Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
You can not make this stuff up. "Transracial"

(11-20-2017, 11:23 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 11:15 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I totally don't know if that's true or not, but it sounds like you went to the Dilly before the ER which makes complete sense. Assuming you hit the freestanding on Atlantic and the Main Campus on University? All well now I hope?

I love the Dilly, and yes, it's true. I quite enjoyed my 4 vegetable plate while being serenaded to Strangers in the Night.

Did you know mac-n-cheese was a vegetable? Theirs is baked and delicious.

There's three? I went to the year old location on San Jose, where latex allergies have apparently not yet raised awareness, then the main campus, where the 21st century has arrived...barely.

Oh what a night, you certainly know how to tempt the fates. Memorial opened up a new one in the Kohls/Wal-Mart shopping center at Atlantic and Kernan.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-20-2017, 11:23 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 11:15 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I totally don't know if that's true or not, but it sounds like you went to the Dilly before the ER which makes complete sense. Assuming you hit the freestanding on Atlantic and the Main Campus on University? All well now I hope?

Mac-n-cheese doesn't claim to be a vegetable, it only identifies with being a vegetable.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(11-20-2017, 11:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 11:23 PM)rollerjag Wrote: I love the Dilly, and yes, it's true. I quite enjoyed my 4 vegetable plate while being serenaded to Strangers in the Night.

There's three? I went to the year old location on San Jose, where latex allergies have apparently not yet raised awareness, then the main campus, where the 21st century has arrived...barely.

Oh what a night, you certainly know how to tempt the fates. Memorial opened up a new one in the Kohls/Wal-Mart shopping center at Atlantic and Kernan.

A full service ER? I initially tried a St. Vincent's Urgent care, turns out urgent is a limited designation.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(11-17-2017, 09:56 PM)TJBender Wrote: Who cares? Live and let live.

I completely agree.

With this new "transracial" phenomenon, we can officially declare racism dead.  If you can identify as a man, woman, goat, black, white, yellow, green, then the whole gender and race thing is no longer an issue, and liberals will need to find something else to leach on to for pandering purposes.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(11-20-2017, 11:10 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 10:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Glad you showed up, we were starting to worry.  Big Grin

I was in Jacksonville over the weekend for a sibling's wedding Saturday, which I instead spent in Memorial Hospital emergency rooms. Yes, there are two.

I did have a nice dinner at the Piccadilly on University Blvd. Did you know they have a lounge singer on Saturday nights, and free ice cream?

Well, Piccadilly is a classy place, so it's only right that they'd have a lounge singer on Saturdays.  You really went upscale while visiting the ville.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(11-21-2017, 12:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 11:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh what a night, you certainly know how to tempt the fates. Memorial opened up a new one in the Kohls/Wal-Mart shopping center at Atlantic and Kernan.

A full service ER? I initially tried a St. Vincent's Urgent care, turns out urgent is a limited designation.

Yes, the free standing ERs are the same as hospitals, higher service level than Urgent Care.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-21-2017, 01:39 PM)FBT Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 11:10 PM)rollerjag Wrote: I was in Jacksonville over the weekend for a sibling's wedding Saturday, which I instead spent in Memorial Hospital emergency rooms. Yes, there are two.

I did have a nice dinner at the Piccadilly on University Blvd. Did you know they have a lounge singer on Saturday nights, and free ice cream?

Well, Piccadilly is a classy place, so it's only right that they'd have a lounge singer on Saturdays.  You really went upscale while visiting the ville.

It was .3 miles per Google maps, I was starving and in no mood for fast food. Good food doesn't require pretentious things like waitresses. I'm a simple man with simple tastes.

It certainly beat the food at the wedding reception.
- Bob Marley

(11-21-2017, 03:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 12:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote: A full service ER? I initially tried a St. Vincent's Urgent care, turns out urgent is a limited designation.

Yes, the free standing ERs are the same as hospitals, higher service level than Urgent Care.

And yet, not a silicone catheter in the joint. Yeah...imagine that, with a latex allergy. It's hard to find anything with latex in our local hospital.

Anyway, add that to an emergency muffler replacement and getting rear ended by a soccer mom pulling out of Midas, my trip to the Ville was mostly forgettable.
- Bob Marley

(11-21-2017, 03:49 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 03:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, the free standing ERs are the same as hospitals, higher service level than Urgent Care.

And yet, not a silicone catheter in the joint. Yeah...imagine that, with a latex allergy. It's hard to find anything with latex in our local hospital.

Anyway, add that to an emergency  muffler replacement and getting rear ended by a soccer mom pulling out of Midas, my trip to the Ville was mostly forgettable.

At Memorial? That's odd, they should really be equipped to handle that allergy. Well, they are more of a second tier health system in this town.

(11-21-2017, 06:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 03:49 PM)rollerjag Wrote: And yet, not a silicone catheter in the joint. Yeah...imagine that, with a latex allergy. It's hard to find anything with latex in our local hospital.

Anyway, add that to an emergency  muffler replacement and getting rear ended by a soccer mom pulling out of Midas, my trip to the Ville was mostly forgettable.

At Memorial? That's odd, they should really be equipped to handle that allergy. Well, they are more of a second tier health system in this town.

I knew that going in, but the San Jose ER was 5 minutes from the hotel. It was my only complaint, they were efficient and competent otherwise at both locations, even given the ongoing ER renovations at the main campus.

You should give the Dilly a shot. With the 60ish lounge singer, a tiny attentive waitress bent by osteoporosis, a Dwight Schrute-ish manager maintaining the Piccadilly standard and a square jawed Nordic policewoman standing guard, it was like a scene from Blue Velvet. A surreal ending to a surreal day. The baked mac-n-cheese wasn't good for me, but in that situation it was truly comfort food.

I'm the first to admit, cannabis tends to gives me a tolerant attitude about certain situations.
- Bob Marley

(11-22-2017, 11:36 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 06:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: At Memorial? That's odd, they should really be equipped to handle that allergy. Well, they are more of a second tier health system in this town.

I knew that going in, but the San Jose ER was 5 minutes from the hotel. It was my only complaint, they were efficient and competent otherwise at both locations, even given the ongoing ER renovations at the main campus.

You should give the Dilly a shot. With the 60ish lounge singer, a tiny attentive waitress bent by osteoporosis, a Dwight Schrute-ish manager maintaining the Piccadilly standard and a square jawed Nordic policewoman standing guard, it was like a scene from Blue Velvet. A surreal ending to a surreal day. The baked mac-n-cheese wasn't good for me, but in that situation it was truly comfort food.

I'm the first to admit, cannabis tends to gives me a tolerant attitude about certain situations.

Ooh! They serve cannabis too??

(11-22-2017, 11:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-22-2017, 11:36 AM)rollerjag Wrote: I knew that going in, but the San Jose ER was 5 minutes from the hotel. It was my only complaint, they were efficient and competent otherwise at both locations, even given the ongoing ER renovations at the main campus.

Ooh! They serve cannabis too??
No, but had you caught me during my version of happy hour, I would've gladly shared.
- Bob Marley