Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will Jags pursue Tyrod Taylor?

(11-16-2017, 11:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 1 career game over 300 yards in 3 years, can't move the football, not a pocket passer. Sounds like a great fit if Gene Smith was running the show

(11-16-2017, 11:16 PM)JackCity Wrote: It's just you said in Bortles worst year he is better at throwing the deep ball than Tyrod. Objectively false.  

Tyrod ain't a superstar. He's around average. What he does do is have a perfect skillset for us. Ideally we'd draft Mayfield,Rosen,Lamar or sign Kirk. If not I'd much rather go with Tyrod and his skillset than try force Blake into a role he isn't suited for at all.
His pocket passing statistics beg to differ. And yes that's the trade off. He's historically good at taking care of the football, he isn't a high volume guy. Do you have anymore incorrect debate topics you wish to pursue? Im rolling here 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-17-2017, 12:09 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 11:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 1 career game over 300 yards in 3 years, can't move the football, not a pocket passer. Sounds like a great fit if Gene Smith was running the show

His pocket passing statistics beg to differ. And yes that's the trade off. He's historically good at taking care of the football, he isn't a high volume guy. Do you have anymore incorrect debate topics you wish to pursue? Im rolling here 
Trust me, i know hes not a high volume guy and so does the Bills fans lol, 1 career 300 yard passing game in game in 3 years.  He's so good all the fans are happy he got benched for a 5th round rookie.  I can see him going to the Browns, would be a great fit lol.  I'm not worried though, Tom is here and he will be looking to improve the position

(11-17-2017, 12:09 AM)JackCity Wrote:

Do you think he would be a good fit in Tennessee?

(11-17-2017, 12:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 12:09 AM)JackCity Wrote: His pocket passing statistics beg to differ. And yes that's the trade off. He's historically good at taking care of the football, he isn't a high volume guy. Do you have anymore incorrect debate topics you wish to pursue? Im rolling here 
Trust me, i know hes not a high volume guy and so does the Bills fans lol, 1 career 300 yard passing game in game in 3 years.  He's so good all the fans are happy he got benched for a 5th round rookie.  I can see him going to the Browns, would be a great fit lol.  I'm not worried though, Tom is here and he will be looking to improve the position
Bills fans are failing to see the common effects that poor coaching, poor scheme and poor overall talent has on a QB.  I think they'll get a pleasant surprise when Peterman plays the chargers this year.  

I think gatorsjags has the right idea personally. Seems pretty spot on to what's going down imo

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2017, 07:12 PM by Billsfan1212.)

I put this is a diff thread, but this is prob the best place for it with a few edits for new thoughts.

Since this move happed, I've seen a few outlets say JAX would be an excellent landing sport for TT.
While there may be SOME truth to it - its due to your system. TT's biggest issue at this point is he has to find a team willing to find a team willing to build around him. It'll be the difference between making something of his career or being the guy who everyone says ' his next stop is where he figures it out'
With Marrone saying he wants to run all the time etc - I get the impression that its a fit BUT if something happens and theres an O coordinator change who has a different philosophy, he coulf find himself smack dab in the same situation he's in now.
I've seen people on this board clamoring for national props/credit. Buffalo is the same way, the national media lowers the bar and then makes a big deal when they jump over it - like its cute. The flip side is no one really pays attention, actually watches the games in context. You guys seem to be out of this now and people are paying attention to and watching JAX games... which is great. 
Listening to people call the Bills dumb for benching Taylor is kinda funny bc it stems more from a disrespect for the club than the actual situation. No one is fact checking these guys and they keep throwing out stats or more often statements that just arent true (rather just an assumption or reach based on paying minimal attention) but the funny thing is no one outside Buffalo is watching either so no one is there to call em out or even know they are wrong.
Anywho, I'm not a huge Peterman supporter. But the thing is, he's the ANTI-TYROD. His qb rating % and ints are low... but they lead the league in 3 and outs - also technically a turnover. Guys argue TT isn't playing DT or LB, but I'm sure these 3 and outs take their toll and don't help the situation. Its gotta be maddening for a OC to game plan and on game day have that plan not work only to review the all 22 and see that in fact it WOULD have worked had the qb just chucked the rock. He has won something like FOUR games when his team gets down by 4 or more points. Not this year - in his career. As a fan its SSSOO frustrating everytime you loose or have a putrid offensive performance to have the other team  (NEVER FAIL) it was easy, all we had to do was make him play QB. I dont wanna ramble on, but essentially they had to be at their wits end. After TT watched every Benjiman reception in the NFL and had a talk with coach how to use him for 50/50 balls and take chances he was target 3x (1 complete, 2 absolute turds) and then avoided him like the plague for the rest of the game. The hate last week was being down 20, and having multiple 3rd and long situations end with a 4-6 yard checkdown. Rick Dennison was asked why they were taking chances and he said he had told him to and he interprited that as check down and see if the guy can make a move for the 1st. Heck, it wasnt until Peterman came in a completed ball traveled over 10 yards!!   Thats bad. I support this move for no other reason than I support not being complacent with 'ok. Our standards have gotten low and TTs supporters always lead with the argument ' well hes the best we've had since Jim Kelly'..... uuuhhhh so? thats not saying a lot! Coach didnt say this was for a 'spark' or to 'evaluate' (surely they could have given him a couple games at the end of the year) but rather to make the team better. It sounds like at some point over the last few weeks the team decided TT was surpassed by Peterman. Hopefully now we get more than 4-6x WR targets in a game and dont have to deal with the 8 man stacked boxes. 
It is telling however than no AFCE teams seem to be clamoring for Taylor. Heck, the Jets have a 38 yr old qb and their fans seem to have seen enough from TT over the last 3 years to know better. 
Maybe at THIS moment in time Taylor would be a better game manager than Bortles - but you dont want him as your future. I wldnt wish that on anyone. IF he could deliver a ball on time as the system intended he wouldn't have had nearly as many sacks (years past he's led the league in time to throw) nor would he have to bail himself out with athletic plays.
To me it's not so much is TT good or bad, but what you want your offensive identity to be. For that, I defer to you guys as you'd k ow better than I!!

(11-17-2017, 07:09 PM)Billsfan1212 Wrote: I put this is a diff thread, but this is prob the best place for it with a few edits for new thoughts.

Since this move happed, I've seen a few outlets say JAX would be an excellent landing sport for TT.
While there may be SOME truth to it - its due to your system. TT's biggest issue at this point is he has to find a team willing to find a team willing to build around him. It'll be the difference between making something of his career or being the guy who everyone says ' his next stop is where he figures it out'
With Marrone saying he wants to run all the time etc - I get the impression that its a fit BUT if something happens and theres an O coordinator change who has a different philosophy, he coulf find himself smack dab in the same situation he's in now.
I've seen people on this board clamoring for national props/credit. Buffalo is the same way, the national media lowers the bar and then makes a big deal when they jump over it - like its cute. The flip side is no one really pays attention, actually watches the games in context. You guys seem to be out of this now and people are paying attention to and watching JAX games... which is great. 
Listening to people call the Bills dumb for benching Taylor is kinda funny bc it stems more from a disrespect for the club than the actual situation. No one is fact checking these guys and they keep throwing out stats or more often statements that just arent true (rather just an assumption or reach based on paying minimal attention) but the funny thing is no one outside Buffalo is watching either so no one is there to call em out or even know they are wrong.
Anywho, I'm not a huge Peterman supporter. But the thing is, he's the ANTI-TYROD. His qb rating % and ints are low... but they lead the league in 3 and outs - also technically a turnover. Guys argue TT isn't playing DT or LB, but I'm sure these 3 and outs take their toll and don't help the situation. Its gotta be maddening for a OC to game plan and on game day have that plan not work only to review the all 22 and see that in fact it WOULD have worked had the qb just chucked the rock. He has won something like FOUR games when his team gets down by 4 or more points. Not this year - in his career. As a fan its SSSOO frustrating everytime you loose or have a putrid offensive performance to have the other team  (NEVER FAIL) it was easy, all we had to do was make him play QB. I dont wanna ramble on, but essentially they had to be at their wits end. After TT watched every Benjiman reception in the NFL and had a talk with coach how to use him for 50/50 balls and take chances he was target 3x (1 complete, 2 absolute turds) and then avoided him like the plague for the rest of the game. The hate last week was being down 20, and having multiple 3rd and long situations end with a 4-6 yard checkdown. Rick Dennison was asked why they were taking chances and he said he had told him to and he interprited that as check down and see if the guy can make a move for the 1st. Heck, it wasnt until Peterman came in a completed ball traveled over 10 yards!!   Thats bad. I support this move for no other reason than I support not being complacent with 'ok. Our standards have gotten low and TTs supporters always lead with the argument ' well hes the best we've had since Jim Kelly'..... uuuhhhh so? thats not saying a lot! Coach didnt say this was for a 'spark' or to 'evaluate' (surely they could have given him a couple games at the end of the year) but rather to make the team better. It sounds like at some point over the last few weeks the team decided TT was surpassed by Peterman. Hopefully now we get more than 4-6x WR targets in a game and dont have to deal with the 8 man stacked boxes. 
It is telling however than no AFCE teams seem to be clamoring for Taylor. Heck, the Jets have a 38 yr old qb and their fans seem to have seen enough from TT over the last 3 years to know better. 
Maybe at THIS moment in time Taylor would be a better game manager than Bortles - but you dont want him as your future. I wldnt wish that on anyone. IF he could deliver a ball on time as the system intended he wouldn't have had nearly as many sacks (years past he's led the league in time to throw) nor would he have to bail himself out with athletic plays.
To me it's not so much is TT good or bad, but what you want your offensive identity to be. For that, I defer to you guys as you'd k ow better than I!!

You could replace Taylor with the name dareus and the respective stats and this message would read the same as all the others you made about Marcel.

The bills organization is a dumpster fire. They don't know how to maximize talent. Tyrod is going to wind up somewhere besides buffalo next season and I would bet money he finishes the top 15 of quarterbacks.

A top 15 QB is easily enough to get the jags to a Superbowl, a top 15 QB could get a lot of teams over the hump if they currently have a bottom 15 guy.

Good QB play is very rare right now. You can't just go pluck an elite guy off of a tree. You improve talent as much as you can when it makes sense.

If I was the jags I would try to get a guy like cousins, Taylor, maybe one or two other guys come available, but I still draft a QB in Rd 1 or 2, unless the jags front office really doesn't like the guys at the top, which is also possible.

My main point is that I can't wait to see the Peterman Trainwreck and for bills fans to realize how good they actually had it with tyrod.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Im pretty confident Bortles would outplay him on the same team.

Have to agree with Bills fan on this one

(11-16-2017, 11:38 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 11:18 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Tyrod would be a pretty good fit for this offense, but I think the team will go after Bradford or Keenum in FA.

Can you trust Bradford at all at this point?

Pretty sure Bradford's knees are bone on bone at this point.

Can't comment on Tyrod this year because I haven't seen him play, but in years past he's looked good to me. I'd have to defer to Billsfan1212 on this because the eye test trumps the stat sheet.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2017, 06:52 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Taylor could lead us to super bowl. Laugh all ya like. But many did on Doug as coach and tom as exec as well.

https://youtu.be/IqS8TKACWpg
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2017, 11:55 AM by Billsfan1212.)

(11-17-2017, 07:52 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 07:09 PM)Billsfan1212 Wrote: I put this is a diff thread, but this is prob the best place for it with a few edits for new thoughts.

You could replace Taylor with the name dareus and the respective stats and this message would read the same as all the others you made about Marcel.

The bills organization is a dumpster fire. They don't know how to maximize talent. Tyrod is going to wind up somewhere besides buffalo next season and I would bet money he finishes the top 15 of quarterbacks.

A top 15 QB is easily enough to get the jags to a Superbowl, a top 15 QB could get a lot of teams over the hump if they currently have a bottom 15 guy.

Good QB play is very rare right now. You can't just go pluck an elite guy off of a tree. You improve talent as much as you can when it makes sense.

If I was the jags I would try to get a guy like cousins, Taylor, maybe one or two other guys come available, but I still draft a QB in Rd 1 or 2, unless the jags front office really doesn't like the guys at the top, which is also possible.

My main point is that I can't wait to see the Peterman Trainwreck and for bills fans to realize how good they actually had it with tyrod.

Come on achillies, thats a cop out. 2 totally diff situations and thought processes involved. 1 had potential but it couldnt be coaxed out and the other has hit his ceiling and is void of that potential. I LOVED coaches reasoning.  5-4 isn' the goal. That' settling. If a team wants to build around Taylor, that's their deal. I' just glad it' no longer my team considering it. Is Peterman the answer? Who knows. He COULD be just what the Jags are looking for BUT as soon as the goal on O changes for you guys (which cld just be as soon as someone who can sling it comes along)  Taylor will be stale and you'l want more. Does bortles have a down by 6, need a td to win comeback drive to his credit? In 2 and a half yrs, tyrod has ZERO. He had PLENTY of chances. It' easy to say find out for yourself, but even after what you wrote, I still wish that on no one!!

(11-17-2017, 11:30 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Can't comment on Tyrod this year because I haven't seen him play, but in years past he's looked good to me.  I'd have to defer to Billsfan1212 on this because the eye test trumps the stat sheet.

TTylor on THIS Jags team might be successful. It' as simple as do you want to base your O scheme around masking his shortcomings? It's like old school football. It' not fun, and it's like watching paint dry. The Bills seem to have realized this and gave him a shot in the style they want to play. The only reason there is ANY success is he' athletic enough to bail himself out of mistakes he created by holding the ball too long. He is a stand up guy and ooozs class. For that reason I wish he was the guy. Personally, I've had enough of the highschool offense. At the end of the day don' you want a guy who can put the team on his shoulder and carry them to victory? TT isn' that guy

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2017, 12:43 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

At the end of the day though. While he could lead us to a super bowl. The price tag will Probaly be to high. With the resignings. So Probaly iffy on landing Taylor. Probaly will inquire about him though. And than due to money move forward without taylor
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2017, 01:55 PM by atburg.)

(11-16-2017, 12:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: Lmao, Bortles threw 625 times last year, he was 27th in deep ball accuracy and 26th in deep ball passer rating.  
In 2015 (Tyrods best year) he threw the highest % of deep passes in the league, had the 10th best accuracy, 2nd most touchdowns and had the highest rating on deep throws. 
So eh no Bortles worst year throwing deep was not better than Tyrods best.  
You can do better than this buddy.
Not sure where you get your numbers, but none of them are correct. Taylor ranked 5th in 2015 - Bortles 7th.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/45..._than_and/

2016/17 Bortles is ahead of him.

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2017, 05:19 PM by JackCity.)

(11-19-2017, 01:54 PM)atburg Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 12:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: Lmao, Bortles threw 625 times last year, he was 27th in deep ball accuracy and 26th in deep ball passer rating.  
In 2015 (Tyrods best year) he threw the highest % of deep passes in the league, had the 10th best accuracy, 2nd most touchdowns and had the highest rating on deep throws. 
So eh no Bortles worst year throwing deep was not better than Tyrods best.  
You can do better than this buddy.
Not sure where you get your numbers, but none of them are correct. Taylor ranked 5th in 2015 - Bortles 7th.

Deep passes are usually 20-25+ yards. That's where my stats come from. Tyrod threw the highest % in 2015 and was one of the best at it. 

And no 2016/2017 Bortles is not as good at throwing deep as 2015 Tyrod.

Peterman pick 6 on his 3rd throw. Rough start for the guy supposedly better than Typed. As is expected for a rookie playing a key game against the chargers.

ESPN Stats & Info‏Verified account
Nathan Peterman threw a pick-six on his third pass of the game today.

Tyrod Taylor has never thrown a pick-six in his Bills career.

--------------------------

I'll bet if you asked Marrone he would like a QB who has never thrown a pick six.

(11-19-2017, 05:18 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-19-2017, 01:54 PM)atburg Wrote: Not sure where you get your numbers, but none of them are correct. Taylor ranked 5th in 2015 - Bortles 7th.

Deep passes are usually 20-25+ yards. That's where my stats come from. Tyrod threw the highest % in 2015 and was one of the best at it. 

And no 2016/2017 Bortles is not as good at throwing deep as 2015 Tyrod.

Peterman pick 6 on his 3rd throw. Rough start for the guy supposedly better than Typed. As is expected for a rookie playing a key game against the chargers.
16/17 Bortles deep numbers are higher than TT 16/17 deep numbers.

(11-19-2017, 05:22 PM)atburg Wrote: 16/17 Bortles deep numbers are higher than TT 16/17 deep numbers.

What are your stats to prove this? Cause I provided two that showed Blake was the worst in the entire league in 16/17.