Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chip Kelly to Florida - Rumors heating up

(11-15-2017, 03:46 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 03:22 PM)Achilles Wrote: It's pretty much everywhere now reporting that Stricklin wants to move fast and lock up chip, but Spurrier wants frost, and frost said he isn't taking offers until December.

This could get ugly.

When did Spurrier become the Athletic Director?  I must have missed that.

It seems regardless of his position he still has a lot of pull.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd trust Spurrier more than Stricklin.

Muschamp and now McElwain? Awful choices.

(11-15-2017, 04:03 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I'd trust Spurrier more than Stricklin.

I don't think Stricklin hired Muschamp
Foley did

(11-15-2017, 04:03 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I'd trust Spurrier more than Stricklin.

Foley hired BOTH of those guys. Do you even Gator?
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Chip is a visor guy.  Not sure if he throws it as well as Spurrier used to though.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSVmaEngk_8rUxPjLuhZo...IM5T55iJkF]

(11-15-2017, 08:19 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:

Foley hired BOTH of those guys. Do you even Gator?

Indeed!
Foley left in 2016.

Nice catch.

Chip would be a home run hire. Instant offense with the talent that UF can recruit.

Frost would be a grand slam hire. Could be there for the next 20 years and bring stability and a return to the upper echelon to the program. It is hard to believe that a coach would stay at UCF instead of heading to the premier football conference in the NCAA.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

With current rumors sounding like frost is going to wind up at Nebraska, I expect a Chip Kelly to Florida deal to be announced soon
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Frost to Nebraska was always the heavy favorite. It has also been reported that Kelly is UCLA's #1 choice too so UF might rue not getting the deal done when they had the best chances. Fingers crossed though.

Ok there's actually a ton of smoke this evening about Kelly to UF. Sounds very likely now.

Am now hearing that it's a done deal.

Robbie Andreu‏ @RobbieAndreu
According to a source, Kelly and UF have not reached any kind of agreement. The source said Kelly wants to talk to UCLA, which fired Jim Mora on Sunday.

-------------------------------------------

Who the heck really knows anymore. It's not even fun anymore with everyone trying to be their own insider.

(11-19-2017, 11:27 PM)Upper Wrote: Robbie Andreu‏ @RobbieAndreu
According to a source, Kelly and UF have not reached any kind of agreement. The source said Kelly wants to talk to UCLA, which fired Jim Mora on Sunday.

Who the heck really knows anymore. It's not even fun anymore with everyone trying to be their own insider.

I kind of agree. There are a million reports and they all differ. Pretty much just have to wait for official announcements nowadays.

Throw enough rumors out there, eventually one will be right.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Kelley just seems like a better fit in Los Angeles.

All of these people and their "sources" suck. lol

(11-20-2017, 08:53 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: All of these people and their "sources" suck.  lol

Sources aren't what they used to be. There's going to need to be a "SNOPES" for this kind of thing soon.

I get the feeling Chip will lean UCLA.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2017, 02:20 PM by J-Mizzal.)

(11-19-2017, 11:27 PM)Upper Wrote: Robbie Andreu‏ @RobbieAndreu

This is why UF should have got the Kelly deal done early, now other teams are out there trying to get him, but no they thought they had a shot at Frost, if I were Frost no way would I want my first big job at a school like UF, and its only his 2nd year coaching, even Urban Meyer went to two schools before he made that jump.

(11-20-2017, 01:16 AM)newporttom Wrote: Kelley just seems like a better fit in Los Angeles.

Why is that? Kelly is an east coast guy

Just because he coached at Oregon doesnt mean he is west coach.
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(11-20-2017, 09:06 AM)Achilles Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 08:53 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: All of these people and their "sources" suck.  lol

Sources aren't what they used to be. There's going to need to be a "SNOPES" for this kind of thing soon.

Everybody wants to be first, so must of what comes out now is a guess.  Some may be an educated guess, but still a guess.

Like they knew the Florida plane flew to see him so its easy to say my sources say Florida is about to say Florida is about to sign Chip Kelly because there's a solid chance it could happen....BUT, like last night proved you could also look like an idiot.  Your guess turned out completely wrong and instead of being a trusted guy you have egg on your face and nobody should ever trust you again.