Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Matt Lauer canned for inappropriate sexual behavior

What this is really about is the sagging ratings, the media companies bleeding money, and the sudden realization that they can get out of the bloated contracts they are paying these bozos. Any moron can read a teleprompter, why are we paying talking heads that nobody watches $40 mil a year? Oh yeah, it's a guaranteed contract...unless they are fired for sexual harassment, which every one of them is guilty of 1000 times over, so it's never hard to find an accuser.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-29-2017, 09:30 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: What this is really about is the sagging ratings, the media companies bleeding money, and the sudden realization that they can get out of the bloated contracts they are paying these bozos.  Any moron can read a teleprompter, why are we paying talking heads that nobody watches $40 mil a year?  Oh yeah, it's a guaranteed contract...unless they are fired for sexual harassment, which every one of them is guilty of 1000 times over, so it's never hard to find an accuser.

...which is what I said half a page ago. NBC has been trying to find a way out of Lauer's contract for a couple of years now. This witch hunt gives them the perfect opportunity to tie him to a stake, and since the burden of proof for termination with cause is apparently "allegations" (unless you're Al Franken, in which case photograph evidence isn't enough), it's an opportunity for companies all over the playing field to offload that exec or two they wish they'd never hired without consequence.

(11-29-2017, 05:52 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: It's creepy that he had a special button under his desk that closed and locked the door behind people as they entered.

I wonder how he pushed the button???
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-30-2017, 01:17 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-29-2017, 05:52 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: It's creepy that he had a special button under his desk that closed and locked the door behind people as they entered.

Giggity giggity giggity!

It's easy to think you know someone just because they're on TV but I was surprised he had so much in common with our Groper in Chief.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-30-2017, 01:17 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

Most likely it made a fapping sound.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2017, 10:58 AM by Byron LeftTown.)

(12-01-2017, 11:41 PM)hb1148 Wrote: It's easy to think you know someone just because they're on TV but I was surprised he had so much in common with our Groper in Chief.

No, it's insane to think you know someone just because they're on TV. 

[Image: KvkcwE]

And what's that guy doing with the vacuum cleaner?  Maybe Roker's pants are crotchless?  I think I've seen enough.

(12-02-2017, 10:57 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 11:41 PM)hb1148 Wrote: It's easy to think you know someone just because they're on TV but I was surprised he had so much in common with our Groper in Chief.

No, it's insane to think you know someone just because they're on TV. 

[Image: KvkcwE]

And what's that guy doing with the vacuum cleaner?  Maybe Roker's pants are crotchless?  I think I've seen enough.

[Image: Photoshooped.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato