Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota St.

(03-31-2018, 03:49 PM)Andy G Wrote: Goedert, Gesicki and Hurst seem difficult to call.

It’s easy to imagine any one of them going in the first round. And if one goes early, there could be a couple taken.

And it seems unlikely to me that more than one will be around at the end of round two, but to be honest I’d be happy with any of those three.

Would be shocking if Hurst went in round 1. Not on the same tier as the other 2.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-31-2018, 04:02 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-31-2018, 03:49 PM)Andy G Wrote: Goedert, Gesicki and Hurst seem difficult to call.

It’s easy to imagine any one of them going in the first round. And if one goes early, there could be a couple taken.

And it seems unlikely to me that more than one will be around at the end of round two, but to be honest I’d be happy with any of those three.

Would be shocking if Hurst went in round 1. Not on the same tier as the other 2.

I think it’s really difficult to predict that with any certainty.

Some have Hurst as the top TE in the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...fts-top-te

Not sure if I agree with that (or even believe it), but my point is we’re just guessing how NFL teams rate Hurst, Gesicki and the rest...

(03-31-2018, 06:40 PM)Andy G Wrote:
(03-31-2018, 04:02 PM)JackCity Wrote: Would be shocking if Hurst went in round 1. Not on the same tier as the other 2.

I think it’s really difficult to predict that with any certainty.

Some have Hurst as the top TE in the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...fts-top-te

Not sure if I agree with that (or even believe it), but my point is we’re just guessing how NFL teams rate Hurst, Gesicki and the rest...

I don't really pay much heed to quotes that come out this time of the year.    

Of course we are just guessing. That's a given for all NFL draft talk. 

I'd be extremely surprised that a team would look at Haydens age, average athletiscm , average production+tape and deem him a first round talent.  2nd+3rd round sure.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2018, 07:52 PM by Achilles.)

I have a feeling gesicki is the first TE taken...

But there is just so much talent that I think Sutton could drop.

I'd actually have a hard time picking between the two.

Edit: I should say that I think gesicki is the best of the bunch, but wouldn't surprise me to see Hurst taken first. He's more well rounded and played for a really strong sec team. If it plays out like that and he goes mid Rd 1, I definitely wouldn't be mad if gesicki was staring us in the face. Although this draft is looking to be the most unpredictable one I can remember.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(03-30-2018, 08:12 PM)Upper Wrote: I can't believe only 7 teams showed up to his pro day, and I can't believe that the Jags weren't one of them.

Yeah, I still dont get this.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2018, 11:13 AM by Caldrac.)

Apparently he's also being lauded for his blocking abilities as well now. He hasn't done a ton of things in the receiving game this year so far though. Which is fair. They just got Wentz back. And Ertz is THE primary receiving threat there.

But so far I'll say this. This front office [BLEEP] up that 1st RD badly back in April.

They signed Norwell. So I guess I can understand why they would have passed on a G there. But I still think Cann was and still is replaceable. They signed ASJ. So, again, I guess I can understand why they would have passed on a TE there.

But they took a [BLEEP] DE that had very little experience at Florida. Very little production. And it's really starting to look like the scouts fell in love with a Workout Wonder / Warrior. I have no faith in Bryan at all moving forward.

Regardless though. You had a quality defense already going into 2018. Your offense was up and down all year. They should have sunk more picks onto that side of the football. Especially with the first three. Instead they opted for defense and it's starting to hurt them now as this season has progressed. We didn't [BLEEP] need a DE or S. We just didn't. Especially guys who are lucky to see the field now.

If you were knocking on the door of a Superbowl just three months prior to this year's draft. Why would you look anywhere but on offense?

Instead of Bryan and Harrison they had options at RB, QB, TE, OG and WR in both of those RD's respectively. I would have went Sony Michel at RB in RD1, Mark Andrews at TE in RD2 & Daesean Hamilton at WR in RD3.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-09-2018, 11:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 11:17 AM)Dumptruck Wrote: Any word on how the guy looks run blocking?

https://twitter.com/PFF_Jordan/status/96...tch-weapon

Going back and forth between Goedert and Hernandez for our first pick

Good article on Goedert
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/dr...mpaign=nfl

(10-20-2018, 11:07 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Apparently he's also being lauded for his blocking abilities as well now. He hasn't done a ton of things in the receiving game this year so far though. Which is fair. They just got Wentz back. And Ertz is THE primary receiving threat there.

But so far I'll say this. This front office [BLEEP] up that 1st RD badly back in April.

They signed Norwell. So I guess I can understand why they would have passed on a G there. But I still think Cann was and still is replaceable. They signed ASJ. So, again, I guess I can understand why they would have passed on a TE there.

But they took a [BLEEP] DE that had very little experience at Florida. Very little production. And it's really starting to look like the scouts fell in love with a Workout Wonder / Warrior. I have no faith in Bryan at all moving forward.

Regardless though. You had a quality defense already going into 2018. Your offense was up and down all year. They should have sunk more picks onto that side of the football. Especially with the first three. Instead they opted for defense and it's starting to hurt them now as this season has progressed. We didn't [BLEEP] need a DE or S. We just didn't. Especially guys who are lucky to see the field now.

If you were knocking on the door of a Superbowl just three months prior to this year's draft. Why would you look anywhere but on offense?

Instead of Bryan and Harrison they had options at RB, QB, TE, OG  and WR in both of those RD's respectively. I would have went Sony Michel at RB in RD1, Mark Andrews at TE in RD2 & Daesean Hamilton at WR in RD3.

Goedert was a good blocker coming out and we need 2 good TEs with the type of play we want to run.  Not to mention he was one of the BPA and and at a position of need that could of helped Bortles.  I'm just glad we didn't go RB in the 1st round in back to back years.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2018, 12:35 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

With all this being said, I do think Bryan will be damn good.