Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will Jags pursue Tyrod Taylor?

(11-15-2017, 10:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 09:57 PM)JackCity Wrote: This is a good example of "the grass is always greener" in my eyes. They installed a scheme that doesn't suit Tyrod at all, gave him an awful Oline and really bad (once Clay went) receivers to work with. Quite hard for any QB to succeed like that.  

What I will say is although Peterman isn't very good he'll at least have a scheme more suited to him. I'd imagine he'll be eaten alive against the chargers as is expected.
Awful oline?  Glenn, Dawkins, Incognito....  I wouldn't call that an awful oline.  Shady is there too.  Are you sure its the WR and not the QB?  I think their WR corp is pretty decent

Yes an awful Oline. its playing like one of the worst units in the league. Currently averaging 2.8 ypc in the run game. They allowed the 7th most sacks. In years past it was very good.  

You do? Matthews has been terrible, zero separation or big plays. Dickson is one of the worst starting tight ends in the league. Zay Jones is a rookie and has been a non factor., Holmes and Thompson are bad players. their best receiver was Clay the TE but he's been injured.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-15-2017, 10:18 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 10:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Awful oline?  Glenn, Dawkins, Incognito....  I wouldn't call that an awful oline.  Shady is there too.  Are you sure its the WR and not the QB?  I think their WR corp is pretty decent

Yes an awful Oline. its playing like one of the worst units in the league. Currently averaging 2.8 ypc in the run game. They allowed the 7th most sacks. In years past it was very good.  

You do? Matthews has been terrible, zero separation or big plays. Dickson is one of the worst starting tight ends in the league. Zay Jones is a rookie and has been a non factor., Holmes and Thompson are bad players. their best receiver was Clay the TE but he's been injured.

Their bad because QB play and the 7th most sacks is because Taylor holds on to the ball to long

(11-15-2017, 10:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 10:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: Yes an awful Oline. its playing like one of the worst units in the league. Currently averaging 2.8 ypc in the run game. They allowed the 7th most sacks. In years past it was very good.  

Their bad because QB play and the 7th most sacks is because Taylor holds on to the ball to long

You think Andre Holmes and Thompson are good? Tyrod has held on to the ball like that the last few years and the Bills line protected him fine. Its just a really bad unit this year. Can't pass protect or run the ball.

(11-15-2017, 09:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Bills know a bad QB as good as anyone.

The Bills fans sure are happy he got benched for the 5th round rookie but a few of you guys want him, lol.  
A few classic Jags fans lol

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthr...he-starter

If Taylor was any good don't you guys think the Bills fans would be pissed about this move?  90% of the Bills fans were hated the Dareus move but they sure love this one and for good reason, it give them hope

3 weeks ago 90% of Bills fans loved Tyrod. 

They wouldn't know a good QB if Jim Kelly in his prime walked back in the door.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017, 10:54 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-15-2017, 10:43 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 10:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Their bad because QB play and the 7th most sacks is because Taylor holds on to the ball to long

You think Andre Holmes and Thompson are good? Tyrod has held on to the ball like that the last few years and the Bills line protected him fine. Its just a really bad unit this year. Can't pass protect or run the ball.

I didnt say every player, top to bottom of that offense is good.  I do think they are good enough to do some things though and better than what they have shown.  They are 6th place in the AFC playoff race right now, and just traded for Kelvin Benjamin, they wouldn't be making a QB change mid season if Taylor was a good QB.  Like I said, the majority of the fans hated the Dareus move but they love the benching of Taylor for a 5th round rookie.  Im gonna bet the Buf. fans have seen more Taylor than me and you both and know he is not a good QB or the fan base would be livid right now.

(11-15-2017, 10:48 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 09:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Bills know a bad QB as good as anyone.

The Bills fans sure are happy he got benched for the 5th round rookie but a few of you guys want him, lol.  
A few classic Jags fans lol

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthr...he-starter

If Taylor was any good don't you guys think the Bills fans would be pissed about this move?  90% of the Bills fans were hated the Dareus move but they sure love this one and for good reason, it give them hope

3 weeks ago 90% of Bills fans loved Tyrod. 

They wouldn't know a good QB if Jim Kelly in his prime walked back in the door.
Most Bills fans were pissed they didn't draft Mahomes or Watson in the first this year. I wouldnt say thats loving Tyrod if they wanted to draft a QB in the 1st this past year lol

(11-15-2017, 10:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 10:43 PM)JackCity Wrote: You think Andre Holmes and Thompson are good? Tyrod has held on to the ball like that the last few years and the Bills line protected him fine. Its just a really bad unit this year. Can't pass protect or run the ball.

