Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will Jags pursue Tyrod Taylor?

(01-13-2018, 01:55 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 12:30 PM)Upper Wrote: Unless we break the bank on Cousins an early (hopefully trade up in the 1st) QB needs to be a main priority no matter who the QB is.

Someone else is going to throw Ft. Knox at Cousins. I think our defense gives us the luxury, as wacky as this sounds, of not needing to sign the most expensive QB in NFL history, and I do think his contract in FA could get up there.

If Blake definitely is not the guy, and I'm still not 100% convinced one way or the other, I think this team is best served by drafting a QB in the first or (more likely) second round, letting him sit behind Eli Manning for a year or two, then turning him loose. I wouldn't complain if we did land a guy like Cousins, but I also wouldn't throw the entire GDP of a Central American republic at him.

Not to beleaguer your point but I’ll be shocked if Jimmy G doesn’t end up with the better contract.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-14-2018, 04:06 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Not to beleaguer your point but I’ll be shocked if Jimmy G doesn’t end up with the better contract.

Yeah possibly if both were to hit the open market, but that won't happen with Jimmy. I have a feeling he'll ask for Carr+ money but wind up getting tagged while Cousins will hit the open market and ride a bidding war between half a dozen or more suitors to a bigger deal.

It's definitely possible the Niners saw enough in his 5 game sample to give Jimmy G the biggest deal ever though I wouldn't rule that out.

Why are there 2 separate threads about this sub par QB, if you can even call him a QB. His accuracy is like 60 if real life was like Madden. There is zero upside to him.

Good stuff