Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jungle v3.1 is live

Just as I was getting used to the old one... you go and change it!!

Looks decent..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

nice job

When you go in to "search" and search for an old thread, the dates of the threads are gone. Can you make it were the dates are back up when searching for an old thread?

(11-22-2017, 04:55 AM)Superuser Wrote: After many hours of work, tweaking and testing, The Jungle version 3.1 is live!

Just a few of the new things:
  • updated code base; better security and less spammers?
  • new "AutoMedia" plugin; now just put your social media links into the post and the board automatically picks them up and formats them properly. No need to copy an entire Tweet; just grab the link, drop it in your post, and the rest happens!
  • oh, and a new mobile-optimized responsive user interface overhaul. Works on phones, iPads, and computers alike!
Please drop all the comments and concerns you have here and we will work to get everything fixed up!

To Do List:
  • Put a line between the post and the user's signature
  • Figure out what is going on with the stars
  • Figure out where the 'last post' button went on mobile
  • Did we lose the ability to see if there is an unread post on the main page?

I like how it came out.

Full disclosure, this was all Superuser's doing and hard work.  I knew that it was coming, but didn't realize the development got this far.  Great job Superuser!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I gotta say, this new layout really hates 21:9 monitors.

(11-22-2017, 06:34 PM)TJBender Wrote: I gotta say, this new layout really hates 21:9 monitors.

If you are on a desktop or laptop like me, go down to the bottom and change your default to "Legacy Jungle".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-22-2017, 12:21 PM)Brett Wrote: For what it's worth, I've found one thing I dislike about the new board...not sure if it can be fixed or not. There is no "line" anymore to separate someone's post from their signature. So some guys have a quote in their signature or some type of wording. So when you are reading their post it runs together and you almost think it's part of the post and it can be confusing.

If that makes sense. Not sure if you can create a line again to separate them.

You better believe that this is on my list to fix. It's quite irritating!!

(11-22-2017, 06:34 PM)TJBender Wrote: I gotta say, this new layout really hates 21:9 monitors.

How so? Whats your actual screen resolution, I'll replicate it and try to see what can be fixed.
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.

Mobile version is awesome now.

Great work.

Any way we can have something like the little arrow on the previous version that took you to the last post read in a thread?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-22-2017, 10:33 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Any way we can have something like the little arrow on the previous version that took you to the last post read in a thread?

It works on the desktop version, just not on the mobile.
"I'm gonna have to say NO to the reading of the Latin!"

Is there any way to see what threads you've commented in? The old version had a star or something where the folders/hearts are now to signal you posted in it. Without notifications, it was my way kinda figure out where someone may have replied to one of my posts.

(11-22-2017, 11:47 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: Is there any way to see what threads you've commented in? The old version had a star or something where the folders/hearts are now to signal you posted in it. Without notifications, it was my way kinda figure out where someone may have replied to one of my posts.

I remember what you are talking about! I'll look into that as well.
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.

(11-22-2017, 11:17 PM)wpbjagsfan Wrote:
(11-22-2017, 10:33 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Any way we can have something like the little arrow on the previous version that took you to the last post read in a thread?

It works on the desktop version, just not on the mobile.

I’m using it on my iPad, I don’t see where to switch between desktop and mobile.

(11-22-2017, 10:49 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Looking good! I only have one minor suggestion. Outside of a thread reply, anyway to bump the displayed text up a font size or two? I'm getting old I guess!

agree

(11-22-2017, 11:55 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-22-2017, 11:17 PM)wpbjagsfan Wrote: It works on the desktop version, just not on the mobile.

I’m using it on my iPad, I don’t see where to switch between desktop and mobile.

At the very bottom you should see a white pane or bar with a drop down menu on the right side. It will give the options of Jungle Legacy, Jungle Responsive Throwback, and Jungle Responsive Theme.

(11-23-2017, 09:49 AM)Ohomebiscuit Wrote:
(11-22-2017, 11:55 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I’m using it on my iPad, I don’t see where to switch between desktop and mobile.

At the very bottom you should see a white pane or bar with a drop down menu on the right side. It will give the options of Jungle Legacy, Jungle Responsive Throwback, and Jungle Responsive Theme.

No such option on mine. Angry

(11-23-2017, 10:08 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-23-2017, 09:49 AM)Ohomebiscuit Wrote: At the very bottom you should see a white pane or bar with a drop down menu on the right side. It will give the options of Jungle Legacy, Jungle Responsive Throwback, and Jungle Responsive Theme.

No such option on mine. Angry

I'm seeing the same thing when viewing the board on my phone.  I'll look into fixing it.

I'm sticking with the Legacy theme for now, could we get a Legacy Throwback theme that gives the black background/white text option?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-22-2017, 04:55 AM)Superuser Wrote: To Do List:
  • Put a line between the post and the user's signature
  • Figure out what is going on with the stars
  • Figure out where the 'last post' button went on mobile
  • Did we lose the ability to see if there is an unread post on the main page?

On the last item, we can see if there are no posts to read... the circle changes to a faded black.

On the first item, this is what brought me here. Add some line spaces too... like a couple line spaces, then the black line, and then maybe even another line space. Currently there's no separation. 
'02

Is there any way to increase text size