Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump lifts ban on elephant trophies

(11-19-2017, 11:35 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-19-2017, 09:48 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: In the US 25k doesn't seem like much (but it is, the vast majority of the country doesn't even make that in a year).

In Africa, 25k is like 5 million dollars. It pays for quite a bit of actual animal conservation.

Regarding the part in bold, that's not true.

I think the "vast majority" comment referred to Africa, not the US.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Seems like Trump is still weighing options before actually making a decision?

Seems he's really not the soul less Elephant hater some wish he were.

(11-20-2017, 01:34 PM)Kane Wrote: Seems like Trump is still weighing options before actually making a decision?

Does anyone ever stop to think that the President (whomever he is at the moment) doesn't actually review and approve every regulation that the federal government implements or removes?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The folks against the elephant hunts should watch this start to finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVTmt1pa7xI

His dear wife's on holidays. It's the only way to legally get her back into the country

I don't see what the problem is.

[Image: TN-53219-PP.png]

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(11-20-2017, 07:34 PM)EJackCity Wrote: His dear wife's on holidays. It's the only way to legally get her back into the country

Yeah, some cow she is... Rolleyes
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-20-2017, 01:34 PM)Kane Wrote: Seems like Trump is still weighing options before actually making a decision?

No, he made the decision before realizing anyone was watching, and now wants to appear contemplative.

You Trumpettes buy into the most ridiculous bull [BLEEP].

This was another mindless attempt to reverse an Obama-era decision.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(11-20-2017, 10:47 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

No, he made the decision before realizing anyone was watching, and now wants to appear contemplative.

Since when has Trump ever care about how you think he appears?

So you do think that the President approves every single agency decision then? That explains a lot.

(11-21-2017, 08:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 10:47 PM)rollerjag Wrote: No, he made the decision before realizing anyone was watching, and now wants to appear contemplative.

So you do think that the President approves every single agency decision then? That explains a lot.

No, I think he approves undoing anything that was done by Obama without thinking, only pondering the effect when confronted with criticism.
- Bob Marley

(11-21-2017, 02:17 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 10:47 PM)rollerjag Wrote: No, he made the decision before realizing anyone was watching, and now wants to appear contemplative.

Since when has Trump ever care about how you think he appears?

Since when have I cared about what he thinks about me?

Do you not think he strikes a certain pose for his base, and maintains it despite how he really thinks?
- Bob Marley

Is there some reason the world needs elephants?

(11-24-2017, 03:58 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 02:17 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Since when has Trump ever care about how you think he appears?

Since when have I cared about what he thinks about me?

Do you not think he strikes a certain pose for his base, and maintains it despite how he really thinks?

It was YOU that made him appear as though he’s making this decision based on how he wants you to look at him. 

What pose are you talking about? You think Republicans want elephants dead or do you think he went through all this to appear contemplative to people (Republicans) you think already eat up the BS you say he spews. He never before cared how he appeared to his opposers.

I don't know about everywhere in Africa, but most reputable elephant trophy hunting companies only allow post fertility adult bull elephant hunting. Once these bull elephants are too old to reproduce they become extremely territorial and aggressive. Basically all they do for the rest of their lives is kill "invading" young bull elephants.

So hunting that aging bull elephant will not only provide huge monetary economic and conservation relief, but it will indirectly save many more elephants from being killed and help the overall number of births grow. I know it sounds bad on it's face, but I think it is ultimately a major net positive for the entire African ecosystem from all angles.

(All of this info was gleaned from a lengthy JRE clip with a world famous hunter, I want to say Cam Hanes but could be wrong sorry, that explained the process. Unfortunately I can't find a link for that conversation so take the info however you would like.)

(11-26-2017, 10:32 PM)Upper Wrote: I don't know about everywhere in Africa, but most reputable elephant trophy hunting companies only allow post fertility adult bull elephant hunting. Once these bull elephants are too old to reproduce they become extremely territorial and aggressive. Basically all they do for the rest of their lives is kill "invading" young bull elephants.

So hunting that aging bull elephant will not only provide huge monetary economic and conservation relief, but it will indirectly save many more elephants from being killed and help the overall number of births grow. I know it sounds bad on it's face, but I think it is ultimately a major net positive for the entire African ecosystem from all angles.

(All of this info was gleaned from a lengthy JRE clip with a world famous hunter, I want to say Cam Hanes but could be wrong sorry, that explained the process. Unfortunately I can't find a link for that conversation so take the info however you would like.)

Wasn't Cam Hanes but I remember that one too. Was real interesting. Like anything on JRE though I'm sure there's a total opposite side to that and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

(11-26-2017, 10:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: Wasn't Cam Hanes but I remember that one too. Was real interesting. Like anything on JRE though I'm sure there's a total opposite side to that and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Dang ok, maybe it was the Australian guy he has on a lot. Anyway, I'm sure there are legitimate rebuttals to that too...and if the facts were laid out even handedly like that it would be wonderful. Unfortunately the story is 99.9% one sided so ultimately the true cost/benefit ratio will probably never be realized.

(11-26-2017, 10:45 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-26-2017, 10:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: Wasn't Cam Hanes but I remember that one too. Was real interesting. Like anything on JRE though I'm sure there's a total opposite side to that and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Dang ok, maybe it was the Australian guy he has on a lot. Anyway, I'm sure there are legitimate rebuttals to that too...and if the facts were laid out even handedly like that it would be wonderful. Unfortunately the story is 99.9% one sided so ultimately the true cost/benefit ratio will probably never be realized.

It was some conservation guru. Definitely knew his stuff and was right about alot. I just know I've listened to experts talk on JRE and once you research them and the topic a lil they end up being much less credible.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2017, 01:31 PM by Kane.)

I'm not a Trumpette you snivelling snowflake.

It's funny how he made no actual decision, this thread is made, then he decides to wait on making a decision and he's still evil.

You libtards won't quit. I don't get it. You got 3 more years at least... You better get on with life.

(11-24-2017, 05:55 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Is there some reason the world needs elephants?

http://www.savetheelephants.org/about-el...elephants/

That's kinda like asking do we really need bees?

I mean... most living creatures have a pretty big impact on their ecological areas.

If anything the world doesn't NEED humans.