Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 11

Week # 10 results: 4-0
Overall results: 24-7

Week # 11 :

Pittsburgh over Tennessee

More selections planned.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Thumbs Down 

(11-15-2017, 10:40 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: Titans will take care of the squeelers. Then Bortles will give the Browns their first win. Good times

One part of this equation doesn’t = y

Gabbert is officially starting, and I am officially confirming my pick as Texans.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-17-2017, 12:18 AM)DuvalJag Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 10:40 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: Titans will take care of the squeelers. Then Bortles will give the Browns their first win. Good times

One part of this equation doesn’t = y

Well, that all depends on what he meant by "take care of".  Tennessee made breakfast for Pizzburgh this morning.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(11-16-2017, 08:59 PM)D6 Wrote: Week # 10 results: 4-0
Overall results:  24-7

Week # 11 :

More selections planned.

I don't want to be "that guy", but your selection came after the start of the game.   Wink  No big deal since this is just a "friendly pool", I'm just jerking your chain a bit.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2017, 01:05 AM by D6.)

(11-17-2017, 07:33 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Week # 11 :

More selections planned.

I don't want to be "that guy", but your selection came after the start of the game.   Wink  No big deal since this is just a "friendly pool", I'm just jerking your chain a bit.

The clock on the message is listed one hour ahead of when around the time I posted it.   I posted it around 8pm ET on Thursday Night.  If you can check on this,  it would be appreciated.   There's no question that I posted the selection before the game started.   I posted it in FBTs selection contest on Yahoo as well as a 10 points confidence selection.  But if there's any doubt,  I won't count it in the overall selections.   

Remaining selections:

Jacksonville
Houston

(11-17-2017, 07:33 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Week # 11 :

More selections planned.

The clock on the message is listed one hour ahead of when around the time I posted it.   I posted it around 8pm ET on Thursday Night.  If you can check on this,  it would be appreciated.   There's no question that I posted the selection before the game started.   I posted it in FBTs selection contest on Yahoo as well as a 10 points confidence selection.  But if there's any doubt,  I won't count it in the overall selections.   

Remaining selections:

Jacksonville
Houston

(11-19-2017, 01:05 AM)D6 Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 07:33 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I don't want to be "that guy", but your selection came after the start of the game.   Wink  No big deal since this is just a "friendly pool", I'm just jerking your chain a bit.

Remaining selections:

Jacksonville
Houston

(11-17-2017, 07:33 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I don't want to be "that guy", but your selection came after the start of the game.   Wink  No big deal since this is just a "friendly pool", I'm just jerking your chain a bit.

Remaining selections:

Jacksonville
Houston

Here's a post from the contest from 2 weeks ago that was clearly done before the games started but it's listed an hour later.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1054306

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2017, 08:15 AM by Perkolater.)

Late getting this in but I’ll be honest, I would have picked the titans so..

Titans
Jags
Cards

20-11 overall

(11-15-2017, 04:49 AM)Bullseye Wrote: After ten weeks, the division race takes shape.  There are two teams atop the division:  the loathsome, detestable stinkin' tacks and our own wonderful, amazing, and generally swell Jacksonville Jaguars-both at 6-3.  As it currently stands, the tacks own the tiebreaker edge over the Jaguars, but there is still plenty of football left to play.  Meanwhile, Indy and Houston, both missing their starting QBs, take up the rear, at least two games back.  With this setting in mind, let's get to the picks.  Last week was a good week for most.  I had my own first 4-0 week.  Hopefully I- and the Jaguars- can stack some more wins this week.

tacks (6-3) at Steelers (7-2)-Under most circumstances, it would be easy for me to root against the Steelers.  I've hated them since 1978.   Their championships-and many of the wins they accumulated on the way to get them-are the NFL equivalent of WWE matches with the bogus officiating.  They even stand a game above the Jaguars in the playoff standings at the moment.  But as fate usually has it, there is often one time a year I find myself rooting for them out of necessity.  This is that time, as the tacks travel to Pittsburgh on a short week.  But when it comes to games that benefit the Jaguars, I will root for the Steelers with absolutely zero shame. A team traveling to Pittsburgh is usually in for a tough time.  A team traveling to Pittsburgh on a short week even more so. Steelers win 28-21.

Jaguars (6-3) at Browns (0-9)-For the past few weeks, I have speculated if the Jaguars could get through the Cincinnati and Chargers games, that could be a springboard to a 9-3 record by the Seattle game-the second of our upcoming three game home stretch.  However, that record presumes wins the next three games, the first of which is this week against Cleveland.  Even though the Browns are winless and this game falls under the "presumed win" category, somehow this game scares me.  The Jaguars have usually fared well against the Browns, and it seems as though we match up very well against them, especially our defense against their offense.  That match up seems to portend big sack numbers this week.  So why does this game scare me?  I can't quite put my finger on it. The Jaguars are banged up.   I know the Browns have talent on the defense, especially along the D-Line.  Undoubtedly, part of this fear comes from my experience as a Jaguars fan over this past decade.  But I have to remind myself this is a different Jaguars team.  Temperatures are forecast to drop from the mid 50s on Saturday, to a high of 36 on Sunday.  In the Jaguars first cold weather game of the season, the Jaguars win 20-7.

