Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Suspected Pedophile Roy Moore

(11-13-2017, 08:46 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 08:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So, you are cool with women withholding rape accusations for decades until their abuser is running for something important?

I'm not supporting the guy, but the whole thing seems weird.
Nah not exactly as it can lead to much more backlash as is expected.  I get why it's done but think it only serves to add suspicion. 

In Roy Moores own words recently he "doesn't dispute" he used to date girls as young as 16 when he was in his 30s. (16 being the age of consent in Alabama do nothing wrong there).  

So at very least we know he was a guy in power with a taste for women much younger than himself.
That doesn't make him a pedo. It just makes him creepy. I know a couple who have been married over 20 years now and there is a 20-year age difference between them. She was 19 and he was 39 when they married. Seems creepy when you think about it like that but they are a solid couple. 

I agree with others that the timing is "off."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It should be noted the girl who was 14 at the time Moore allegedly molested her did not come forward with this story, reporters who heard rumors did some good, old fashioned investigation and found her. The story in the WP had 3 bylines, but of course...you know...fake news knee-jerk. Gathering facts on a case like this takes time. Can a case be made the WP has it in for Moore because of his political affiliation? Sure, but he's also been defrocked twice, is an unabashed homophobe, holds interesting theories about evolution and the U.S. Constitution, and with a less than spotless past. When he entered the national limelight, he got attention. There's nothing nefarious about the timing.

I love how some are equating 30 year olds attracted to 18 year olds to this creep, who said he never dated teen girls without parental permission. What adults are interested in that scenario?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(11-15-2017, 03:38 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 08:46 PM)JackCity Wrote: Nah not exactly as it can lead to much more backlash as is expected.  I get why it's done but think it only serves to add suspicion. 

In Roy Moores own words recently he "doesn't dispute" he used to date girls as young as 16 when he was in his 30s. (16 being the age of consent in Alabama do nothing wrong there).  

So at very least we know he was a guy in power with a taste for women much younger than himself.
That doesn't make him a pedo. It just makes him creepy. I know a couple who have been married over 20 years now and there is a 20-year age difference between them. She was 19 and he was 39 when they married. Seems creepy when you think about it like that but they are a solid couple. 

That's not creepy at all. She was legal. The girls Moore "dated" were underage, like 14-16. That's a huge difference. Anything under 18 is "off limits," or at least it should be to normal people.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017, 07:38 PM by realtorpat.)

(11-15-2017, 07:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 03:38 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: That doesn't make him a pedo. It just makes him creepy. I know a couple who have been married over 20 years now and there is a 20-year age difference between them. She was 19 and he was 39 when they married. Seems creepy when you think about it like that but they are a solid couple. 

That's not creepy at all. She was legal. The girls Moore "dated" were underage, like 14-16. That's a huge difference. Anything under 18 is "off limits," or at least it should be to normal people.

you gotta consider he is 70 now and 31 years ago Alabama is a bit different then today Alabama.  Not saying what he did wasn't wrong but at the time it was a bit more common then it is today.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(11-15-2017, 03:38 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: That doesn't make him a pedo. It just makes him creepy. I know a couple who have been married over 20 years now and there is a 20-year age difference between them. She was 19 and he was 39 when they married. Seems creepy when you think about it like that but they are a solid couple. 

Someone pushing 40 making a move on someone barely out of high school is creepy. Legal, but creepy.

(11-15-2017, 03:38 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 08:46 PM)JackCity Wrote: Nah not exactly as it can lead to much more backlash as is expected.  I get why it's done but think it only serves to add suspicion. 

No but it adds to the image we have of Roy Moore of a guy in power who has a taste for young teenagers. Some of them whom were only just past the age of consent. By his own admission that is true. 

It makes the rest of the stories more plausible.

(11-15-2017, 07:37 PM)realtorpat Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 07:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's not creepy at all. She was legal. The girls Moore "dated" were underage, like 14-16. That's a huge difference. Anything under 18 is "off limits," or at least it should be to normal people.

you gotta consider he is 70 now and 31 years ago Alabama is a bit different then today Alabama.  Not saying what he did wasn't wrong but at the time it was a bit more common then it is today.

Wasn't the accusation that he dated a 16 y.o. when 31? That would make it almost 40 years and in the 70's. A very different time indeed. I was in highschool 15 years ago and even then I knew girls that were all about the quite a bit older guy. Quite frankly, I think a 16 year old is perfectly capable of giving consent. Have no interest in that age group myself, but I remember how they were when I was down there. If the guy wanted 5 yo girls or boys this would be a huge issue to me, but at 16, especially 40 years ago when people were getting married at like 17 and 18, not a thing for me. 

If I was in Alabama, I would care much more about his positions and former rulings as a judge then this.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

By the way it isn't just the fact that he was with young teenage girls. He's been accused by several of them of sexual assault.  

Haven't really seen the full stories.

(11-15-2017, 08:31 PM)JackCity Wrote: By the way it isn't just the fact that he was with young teenage girls. He's been accused by several of them of sexual assault.  

Ah, IC, that is different. But at this point, when I hear women accusing sexual assault I just wait for more details. Its sad, but there have been way too many crying wolf lately. I still think tho your best bet is considering his actual positions as a politician and judge (old rulings) if you have to vote.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

This talk about the age of consent perplexes me.

Are you saying that if you had a 16 year old daughter and the age of consent is 16 you'd be ok with a 32 year old guy (a District Attorney!) coming around to "date" your daughter?

And you'd have no problem with them having sexual relations, because after all the age of consent is 16 so it's cool.

