Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chip Kelly to Florida - Rumors heating up

Kelly to UCLA official?

Dan Mullen a possibility now? Gators are going to run out of options.....good options.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-24-2017, 04:44 PM)JackCity Wrote: Kelly's going to UCLA

Noooooooooo! I hate zone read option football! That's not real football. Why does he have to go to my favorite team? I hope you're wrong.

(11-24-2017, 08:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Noooooooooo! I hate zone read option football! That's not real football. Why does he have to go to my favorite team? I hope you're wrong.

Relax zone read is just part of the playbook. His passing and running schemes are really good as long as he's tweaked things a bit. He's great for UCLA.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2017, 09:45 PM by JackCity.)

Most of the best college offenses in the country use zone read plays. Actually almost every team in the country uses zone read to some extent. Weird thing to be annoyed about...

Eagles, Chiefs, Panthers, Rams etc etc all use zone read plays too.

Chip Kelly as a Head Coach of Oregon was 3-0 vs UCLA and outscored them 133 - 54.   I think you may want to be a little more open to an offense that averaged beating UCLA by a score of 44-18.

This is a perfect fit for UCLA to go along with its pristine campus, glamorous Westwood LA $$, and abundance of hot coeds.  Although, Gainesville does have a better selection of Denny's and IHOPS within a 5-mile radius.

I hope you don't hate wins because that's what Chip and his offense are going to bring to UCLA.  This was a smart hire by UCLA.

I said this [BLEEP] all along it's a no [BLEEP] brainer. Chip Kelly gets his high octane offense in the same division as before with no defense... it's a win win for him.

Hi, Jaguars fans! He's coming to Westwood, and back to the Pac-12! Charles Edward Kelly is officially hired by the only USA college institution that won more than 100 NCAA collegiate athletic championships in the land. CEK used to coach Marcus Mariota and the Oregon Ducks, before he went to the Eagles and 49ers! He also replaces Jim Mora, Jr. at Westwood.

Unbelievable.. Gators are [BLEEP] for at least another year. Corral will abandon [BLEEP] without a doubt.

It made a lot of sense.....he's a west coast kind of guy.

(11-25-2017, 02:40 PM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: Unbelievable.. Gators are [BLEEP] for at least another year. Corral will abandon [BLEEP] without a doubt.

Relax man. There are a couple good options left out there before the need to panic.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Not a good day for the Gators! They lose to FSU and look foolish about how they handled the whole Chip Kelly fiasco. The only way they can redeem themselves is by hiring Frost, but Nebraska is certainly a possible landing spot for him.

I’m thinking Mullen is going to be the guy.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Someone kill me please.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/sto...llen-coach

(11-26-2017, 03:24 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I’m thinking Mullen is going to be the guy.

Definitely wasn't my first choice but I like Dan Mullen. I think he was over achieving with the talent he had at Mississippi State. 

He needs to be able to recruit strongly because he will not get by at Florida otherwise. 

Also would be a nice fit for him and Charlie Strong to work together again. Strong is a great defensive coach.

Wanted Kelly but more than fine with Mullen

I never wanted Kelly, I’m okay with Mullen...but I would have loved to have had Kiffen. Florida needs a cocky, feminine hygiene apparatus with a lot of attitude as the head coach. That’s where we seem to have our best success.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-26-2017, 04:15 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I never wanted Kelly, I’m okay with Mullen...but I would have loved to have had Kiffen. Florida needs a cocky, feminine hygiene apparatus with a lot of attitude as the head coach. That’s where we seem to have our best success.

Kiffen would be the last guy on my list.  I want Frost or Mullen now

My list was

1. Kelly
2. Frost
3. Mullen

So im good with Mullen

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2017, 05:04 PM by Upper.)

Mullen was the vanilla option, but at least it's still yummy ice cream. Could have been worse for sure.

No one wants to live in Gainesville. That place is awful.