Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota St.

(02-12-2018, 09:41 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: I think NC State's Jaylen Samuels represents a far better value and he is proven at a higher level of competition to be a clutch play-maker.

Samuels is 5'11". A guy of that size cannot be a pure TE in the NFL. He is definitely a talented player, but he's gonna have to take on the role of a pass catching FB/H-Back in the NFL. We need a pure TE.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2018, 07:17 AM by Caldrac.)

Not really a huge fan of this kid. He reminds me of Zach Miller who we drafted years ago and didn't work out here due to injuries. They're the same size and he probably runs in that 4.5 - 4.6 40 range which is good for his size and position. He's not a 1st round pick in my eyes. He dominated at a low level of competition. Big fish - Small pond type of prospect.

If he's there at the bottom of RD2? Go for it. But I would rather see them go with Hurst, Andrews or Fumagalli before they looked at Goedert. And I STILL don't understand the infatuation with this team going after a "pass catching TE" when they may not really need one if they can continue to bolster the offensive line and retain Allen Robinson.

Lewis, Rivera, O'Shaugnessy & Koyack may be able to see more open lanes over the middle if the receiving threat on the outside and Blake Bortles are taken more seriously in 2018. They shipped Julius Thomas away too where a lot of fans were on the fence about his use in the offense. So we'll see. But I would much rather see this team aim to replace A.J Cann and potentially Patrick Omameh if he doesn't want to come back at the G positions with that 29th overall pick.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I look at it fairly simply. Even with Cann and Omameh we had a solid average to above average line. We have maybe the worst TE corps in the league.

An upgrade at guard helps 1/5 of an already fine oline. Helpful but not offense changing.

A true pass catching mismatch at TE could absolutely be offense changing.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2018, 12:27 PM by JagsorDie.)

I really like this kid. I've watched a few highlights of him and his work at the senior bowl and it's pretty impressive. Having this talent at te, ar15, plus Leonard would change the offense completely imo. Ideally, Defenses would get punished for stacking the box and we would have a young core of skill position players. Trying not to get my hopes up.

One thing I am unclear on since all the stuff I've watched is highlight reels and twitter clips. How do you pronounce this guys last name. Is it Joedirt wth G?

Edit: dug deeper and think I answered my question. Pronounced Gaw-dert... I think

But I found this video that is long as crap but This is a guy basically breaking him down. I've got to say, I really like this guy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sCXmFZHbo40

He's literally Zach Ertz

As I've mentioned elsewhere - I like Goedert, Hurst and Andrews in that order. Andrews is actually a distant third to me.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2018, 03:09 PM by irontrooper83.)

Matt Zimmer
‏Verified account
@argusmattz
52m52 minutes ago
More
Goedert appears to be doing well in the route-running section. Moving well and catching everything. Catching passes from former NFL quarterback Ryan Lindley.

(02-16-2018, 04:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: As I've mentioned elsewhere - I like Goedert, Hurst and Andrews in that order. Andrews is actually a distant third to me.

I'd have Andrews neck-in-neck with Gesicki near the top of my list, only I'm truly concerned about his medical condition enough so that for the Jaguars being in Florida I've red flagged him to avoid.

For me it's Goedert, Gesicki, Hurst

Love Goedert tho and would only pass on him if Courtland Sutton were there.

'02

I can't believe only 7 teams showed up to his pro day, and I can't believe that the Jags weren't one of them.

(03-30-2018, 08:12 PM)Upper Wrote: I can't believe only 7 teams showed up to his pro day, and I can't believe that the Jags weren't one of them.

Something tells me we won't be taking a TE until round 3 at the earliest.

(03-30-2018, 08:12 PM)Upper Wrote: I can't believe only 7 teams showed up to his pro day, and I can't believe that the Jags weren't one of them.
They probably saw all they needed to see from him.

Goedert, Gesicki or Hurst would be very good for the Jags.

(03-30-2018, 08:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Something tells me we won't be taking a TE until round 3 at the earliest.

Unless Hurst actually does make it to their round two pick. That would be the home run of all home runs.

