Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jungle v3.1 is live

(11-22-2017, 06:34 PM)TJBender Wrote: I gotta say, this new layout really hates 21:9 monitors.

Maybe you just need to get a 16:10 monitor like the rest of us peasants.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-24-2017, 04:53 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Is there any way to increase text size

I know that manually adding in tags work, but it would be nijce to have the edit function. It would also be nice to have increase indent and decrease indent functions.

Even more to the point, the default text is too small. It should be the same size as the text we're typing in the editor, but after you hit post it comes out tiny.

...and as an ongoing issue with me, we should have a solid teal color available for text such as the teal for the '02 in my sig. 
'02

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017, 12:18 AM by homebiscuit.)

I have to go to the bathroom.

Is this the wrong thread?

I have my stars back!

(11-25-2017, 12:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have my stars back!
You’re just seeing things.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-25-2017, 12:47 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-25-2017, 12:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have my stars back!
You’re just seeing things.

Pretty stars! And I'm talking to a bunnie!

Lookin' good!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Not a huge fan. Looking at some sigs , they bleed into comments, hard to read what is going on sometimes. Not a terrible layout, but the one before this was loads better imo.

I'm getting a JavaScriptVoid when I try to rate a post using the Legacy theme; the button doesn't do anything. Is that a board issue or something else?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-26-2017, 06:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm getting a JavaScriptVoid when I try to rate a post using the Legacy theme; the button doesn't do anything. Is that a board issue or something else?

Not sure, nothing should have broken with it. I'll try to look at it soon but I am not sure how much longer the Legacy theme will be around once we get the pressing issues fixed with the Throwback theme.
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.

From what I have seen so far, everything is terrific except the size of the text.

Thanks to those that spent the time and effort with the new version.

(11-22-2017, 10:49 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Looking good! I only have one minor suggestion. Outside of a thread reply, anyway to bump the displayed text up a font size or two? I'm getting old I guess!

The first thing I noticed was the font size. I never had to zoom the page on this site before.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2017, 01:34 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(11-22-2017, 02:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I think the frame borders should be visible somehow, the floating effect of the text without any frame is kinda odd to look at.

I really like the more modern look overall.

Now that you mention it, I have an idea for making them visible. Let's add a double stripe like the ons on our uniform numbers!

I would also like a black background. Dark gray just does not look.right for us.

I also noticed the new thread icons are hearts and open folders. OK, so an open folder makes sense for new posts, but why hearts? Does that mean a lot of people love the thread? On the Colts forum, each post has a heart to select whether you like it or not. I do not see those and think, "hot thread" or whatever it means. The no-brainer pick for a fancy shape would be footballs.

Why am I still getting the ad about voting for congress all the time?

(12-03-2017, 03:17 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Why am I still getting the ad about voting for Congress all the time?

LOL I think it is a little bit too late for that. Election Day was nearly a month ago.

I don't get the same ads every time, but they are completely unrelated to football. Can we at least have ads for Jaguars gear at NFL Shop?

(12-03-2017, 03:17 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Why am I still getting the ad about voting for congress all the time?

If you are seeing the interstitial message regarding the upcoming Net Neutrality vote that is coming up, this is a non-paid message that I put in place to notify everyone about an upcoming policy change that the FCC is proposing that has a significant likelihood of affecting small web sites like ours. You can proceed to the linked page and get info about calling your congressperson to voice your opinion.
Once you click away from the popup, it will not appear on the same computer/browser for a few days (unless you clear your cookies or something).

More info is here:
https://www.battleforthenet.com/

(12-03-2017, 06:28 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 03:17 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Why am I still getting the ad about voting for Congress all the time?

LOL I think it is a little bit too late for that. Election Day was nearly a month ago.

I don't get the same ads every time, but they are completely unrelated to football. Can we at least have ads for Jaguars gear at NFL Shop?

Other than the interstitial Net Neutrality message, all the adverts that help fund the site are managed by Google's AdSense. We have configured our account to look for ideal adverts for a person and, if a good one is not available, don't show anything at all. We don't control the specific adverts that show, though I do spot check and audit the adverts that have show in the past to make sure they are not scams or dangerous.

Now I am getting NFL Shop adverts. Another one was AARP, which is fine but does not help me personally.

Is there a way to make all the text font in the "posts" larger. For some reason it is showing up really small in after the update.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 03:45 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(12-03-2017, 11:47 PM)Superuser Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 03:17 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Why am I still getting the ad about voting for congress all the time?

If you are seeing the interstitial message regarding the upcoming Net Neutrality vote that is coming up, this is a non-paid message that I put in place to notify everyone about an upcoming policy change that the FCC is proposing that has a significant likelihood of affecting small web sites like ours. You can proceed to the linked page and get info about calling your congressperson to voice your opinion.
Once you click away from the popup, it will not appear on the same computer/browser for a few days (unless you clear your cookies or something).

More info is here:

Those interstitial popups are asking us for our phone numbers so we can get political calls from our representatives? I bet most people on this forum would rather close the popups than give out secret information. If I don't recognize the name or number on my caller ID, I pick up just to hang up so the phone will stop ringing. So the FCC will never get my phone number.

(12-04-2017, 03:45 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 11:47 PM)Superuser Wrote: If you are seeing the interstitial message regarding the upcoming Net Neutrality vote that is coming up, this is a non-paid message that I put in place to notify everyone about an upcoming policy change that the FCC is proposing that has a significant likelihood of affecting small web sites like ours. You can proceed to the linked page and get info about calling your congressperson to voice your opinion.

More info is here:

Those interstitial popups are asking us for our phone numbers so we can get political calls from our representatives? I bet most people on this forum would rather close the popups than give out secret information. If I don't recognize the name or number on my caller ID, I pick up just to hang up so the phone will stop ringing. So the FCC will never get my phone number.

I do suggest you read what I wrote or read the site.

The whole goal is for citizens to call their representative to voice their opinion on the upcoming legislation.

Your phone number is not given to any politician to receive political calls; the goal is literally the exact opposite.

Also, the FCC already has your phone number. They have everyone's number. That's literally their thing.

The "Rate" button on the Legacy Jungle skin doesn't work. Apologies if this has already been brought to light.