Cardinals (4-5) at Texans (3-6)-In a match up of two teams that are missing their starting QBs, the Cards travel to the Texans.  Both teams have been ravaged by injuries.  I know the Texans are at home, but I have a lot of respect for Bruce Arians.  I think the Cards can get it done on the road.  Cards 24, Texans 20.

Last Week:  4-0
Overall:  18-13?

I was really close on the Browns game.

This week:  2-1
Overall:  20-14

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-15-2017, 07:50 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 04:49 AM)Bullseye Wrote: After ten weeks, the division race takes shape.  There are two teams atop the division:  the loathsome, detestable stinkin' tacks and our own wonderful, amazing, and generally swell Jacksonville Jaguars-both at 6-3.  As it currently stands, the tacks own the tiebreaker edge over the Jaguars, but there is still plenty of football left to play.  Meanwhile, Indy and Houston, both missing their starting QBs, take up the rear, at least two games back.  With this setting in mind, let's get to the picks.  Last week was a good week for most.  I had my own first 4-0 week.  Hopefully I- and the Jaguars- can stack some more wins this week.

tacks (6-3) at Steelers (7-2)-Under most circumstances, it would be easy for me to root against the Steelers.  I've hated them since 1978.   Their championships-and many of the wins they accumulated on the way to get them-are the NFL equivalent of WWE matches with the bogus officiating.  They even stand a game above the Jaguars in the playoff standings at the moment.  But as fate usually has it, there is often one time a year I find myself rooting for them out of necessity.  This is that time, as the tacks travel to Pittsburgh on a short week.  But when it comes to games that benefit the Jaguars, I will root for the Steelers with absolutely zero shame. A team traveling to Pittsburgh is usually in for a tough time.  A team traveling to Pittsburgh on a short week even more so. Steelers win 28-21.

Jaguars (6-3) at Browns (0-9)-For the past few weeks, I have speculated if the Jaguars could get through the Cincinnati and Chargers games, that could be a springboard to a 9-3 record by the Seattle game-the second of our upcoming three game home stretch.  However, that record presumes wins the next three games, the first of which is this week against Cleveland.  Even though the Browns are winless and this game falls under the "presumed win" category, somehow this game scares me.  The Jaguars have usually fared well against the Browns, and it seems as though we match up very well against them, especially our defense against their offense.  That match up seems to portend big sack numbers this week.  So why does this game scare me?  I can't quite put my finger on it. The Jaguars are banged up.   I know the Browns have talent on the defense, especially along the D-Line.  Undoubtedly, part of this fear comes from my experience as a Jaguars fan over this past decade.  But I have to remind myself this is a different Jaguars team.  Temperatures are forecast to drop from the mid 50s on Saturday, to a high of 36 on Sunday.  In the Jaguars first cold weather game of the season, the Jaguars win 20-7.

Cardinals (4-5) at Texans (3-6)-In a match up of two teams that are missing their starting QBs, the Cards travel to the Texans.  Both teams have been ravaged by injuries.  I know the Texans are at home, but I have a lot of respect for Bruce Arians.  I think the Cards can get it done on the road.  Cards 24, Texans 20.

Last Week:  4-0
Overall:  18-13?
Going with 'my heart' this week.
Steelers over Tacks
Jags over Browns (I am predicting a shutout for the Brownies, and low score for us)
Texans Cardinals? I guess Cardinals if Stanton plays. If its Gabs tho, definitely Texans. 

4-0 last week
12-1 overall

Edit: Gabs is starting, give me the Texans.
3-0 this week
15-1 overall

I admit Gabbs fooled me for a second, but then I looked at the YPA and I knew he was gonna come back down to earth. Still who he always was.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-15-2017, 12:41 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 18-5 overall.  

both tittians,and steelers are good teams. both are on winning streaks. I do belieave though tittians streak ends.  -Steelers pull out a win

Cards over Texans. 

Jags over browns!!

2-1 this week. 

20-6 overall.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(11-15-2017, 06:05 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Steelers
Jags
Cards (Gabbert vs Savage lol)

4-0 last week
21-10 overall

2-1 this week. More importantly, Jags won and tacks lost!

23-11 overall
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(11-16-2017, 02:24 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Browns over jags
Squealers over Tacks
Texans over Cards

2-1 this week.

24-10 Now. 3-0 baby.

(11-16-2017, 07:01 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: 4-0 last week, 23-8 overall.

Jaguars over Browns  (come on, don't let us down!)

Titans over Steelers  (Steelers are over-rated and soft)

Texans over Cardinals  (coin toss)

2-1 this week, 25-9 overall.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(11-15-2017, 09:13 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: My picks this week.

Steelers
Jaguars
Cardinals <- This one can pretty much go either way.

Bonus pick this week.  The Colts lose on their bye.

Last week 4-0
Overall 22-9

This week 2-1
Overall 24-10

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-15-2017, 11:40 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Steelers over Titans
Jaguars over Browns
Texans over Cardinals

3-1 last week
23-8 overall

3-0 this week 
26-8 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(11-15-2017, 11:42 AM)Kane Wrote: 3-1 Last week
17-14 Overall

Picks:
squeelers
Jags
tinhorns

3-0 this week
20-14 overall

1-2 this week.. ugh.

21-13 overall