Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Boycott Fails

(11-15-2017, 12:03 PM)raptor6581 Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 12:00 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: I read somewhere that the attendance was 60,xxx. But I don't know how the NFL counts attendance.

Years ago I think MLB changed from tickets sold to actual people attended. I don't know about the NFL. I think they go by turnstile count but I could be wrong.

I was there, and there were at least 60,xxx there. Everbank is real hard to judge. A number of people on the east side can't deal with the sun for the entire game so many are inside. Then you add on the number of people not in there seats because they are hanging out in the Bud Zone, etc., so who knows.

It seemed well attended. The energy was certainly there.
It was just over 67,000 thru the turnstile

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Do you have a source. Not saying it's incorrect ...

I'm trying to find where I saw 60,xxx. I hope I saw wrong. I like your number much better.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just found it. It's on ESPN's game scores/game summary: capacity of 67,164; attendance of 60,835 (91%).

Still not bad. If the team continues on it's upward path December ought to be a very good month for attendance.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(11-15-2017, 11:59 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 01:23 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: I call bull#$@*. As much as I want to buy a Ramsey and Fournette jersey, I choose not to. As much as I'd like to go to the bar and watch the game, I do not. I'm enjoying my little protest as well. The NFL can easily pad these stats because they know they're in dire straits at the moment.  The real numbers will come out when the CBA is renegotiated, and until then everything else is fluff.

The real story is how does a multi conglomorate allow this to happen?

Re-signing Goodell seems futile to me as it happened on his watch. Jerry Jones seems to be a bit smarter than he appears.
So why are you posting on a Jags message board?

Shouldn't that be part of your protest?

I thought this website is not affiliated with the NFL?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Ah, the initial article had their info wrong.... Still, 61k isn't a bad turnout, and it's an increase from their first few game. Keep winning, and that number will only rise.

Just some anecdotal evidence, I heard three people yesterday who said they stopped following the NFL because of the anti_American protests. That's vs. three (including me) who still watch.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(11-15-2017, 01:20 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Just some anecdotal evidence, I heard three people yesterday who said they stopped following the NFL because of the anti_American protests. That's vs. three (including me) who still watch.
I don't know a single person who is boycotting the NFL.

Boycotts sound so much better when your team sucks

(11-15-2017, 01:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 01:20 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Just some anecdotal evidence, I heard three people yesterday who said they stopped following the NFL because of the anti_American protests. That's vs. three (including me) who still watch.
Same. I know a few who "boycotted" for precisely one game.

Based on the empty seats I've been seeing lately, I think a lot of people are boycotting the FSU and UF home football games.

(11-15-2017, 01:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

I know one who was, but he found a convenient excuse to give up the boycott when Jags won a few games in a row.

The demonstration by the Jaguars in London was in reaction to President Trump, not a show of unity with Kaepernick or other anthem kneelers/sitters. Had he not referred to the protestors as sons of [BLEEP] who should be fired, Kahn isn't on the field, locking arms with his team. That detail seems to be lost on many who expressed dismay when it happened.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017, 05:02 PM by Kane.)

(11-15-2017, 01:50 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Based on the empty seats I've been seeing lately, I think a lot of people are boycotting the FSU and UF home football games.

I think some of the players have been boycotting them too.
did UF show up at all VS mizzou or Scar? lol

Those Tebow years and Nattys are soooo far away now Sad

(11-15-2017, 01:02 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 11:59 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So why are you posting on a Jags message board?

Shouldn't that be part of your protest?

I thought this website is not affiliated with the NFL?

The website isn't officially affiliated with anything.
But, it's a fan MB site for an NFL team...

So while you may not be watching (so you say)
You're still staying involved in the team info... which tells me you really don't want to boycott or aren't actually boycotting.

Sure by visiting this site you don't spend your money on the NFL and you're not offering your eyes and TV to the ratings.
But you're still here sunshine... getting all the updates and staying in the know... so when you hop the fence it'll be like you never left... if you even did.

I know four people who went die-hard "I'm never watching a game again" after the weekend everyone got on one knee to give Trump one finger.

All four of them couldn't wait to talk about how crazy the end of last week's game was.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017, 07:24 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Boycotting the Jags now would be like dumping the chick on the right after dating that same chick on the left for 2 years

[Image: weight_loss2.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017, 08:30 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(11-15-2017, 07:23 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Boycotting the Jags now would be like dumping the chick on the right after dating that same chick on the left for 2 years

[Image: weight_loss2.jpg]
More like dating the chick on the left for 10 years while working out everyday with her, then leaving. Your post isn't very 'body positive' but it did get a positive vote from me!

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-13-2017, 08:11 PM)nate Wrote: https://sports.yahoo.com/despite-threat-...59264.html

I was sure I had the wrong week in mind at the game.  Dismal failure.

There were fans that normally would have been there that were not.  Advertisers have been taking notice.  The NFL has gone out of their way to reach out to the military and first responders.  I am not sure I would call it a dismal failure.  Certainly it did not have the far reaching affect that the organizers had hoped for but as with the original kneeling, conversations are being held and discussions are happening.  Isn't that the whole purpose to begin with?  From both sides of this?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(11-15-2017, 09:04 PM)copycat Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 08:11 PM)nate Wrote: https://sports.yahoo.com/despite-threat-...59264.html

I was sure I had the wrong week in mind at the game.  Dismal failure.

There were fans that normally would have been there that were not.  Advertisers have been taking notice.  The NFL has gone out of their way to reach out to the military and first responders.  I am not sure I would call it a dismal failure.  Certainly it did not have the far reaching affect that the organizers had hoped for but as with the original kneeling, conversations are being held and discussions are happening.  Isn't that the whole purpose to begin with?  From both sides of this?

No, it was to get Kaepernick off the bench.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato