Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jon Gruden Interested In Titans Head Coaching Job

(11-20-2017, 06:18 PM)D6 Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 05:34 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: I’ve heard Marrone’s name mentioned as a possible replacement for Butch Jones

Jim Bob Cooter has been mentioned as a potential candidate as well.  Names from all different directions are mentioned this time of year when it comes to coaching jobs.

Jim Bob Cooter would be a good hire.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-20-2017, 06:28 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 06:18 PM)D6 Wrote: Jim Bob Cooter has been mentioned as a potential candidate as well.  Names from all different directions are mentioned this time of year when it comes to coaching jobs.

Jim Bob Cooter would be a good hire.

Jim Bob Cooter has a realistic chance of getting an NFL HC offer in the next 1 to 3 years.  If he's offered the Vols job, so much will come down to his motivation of becoming an NFL HC vs. being the HC at the school he attended and played his college ball at.   The success Sean McVay is having with the LA Rams could open up many possibilities for JBC.

(11-23-2017, 12:06 AM)D6 Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 06:28 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Jim Bob Cooter would be a good hire.

Jim Bob Cooter has a realistic chance of getting an NFL HC offer in the next 1 to 3 years.  If he's offered the Vols job, so much will come down to his motivation of becoming an NFL HC vs. being the HC at the school he attended and played his college ball at.   The success Sean McVay is having with the LA Rams could open up many possibilities for JBC.

Jim Bob Cooter declined the opportunity to interview for the University of Tennessee HC job.  My gut feeling is if everything is equal,  they prefer a HC with HC experience.  Cooter clearly wouldn't have been their first choice.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...tennessee/

Regarding the AFC South HC situations,  the only team that I expect a coaching change with is Indianapolis.  At least for me,  it doesn't make sense for Tennessee to move in a different direction.  The team is tied with the Jaguars for 1st place in the AFC South.  Both franchises have made great progress in recent seasons.    Houston is in excellent hands with Bill O'Brien. I think he's a top 10 NFL HC.

I'm so sick of Gruden -- on MNF he was going off on the fact that these 2 teams (Ravens & Chiefs) have players that lay it out on the line for each other and that's what makes them so good. Both teams are now 6-5 -- [BLEEP] !!