Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 12

(11-23-2017, 02:59 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: 2-1 last week, 25-9 overall.

Jaguars over Cardinals
Titans over Colts
Ravens over Texans

2-1 this week, 27-10 overall.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-22-2017, 07:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote: As we are on the eve of the Thanksgiving holiday, there are numerous football related reasons Jaguars fans should be thankful.  I am thankful Khan kept the team here.  I am thankful he hired Marrone and Coughlin and retained Caldwell.  I am thankful the team hired a very good coaching staff.  I am thinking we now have a dominant defense that can cover with the best and rush the passer.  I am thankful we pulled off the deals for Marcell Dareus, Calais Campbell, and Barry Church.  I am thankful for the impact rookies this year.  I am thankful our offensive line can run block and pass block decently.  I am thankful we have a more competent special teams.  All of this leads to where we are now...a 7-3 record and sole possession of first place after ten games.  Undoubtedly, Jaguars fans are thankful for that and the hope that goes along with it.  With this out of the way, let's get on to the picks.

tacks (6-4) at Colts (3-7)-Perhaps this is the result of no real personal stake in the result, other than message board ridicule, and we all know I've received that before.  Perhaps this is the result of a holiday wild hair or temporary insanity.  Perhaps this is nothing more than myopic wishful thinking from a Jaguars fan that doesn't want the division to come down to the final week.  But somehow, I have the feeling the Colts are going to win this one.  A few weeks back, the Colts played Tennessee tough until fading down the stretch in Nashville.  The tacks have had several tough games against presumably inferior opponents like Cleveland (12-9), Baltimore (23-20) and Cincinnati (24-20) before getting waxed by the not inferior to them Steelers 40-17.  Meanwhile, the Colts have played their last three opponents tough, losing 24-23 to Cincy, actually beating Houston 20-14, and losing to Pittsburgh 20-17 at home.  In an unusual scheduling quirk, both teams had at least ten days to prepare for this game, with the tacks playing last Thursday and the Colts having the bye last week.  In an upset special, the Colts beat the tacks 21-20.

Jaguars (7-3) at Cardinals (4-6)  This is a game that looks winnable for the Jaguars at face value.  The Cards are down to their 3rd string QB, former Jaguars bust Blaine Gabbert.  They are down their starting LT, though they are not in bad shape, as Jared Veldheer moves back to LT.  They have not been able to get the running game going, as they rank 31st on the ground, while the Jaguars' run defense has improved since Dareus' arrival, and outside of future HOF WR Larry Fitzgerald, have problems at WR, which is a bad combination against a team that can rush the passer and cover the way the Jaguars have.  Defensively, they are second tier (10th) vs the run and despite having a talented secondary featuring Patrick Peterson, Honey Badger and Budda Baker, rank 22nd against the pass.  The Jaguars with the injuries will have it a little tougher on this side of the ball, but should have some success.  Though Cards fans seem to have turned on Arians, I have a great deal of respect for him.  In a tougher game than the score seems, the Jaguars win 24-7.

Texans (4-6) at Ravens (5-5)-The Ravens have recorded three shutouts defensively, including two of the last three weeks.  Might they get another against a Texans team depleted along the OL and injured beyond recognition?  Maybe, maybe not, but they get the win at home in prime time.  Ravens 23-Texans 10.

Last week:  2-1
Overall:   20-14

Please have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving weekend.

1-2 this week
21-16 overall

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-23-2017, 09:57 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: My picks this week.

Titans - Though I have the same feeling that Bullseye has regarding a Colts upset, I just can't bring myself to pick them against anybody.
Jaguars
Ravens

Last Week 2-1
Overall 24-10

2-1 This week
26-11 Overall

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-23-2017, 01:40 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 3-0 last week
26-8 overall

Titans over Colts
Jaguars over Cardinals
Ravens over Texans

2-1 this week
28-9 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

1-2 this week 21-8 overall.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-25-2017, 12:23 PM)MariGOATa Wrote: Titans
Cardinals
Ravens

Damn Im good

(11-24-2017, 05:09 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(11-22-2017, 07:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote: As we are on the eve of the Thanksgiving holiday, there are numerous football related reasons Jaguars fans should be thankful.  I am thankful Khan kept the team here.  I am thankful he hired Marrone and Coughlin and retained Caldwell.  I am thankful the team hired a very good coaching staff.  I am thinking we now have a dominant defense that can cover with the best and rush the passer.  I am thankful we pulled off the deals for Marcell Dareus, Calais Campbell, and Barry Church.  I am thankful for the impact rookies this year.  I am thankful our offensive line can run block and pass block decently.  I am thankful we have a more competent special teams.  All of this leads to where we are now...a 7-3 record and sole possession of first place after ten games.  Undoubtedly, Jaguars fans are thankful for that and the hope that goes along with it.  With this out of the way, let's get on to the picks.

tacks (6-4) at Colts (3-7)-Perhaps this is the result of no real personal stake in the result, other than message board ridicule, and we all know I've received that before.  Perhaps this is the result of a holiday wild hair or temporary insanity.  Perhaps this is nothing more than myopic wishful thinking from a Jaguars fan that doesn't want the division to come down to the final week.  But somehow, I have the feeling the Colts are going to win this one.  A few weeks back, the Colts played Tennessee tough until fading down the stretch in Nashville.  The tacks have had several tough games against presumably inferior opponents like Cleveland (12-9), Baltimore (23-20) and Cincinnati (24-20) before getting waxed by the not inferior to them Steelers 40-17.  Meanwhile, the Colts have played their last three opponents tough, losing 24-23 to Cincy, actually beating Houston 20-14, and losing to Pittsburgh 20-17 at home.  In an unusual scheduling quirk, both teams had at least ten days to prepare for this game, with the tacks playing last Thursday and the Colts having the bye last week.  In an upset special, the Colts beat the tacks 21-20.

Jaguars (7-3) at Cardinals (4-6)  This is a game that looks winnable for the Jaguars at face value.  The Cards are down to their 3rd string QB, former Jaguars bust Blaine Gabbert.  They are down their starting LT, though they are not in bad shape, as Jared Veldheer moves back to LT.  They have not been able to get the running game going, as they rank 31st on the ground, while the Jaguars' run defense has improved since Dareus' arrival, and outside of future HOF WR Larry Fitzgerald, have problems at WR, which is a bad combination against a team that can rush the passer and cover the way the Jaguars have.  Defensively, they are second tier (10th) vs the run and despite having a talented secondary featuring Patrick Peterson, Honey Badger and Budda Baker, rank 22nd against the pass.  The Jaguars with the injuries will have it a little tougher on this side of the ball, but should have some success.  Though Cards fans seem to have turned on Arians, I have a great deal of respect for him.  In a tougher game than the score seems, the Jaguars win 24-7.

Texans (4-6) at Ravens (5-5)-The Ravens have recorded three shutouts defensively, including two of the last three weeks.  Might they get another against a Texans team depleted along the OL and injured beyond recognition?  Maybe, maybe not, but they get the win at home in prime time.  Ravens 23-Texans 10.

Last week:  2-1
Overall:   20-14

Please have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving weekend.

Ravens Jags Tacks
15-1 prior
I think the Colt game will be close, but tacks are better.
2-1 in the worst way possible
17-2 overall.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

2-1 this week

23-14 overall