Also, I noticed over the past couple years that teams concentrate their efforst on figuring out what they don't know. In a case like Goedert they may feel he already checks all the boxes and they know who he is. Often you'll see teams get players who they never reportedly talked to. I wouldn't cross Goedert off any lists just yet. 

'02

And we are told the Ravens have taken a lot of interest in him.

He might be gone by the time we pick.

(03-30-2018, 09:08 PM)Andy G Wrote: And we are told the Ravens have taken a lot of interest in him.

He might be gone by the time we pick.

All along I've figured Goedert would be gone well before #29.

If by any luck he makes it there, we need to take him. My only ever so slight hesitation is thinking that Hurst might fall to our #2 pick, but that's WAY too much risk to take. I'd btw have no problem if the Jaguars took Hurst at #29... Mayock even has him as his top TE... but I simply rank him behind Goedert, Gesicki and Andrews.

'02

If Goedert is still there at 29, which would be the better option:

Rd.1- Goedert
Rd. 2- Ragnow/Orlando Brown

OR

Rd. 1- Hernandez/Williams/Crosby/Wynn
Rd. 2- Hurst

My preference is choice 2. Goedert does have the biggest upside at tight end, but Hurst is close and likely to contribute more early on. I do think Hurst will be there since he'll probably be the 4th tight end off the board due mostly to his age. There just seems to be a bigger gap between the potential 1st round offensive linemen and either Ragnow or Brown- although both should be good players. Regardless, I do think these should be the 2 areas which the Jaguars target in the 1st 2 rounds unless they feel they can't pass on someone from a different group who fell to them. If there is a quarterback, linebacker or even a receiver they love who's there at 29 it shouldn't surprise anyone if they go BPA and take them. The same theory would go for round 2 where I'd even strongly consider a back like Sony Michel.

(03-31-2018, 12:23 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: If Goedert is still there at 29, which would be the better option:

Rd.1- Goedert

OR

Rd. 2- Hurst

My preference is choice 2. Goedert does have the biggest upside at tight end, but Hurst is close and likely to contribute more early on. I do think Hurst will be there since he'll probably be the 4th tight end off the board due mostly to his age. There just seems to be a bigger gap between the potential 1st round offensive linemen and either Ragnow or Brown- although both should be good players. Regardless, I do think these should be the 2 areas which the Jaguars target in the 1st 2 rounds unless they feel they can't pass on someone from a different group who fell to them. If there is a quarterback, linebacker or even a receiver they love who's there at 29 it shouldn't surprise anyone if they go BPA and take them. The same theory would go for round 2 where I'd even strongly consider a back like Sony Michel.

Option two would be ideal, but not at the risk of actually passing on Goedert if he's there at #29.
'02

(03-31-2018, 01:45 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-31-2018, 12:23 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: If Goedert is still there at 29, which would be the better option:

Rd.1- Goedert

OR

Rd. 2- Hurst

Option two would be ideal, but not at the risk of actually passing on Goedert if he's there at #29.
I kind of agree, in that I think Goedert is the most impactful player of the potential 4 in the Rd 1 & 2 or Rd 1 & 2 scenarios

(03-31-2018, 01:45 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

Rd.1- Goedert

OR

Rd. 2- Hurst

I don't think goedert is going to go that high. I see him as a day 2 pick, probably in the middle of the round.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(03-31-2018, 02:26 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(03-31-2018, 01:45 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Option two would be ideal, but not at the risk of actually passing on Goedert if he's there at #29.

I don't think goedert is going to go that high. I see him as a day 2 pick, probably in the middle of the round.

I see him as the first TE taken likely around #20, but I admit to being wrong about TEs before. That's one position that the real scouts often grade way differently than the draftniks and media, but as I look at them and grade them, I don't see a better possible needs vs value fit than Goedert except for Courtland Sutton who I really doubt falls. Sutton probably goes top 15. 
'02

Goedert, Gesicki and Hurst seem difficult to call.

It’s easy to imagine any one of them going in the first round. And if one goes early, there could be a couple taken.

And it seems unlikely to me that more than one will be around at the end of round two, but to be honest I’d be happy with any of those three.