I didnt say every player, top to bottom of that offense is good.  I do think they are good enough to do some things though and better than what they have shown.  They are 6th place in the AFC playoff race right now, and just traded for Kelvin Benjamin, they wouldn't be making a QB change mid season if Taylor was a good QB.  Like I said, the majority of the fans hated the Dareus move but they love the benching of Taylor for a 5th round rookie.  Im gonna bet the Buf. fans have seen more Taylor than me and you both and know he is not a good QB or the fan base would be livid right now.

Naw you said the receiver group was pretty decent when in reality its one of the worst in the NFL.   

I get the bills fans thinking. Tyrod doesn't look like the franchise guy for them and wasn't playing well so the new rookie at very least can be developed wit playtime and could potentially be a franchise guy for them (doubtful). It just doesn't change the caliber of QB Tyrod is for me. Bad situation right now and if 2017 has shown us anything its that the nfl can be quite situation dependent. Ours would be perfect for him.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017, 11:33 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-15-2017, 11:21 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 10:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I didnt say every player, top to bottom of that offense is good.  I do think they are good enough to do some things though and better than what they have shown.  They are 6th place in the AFC playoff race right now, and just traded for Kelvin Benjamin, they wouldn't be making a QB change mid season if Taylor was a good QB.  Like I said, the majority of the fans hated the Dareus move but they love the benching of Taylor for a 5th round rookie.  Im gonna bet the Buf. fans have seen more Taylor than me and you both and know he is not a good QB or the fan base would be livid right now.

Naw you said the receiver group was pretty decent when in reality its one of the worst in the NFL.   

I get the bills fans thinking. Tyrod doesn't look like the franchise guy for them and wasn't playing well so the new rookie at very least can be developed wit playtime and could potentially be a franchise guy for them (doubtful). It just doesn't change the caliber of QB Tyrod is for me. Bad situation right now and if 2017 has shown us anything its that the nfl can be quite situation dependent. Ours would be perfect for him.
I disagree with Buf. being one of the worst WR corps in the league.  I know Kelvin only was there for one game with Taylor but now with the addition of him, Matthews, Jones is a decent group.

I do agree with the bolded though, it would be perfect for him but not for us.  Entering next year our team would be the perfect fit for any QB.  Either way though I dont see Tom and Dave going after Taylor though, we will be looking to upgrade.  Not trying to bring in a guy that got benched for a 5th round rookie mid season when they were in the 6th seed of a playoff race and not a guy that got benched for Blaine Gabbert either.

Peterman is not going to give them a better chance to win than tyrod. Taylor is the better NFL qb, I think he's an upgrade from bortles as well.

If cousins or whatever top options are gone, we could do a lot worse than tyrod.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2017, 12:07 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-15-2017, 07:47 PM)JackCity Wrote: He'd be perfect for what we're trying to do.  

One of the best QBs in the league at not turning it over. Big arm, elite running the ball and keeping plays alive. Good deep ball, good leader etc etc. 

Out of every QB we could possibly get for next year Tyrod is probably the best fit. Get him and draft a rookie.

Blake is better even on his worst year.  Not even counting when he led the league by a large margin of 20 yards or more 2 years ago.  

Watch at 4:15

Not to mention we would have to give up a pick on top of that large contract, not gonna happen

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2017, 01:51 AM by JackCity.)

(11-16-2017, 12:08 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not to mention we would have to give up a pick on top of that large contract, not gonna happen

They have an out in the contract which they'll likely use this year so he'd be a FA.

(11-15-2017, 11:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 11:21 PM)JackCity Wrote: Naw you said the receiver group was pretty decent when in reality its one of the worst in the NFL.   

I disagree with Buf. being one of the worst WR corps in the league.  I know Kelvin only was there for one game with Taylor but now with the addition of him, Matthews, Jones is a decent group.

I do agree with the bolded though, it would be perfect for him but not for us.  Entering next year our team would be the perfect fit for any QB.  Either way though I dont see Tom and Dave going after Taylor though, we will be looking to upgrade.  Not trying to bring in a guy that got benched for a 5th round rookie mid season when they were in the 6th seed of a playoff race and not a guy that got benched for Blaine Gabbert either.
We're talking about Tyrod this year though no? Name 5 WR groups that are worse than Buffalo's. (Pre Benjamin)

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2017, 01:58 AM by Upper.)

(11-16-2017, 01:47 AM)JackCity Wrote: We're talking about Tyrod this year though no? Name 5 WR groups that are worse than Buffalo's. (Pre Benjamin)

When people were arguing that the Jags receiving corps were the worst in the league other people named the Bears, Jets, Niners, and Buffalo as bottom 5 along with us.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2017, 01:58 AM by JackCity.)

(11-16-2017, 12:02 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 07:47 PM)JackCity Wrote: He'd be perfect for what we're trying to do.  