These girls (now women) are real people with real parents. How would you feel?
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

I agree its creepy and off limits but lets talk this out. At the time (40 years ago) the legal age was 16. Right now its 18 so we all shrug when a 30 year old lands an 18 year old cause its legal.what if in 50 years the legal age of adulthood is 21 not 18? Are those 30year olds now creeps?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017, 10:12 PM by EricC85.)

(11-15-2017, 08:31 PM)JackCity Wrote: By the way it isn't just the fact that he was with young teenage girls. He's been accused by several of them of sexual assault.  

Wait the WP article said he did not assualt any of them acocrding to the women interviewed. If there's more I'm not aware of than that changes my views on everything.

(11-15-2017, 09:37 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: This talk about the age of consent perplexes me.

Are you saying that if you had a 16 year old daughter and the age of consent is 16 you'd be ok with a 32 year old guy (a District Attorney!) coming around to "date" your daughter?

And you'd have no problem with them having sexual relations, because after all the age of consent is 16 so it's cool.

Just because its legal doesn't mean I approve. I'm all for legalizing marijuana but I don't approve my kids using it either.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(11-15-2017, 10:10 PM)EricC85 Wrote:

Wait the WP article said he did not assualt any of them acocrding to the women interviewed. If there's more I'm not aware of than that changes my views on everything.

Yeah it seems theres several that claim he sexually assaulted them.  

In today's world its impossible to believe anything, especially when a witch hunt is in full flow but this one at least has some legs to it I feel.

(11-15-2017, 07:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's not creepy at all. She was legal. The girls Moore "dated" were underage, like 14-16. That's a huge difference. Anything under 18 is "off limits," or at least it should be to normal people.

Sexual assault was a lot more common back then too and women were afraid to report such things due to fear of retaliation and being blamed, (as victim blaming was a common thing back then ala was she dressed too sexy, she must be asking for it.) It works both ways. None of us know what the truth is, but the guy had some really creepy behavior and where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

(11-15-2017, 07:40 PM)TJBender Wrote:

Someone pushing 40 making a move on someone barely out of high school is creepy. Legal, but creepy.

What if the girl likes older men? Is she not entitled to be happy? Some people don't like typical types of relationships. If everyone is legal and happy, why is that creepy? Personally, I don't find women my own age attractive at all. Crows feet, turkey neck and varicose veins creep me out, but if other people are o.k. with older women, that's great. It's just not my thing. Everyone is different and finds different things attractive.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2017, 12:16 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

(11-15-2017, 09:37 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: This talk about the age of consent perplexes me.

If my daughter tried to date any man or boy at 16 she would be in trouble. But the idea that shes 'not old enough to know what she wants' is bogus. Girls are generally more mature, not less than boys. While I can certainly be mad at some crusty old kook like olinematters for trying to hit on my daughter, I cannot generally claim that girls at 16 have no clue what sex is or have no desire to have it. I can certainly strongly encourage my daughter not to engage in these things, but to claim its not possible for her to have consensual sex at 16 is preposterous.

The average age of first sex for boys and girls combined was 17 when I was in highschool, and I know for certain the girls were generally younger. This isn't some prepubescent girl who knows nothing in general. These kids are choosing to have sex. Society has decided to place rather arbitrary cut offs of what kind of sex it is 'okay' for a 16 year old to have (i.e. in florida you can have sex with a 16 year old till your 24 legally). 

Thats societies standard and not my own. I personally do not believe in sex before marriage no matter what the age. So to me, whether you fornicate with another 16 year old or a 32 year old is the same. I believe that non mentally impaired girls are capable of deciding they want to have sex at that age, even tho I do not believe they should.

(11-15-2017, 10:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 07:37 PM)realtorpat Wrote: you gotta consider he is 70 now and 31 years ago Alabama is a bit different then today Alabama.  Not saying what he did wasn't wrong but at the time it was a bit more common then it is today.

Sexual assault was a lot more common back then too and women were afraid to report such things due to fear of retaliation and being blamed, (as victim blaming was a common thing back then ala was she dressed too sexy, she must be asking for it.) It works both ways. None of us know what the truth is, but the guy had some really creepy behavior and where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

I just read a story on drudge about him grabbing a womans butt and I believe it. It was too specific IMO to be false. Have to say, this guy sounds more like a good ol boy perv in the Bill Clinton vein. I would no longer vote for him no matter what his policies at this point. You are right there is too much smoke.

(11-14-2017, 12:01 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 11:06 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I hate that word, uneducated. Some of the most educated people I've ever met were also the dumbest and most lacking in common sense.

Intelligence is much more rare and elusive than education. Any moron can get educated, that doesn't make their opinion any more valid; just look at "educated" people's voting habits. They vote according to what the main stream media tells them, because in their university setting they were indoctrinated to believe that the media is totally unbiased and only reports the truth. Education seems to breed more sheep than it does independent thinkers.

Apparently, "independent thinking" equals, "I believe what I want to believe, and anything else is a lie."

You mean what the left does everyday living in echo chambers?

I research everything independently, I don't count on others to do ANYTHING for me, including my thinking.

Their KKK membership is down from 49,252 to 48,985

(11-16-2017, 11:48 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 07:37 PM)realtorpat Wrote: you gotta consider he is 70 now and 31 years ago Alabama is a bit different then today Alabama.  Not saying what he did wasn't wrong but at the time it was a bit more common then it is today.

That's just attrition. They're dying out. Slowly, but surely.

I remember back when we used to ignore them or laugh at them - never engaged them. They were not worth it then and they are not worth it now.

(11-16-2017, 11:48 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Pretty sure the cited number off KKK members is like 6000 total

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine