Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2018 Draft

(11-10-2017, 06:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 06:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That would be a terrible mock. It means we'd be stuck with Bortles. Besides, it's ridiculous! All those guys are almost guaranteed first rounders.

And it still needs to be fixed.
What does?

The Center position, if we intend on keeping Linder at RG. If he moves back to Center, we need to fix RG.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-10-2017, 06:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 06:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What does?

The Center position, if we intend on keeping Linder at RG. If he moves back to Center, we need to fix RG.

Having Shatley at center means we have a hole at center?  He has played just as good as Linder in the run game and good in the pass game as well.  The only guy he has had a problem with was Aaron Donald but what centers dont have a problem with Donald.   Have you seen the last few games?  If Shaltley keeps up his play I would much rather keep him at center then drafting a center or guard thinking he will play better than Shatley has this year.

(11-10-2017, 06:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 06:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The Center position, if we intend on keeping Linder at RG. If he moves back to Center, we need to fix RG.

Having Shatley at center means we have a hole at center?  He has played just as good as Linder in the run game and good in the pass game as well.  The only guy he has had a problem with was Aaron Donald but what centers dont have a problem with Donald.   Have you seen the last few games?  If Shaltley keeps up his play I would much rather keep him at center then drafting a center or guard thinking he will play better than Shatley has this year.

Yes. It's only been a couple of games. Keep watching. He's not the long term answer.

(11-10-2017, 05:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 03:28 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Mayfield will be the Jaguars' quarterback in 2018. After nearly a decade of bad picks and bad luck, things are finally going "our" way. Stealing Ramsay and Jack two years ago was amazing. The only thing missing is the quarterback and Coughlin/Caldwell are smart enough to realize that they must find a way to get him. They may not even have to trade up since six foot quarterbacks are generally not in high demand in the NFL. He will be to the offense what Ramsay is to the defense- extremely confident, trash talking and fun to watch. He is the true leader that the offense has lacked for too long. Five years from now, NFL experts will ask how a guy like this fell so far in the draft- just like they asked about Russell Wilson, Drew Brees and Tom Brady. 

I'm also in agreement with the positions you selected in rounds 2 and 3. I do think the Jags will have to take the tight end in the 2nd round since Goedert and Gesicki will not make it to the 3rd and either one of these guys would add another dimension to the offense.

You might be right as far as the TE's. I have Gesicki going early in the second, but Goedert could be taken in that round as well. The problem is that the OG class drops immensely after round 2.

(11-11-2017, 08:15 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 05:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You might be right as far as the TE's. I have Gesicki going early in the second, but Goedert could be taken in that round as well. The problem is that the OG class drops immensely after round 2.

There is 1 free agent I'd love for the Jags to sign and that is Justin Pugh. They should have the inside track given he played several years for Coughlin in New York. He provides versatility in that he has started at both guard and tackle and has been equally effective at both positions. Jaguars can then cut Parnell, who has played well this season but is 31 years old- 4 years older than Pugh. He will save the team 5 million in cap space which will help with Pugh's contract. Cutting Ivory, Lewis and Poz will also help the cap situation. Jags can still find a guard in the mid-rounds to provide depth.

(11-11-2017, 08:24 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: There is 1 free agent I'd love for the Jags to sign and that is Justin Pugh. They should have the inside track given he played several years for Coughlin in New York. He provides versatility in that he has started at both guard and tackle and has been equally effective at both positions. Jaguars can then cut Parnell, who has played well this season but is 31 years old- 4 years older than Pugh. He will save the team 5 million in cap space which will help with Pugh's contract. Cutting Ivory, Lewis and Poz will also help the cap situation. Jags can still find a guard in the mid-rounds to provide depth.

Pugh would be way too small to play RT and although he has played LT, he didn't do that great. He is much better suited to play OG, where he has done a pretty good job. If you wanna get rid of Parnell, you need to find a much bigger guy who is adept to run blocking. Parnell has played much better this season, so I'm fine with keeping him. It's Cann that I think needs to be replaced the most.

I've heard Pugh is a good run blocker but isn't he more so a zone blocker? We still run zone plays but overall it seems phone booth blockers would suit us more.

McGlinchey looks horrible tonight. No way I would draft him in the first

I wouldnt take McGlinchey with our 2nd pick either. Can't remember the last time I seen a LT get beat like this. He will face pass rushers every week like this in the pros

(11-11-2017, 11:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: McGlinchey looks horrible tonight.  No way I would draft him in the first

Then it's a good thing we shouldn't even be focusing on OT in the draft. Robinson and Parnell have played well this year.

Did you see the guy next to McGlinchey? He was never beat. Just dominated in both run block and pass protect. Finished his blocks well. Quentin Davis. I would use a late first on him. Love to see Fournette run behind him.

(11-12-2017, 03:31 AM)burt1jason Wrote: Did you see the guy next to McGlinchey? He was never beat. Just dominated in both run block and pass protect. Finished his blocks well. Quentin Davis. I would use a late first on him. Love to see Fournette run behind him.

That was Quenton Nelson. He is going to get drafted high because he is a stud.

(11-12-2017, 07:49 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(11-12-2017, 03:31 AM)burt1jason Wrote: Did you see the guy next to McGlinchey? He was never beat. Just dominated in both run block and pass protect. Finished his blocks well. Quentin Davis. I would use a late first on him. Love to see Fournette run behind him.

That was Quenton Nelson. He is going to get drafted high because he is a stud.

The only way the Jaguars would get Nelson is if they traded up. I expect him to go in the top 20 picks which is rare for a guard, but he is that good.

Agree. Some teams might not want to pick a guard so high. If he falls to us, we should strongly consider him. Unless, of course, if Bortles stinks up the rest of the season.

"Quentin Davis" lol

I know.....lol