One of the best QBs in the league at not turning it over. Big arm, elite running the ball and keeping plays alive. Good deep ball, good leader etc etc. 

Out of every QB we could possibly get for next year Tyrod is probably the best fit. Get him and draft a rookie.

Blake is better even on his worst year.  Not even counting when he led the league by a large margin of 20 yards or more 2 years ago.  

Yep they haven't been able to do anything in the passing game this year. Combination of schemes, receivers, bad line and Tyrod not playing well. 

Objectively incorrect that Bortles is better at throwing even in his worst years. Tyrod was one of the best deep ball passers in 2015 and 2016. He has a really good deep ball. 

Try again...

(11-16-2017, 01:55 AM)Upper Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 01:47 AM)JackCity Wrote: We're talking about Tyrod this year though no? Name 5 WR groups that are worse than Buffalo's. (Pre Benjamin)

When people were arguing that the Jags receiving corps were the worst in the league other people named the Bears, Jets, Niners, and Buffalo as bottom 5 along with the Jags.
I'd agree with that. I'd even put the 49ers and Jets ahead of Buffalo in terms of receiving talent.

The Jaguars have been trying for two years to make Bortles into what Taylor already is.

I’ll gladly take him for $9-10M a year.

I feel like the scheme in Buffalo just does not match Tyrods ability, I have watched barely any Bills football but I feel like they try to keep him in the pocket as much as possible. They don't have a bad WRs corps btw, KB is pretty good and Zay Jones is just young but I like him.

Blake will be the QB next year with a restructured contract to make sure we can resign the guys we want next year, and we will be taking a QB in the draft. I do not see us going after any high priced free agents anymore, we are stacked in a lot of places on this team.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2017, 08:30 AM by The Real Marty.)

Tyrod Taylor is one of the best quarterbacks in the league at not turning the ball over. 

He's not an elite franchise quarterback, but he does not turn the ball over.

For that reason, I could see us going after him, not to hand him the starting role, but to play while a draftee is getting ready.  Tyrod Taylor plus spending a high draft pick on a QB is the low-cost path forward, if we decide that a high priced free agent is just too high priced.  

Of course, it depends on several things.  Like for instance, how much it costs, what his current contract is like whether we need to trade for him, etc etc.

(11-15-2017, 11:34 PM)Achilles Wrote: Peterman is not going to give them a better chance to win than tyrod. Taylor is the better NFL qb, I think he's an upgrade from bortles as well.

If cousins or whatever top options are gone, we could do a lot worse than tyrod.

Hopefully the logic inside the front office is a little more sound than this.

Just because the guy is an upgrade for Bortles, that doesn't mean we should pursue him.  I think the team should be aiming a little higher than picking the winner of the tallest midget competition.  Taylor may be marginally better at times than Bortles, but he's not a franchise guy, and that's what this team really needs to identify.  I seriously doubt they'd go out in free agency and overspend on a guy who is an upgrade to this football team on par with adding a cassette deck to a Yugo.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(11-16-2017, 10:19 AM)FBT Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 11:34 PM)Achilles Wrote: Peterman is not going to give them a better chance to win than tyrod. Taylor is the better NFL qb, I think he's an upgrade from bortles as well.

Hopefully the logic inside the front office is a little more sound than this.

Just because the guy is an upgrade for Bortles, that doesn't mean we should pursue him.  I think the team should be aiming a little higher than picking the winner of the tallest midget competition.  Taylor may be marginally better at times than Bortles, but he's not a franchise guy, and that's what this team really needs to identify.  I seriously doubt they'd go out in free agency and overspend on a guy who is an upgrade to this football team on par with adding a cassette deck to a Yugo.

Yeah, if he came cheap I could see him being signed as a contingency guy, but I doubt he's ready to settle for that in his career anyway.

This coming off-season the Jaguars will be faced with three possibilities: rookie comes in drafted high, franchise guy like Cousins signed in free agency for big money, or a stop gap guy plays next year, whether that's Bortles or some other backup level guy.

I wouldn't see the point of overpaying for a guy that isn't at least as good as cousins.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2017, 12:09 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-16-2017, 01:55 AM)JackCity Wrote: [quote='flgatorsandjags' pid='1061123' dateline='1510804929']

Yep they haven't been able to do anything in the passing game this year. Combination of schemes, receivers, bad line and Tyrod not playing well. 

Objectively incorrect that Bortles is better at throwing even in his worst years. Tyrod was one of the best deep ball passers in 2015 and 2016. He has a really good deep ball. 

Try again...

[

But he is, in Bortles worst year which was lat year he had 43 pass of 20+yards to Taylor's 33  not to mention almost 1000 more passing yards.  Talor was 27th in passing yards last year, look what Goff is doing with the same WR's.  You keep saying this year like he was good last year lol.