Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marcus Mariota Discussion

Elite? ? Try “meh”

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-13-2017, 11:33 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Three weeks ago TN was 31st in red zone efficiency why?  Mariota was hurt.  Today they are tenth.  Realize yesterday he had a TD dropped by Matthews and Davis fumbled a passing TD going into the endzone.  Mariota was the reason TN won 3 of the last four on one leg.  People forget when he was healthy he detroyed Jax and Sea.  And Sea and Jax had no injuries.  And Mariota had no Davis in either game.  He has also been without his best OG in Spain for three weeks now.

Mariota is the only elite QB in this division.  That is the difference right now between Jax and TN.  TN can rely on their QB and Jax cannot.  I saw Bortles yesterday and you guys were lucky BB did not cost you that game.  

TN played cleveland in CLevelend.  You'll find out for yourself their D is pretty solid.  Their DL is a lot better than you think.  You caught a break with Collins being hurt but I don't think you have to score a lot because Kizer is good only for 14 points.  Lenny F has been quiet since Pitt.  And he won't do much against Clev either.   Bortles better not turn the ball over in Clev and give them short fields and scores because it might make the game tough.
Evidently we've really had to lower the bar when it comes to the elite designation in order to come to that conclusion.  Mariota is many things.  Elite isn't one of them. Try not to let your homer glasses get too foggy.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Wich one of you Jaguars fans said thar Tebow was a good QB?

Mariota can throw all patterns. Jon Gruden says so

(11-14-2017, 10:37 PM)MariGOATa Wrote: Wich one of you Jaguars fans said thar Tebow was a good QB?

[Image: ScrawnyFabulousIndiancow-max-1mb.gif]

The vast majority of Jags fans applauded GM David Caldwell, when he immediately shot down the idea of acquiring Tebow after his hiring in 2013. 

Because of our proximity to UF - there are going to be some die-hard gator-homers that feel Tebow never got enough chances in the NFL. (Which is ridiculous of course)  At this point even most of those folks have moved on. 

I don't think you'll get any hookable bites on that troll bait around here.

Mariota is elite. He has better numbers in the red zone than Brady, Rogers, and Warner.

36 TD's and 15 rush TD's. Since he got healthier he has been 6 for 6 in the red zone last two games.

Against Jax and Seattle when healthy he was lethal.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(11-16-2017, 05:09 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Mariota is elite.  He has better numbers in the red zone than Brady, Rogers, and Warner.  

36 TD's and 15 rush TD's.  Since he got healthier he has been 6 for 6 in the red zone last two games.  

He's tiny and he sucks.

That's all the analyzing that guy deserves.

(11-16-2017, 05:20 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 05:09 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Mariota is elite.  He has better numbers in the red zone than Brady, Rogers, and Warner.  

36 TD's and 15 rush TD's.  Since he got healthier he has been 6 for 6 in the red zone last two games.  

He's tiny and he sucks.

That's all the analyzing that guy deserves.

Tom Brady - 6'4", 225
Aaron Rodgers - 6'2", 225
Peyton Manning - 6'5", 230
Marcus Mariota - 6'4", 222
Blake Bortles 6'5", 236

I don't understand the constant references to him being undersized.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

I enjoy banter but I stay with facts. I dont generally talk smack. I think Mariota is the real deal. I think Jax has a great D but Bortles is a drag. Y'all need to go get Kap, Manning, Taylor and y'all's D will have teeth. With a QB who threatens no one the D is going die. the D is ready to win now. Your QB is not.

TN QB is. Their D is close. If TN did not go Davis at 5 and picked a CB or S TN would be set for a decade. The mistake will haunt them I think.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(11-16-2017, 08:37 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: I enjoy banter but I stay with facts.  I dont generally talk smack.  I think Mariota is the real deal.  I think Jax has a great D but Bortles is a drag.  Y'all need to go get Kap, Manning, Taylor and y'all's D will have teeth.  With a QB who threatens no one the D is going die.  the D is ready to win now.  Your QB is not.  

TN QB is.  Their D is close.  If TN did not go Davis at 5 and picked a CB or S TN would be set for a decade.  The mistake will haunt them I think.

Princess Mariota just threw his first pick of the game against the Steelers.   Laughing

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

And a second pick. Hmm. Setting up for his elite comeback I guess.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

The princess lost how many yards on that sack?   Laughing

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Shhhh, he’s elite darn it!

(11-16-2017, 11:44 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Shhhh, he’s elite darn it!

Laughing

Mariota stinks
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Three INT's and counting in the Pittsburgh vs.Tennessee game.  Can we get #4 from this "elite" QB?   Laughing

Lovin it! Jags need to handle business Sun. and all is well.

Trash fans back to eating mayonnaise

Pick #4.   Laughing

E L I T E!