Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How High Has the Bar Been Raised?

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 01:37 PM by Takedakai.)

(12-10-2017, 09:36 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Classic ending. Gotta say I loved the Jags fans for standing up to him and giving him flak. It was hilarious. Like watching a WWE wrestler jawing with fans. We had to rewind it and watch it a few times at the house, laughing the whole time. Perfect ending to the game. We are the new defensive bullies.

(12-12-2017, 11:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 11:37 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Bortles has improved a great deal.  I think his improvement is directly related to the development of Cole and Westbrook getting more PT.

I think this passing game will be more formidable once Hurns returns.  We have Lee running the crossing patterns/drag routes across the field on 3rd downs.  We have the downfield guys in Cole and Westbrook. We need another short to intermediate guy with the savvy to get open in zones and move the chains.

That's Hurns.
Excellent point.  Even with the rookies in, it would make for a well-rounded corps.

Completely agree with this.

To elaborate on the point a little bit, one of the biggest differences I've seen for Bortles this last two weeks are that receivers are catching balls. His accuracy does look like it has improved but I feel like he is getting a bit more help.

The only bad drop I remember seeing yesterday was Lewis on that drag route where it looked like his finger got bent backwards, man did that look like it hurt.

It feels like in weeks past our receivers were dropping 3-4 catchable balls per game that were real drive killers. I don't think the official stats reflect the amount of dropped passes that I feel I've seen this year and am curious how the stat "drop" is actually qualified.

Back on Main topic:

I thought 8-8 was going to feel successful before the preseason.
After the preseason I thought 6-10 would be a reach.
At this moment I feel that anything less than 11-5 would be a big disappointment. Wow does that feel crazy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-12-2017, 01:33 PM)Takedakai Wrote:
(12-10-2017, 09:36 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Classic ending. Gotta say I loved the Jags fans for standing up to him and giving him flak. It was hilarious. Like watching a WWE wrestler jawing with fans. We had to rewind it and watch it a few times at the house, laughing the whole time. Perfect ending to the game. We are the new defensive bullies.

(12-12-2017, 11:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Excellent point.  Even with the rookies in, it would make for a well-rounded corps.

Completely agree with this.

To elaborate on the point a little bit, one of the biggest differences I've seen for Bortles this last two weeks are that receivers are catching balls. His accuracy does look like it has improved but I feel like he is getting a bit more help.

The only bad drop I remember seeing yesterday was Lewis on that drag route where it looked like his finger got bent backwards, man did that look like it hurt.

It feels like in weeks past our receivers were dropping 3-4 catchable balls per game that were real drive killers. I don't think the official stats reflect the amount of dropped passes that I feel I've seen this year and am curious how the stat "drop" is actually qualified.

Back on Main topic:

At this moment I feel that anything less than 11-5 would be a big disappointment. Wow does that feel crazy.

I don't know about that...watching Bortles against the Seahawks and he did have some throws that were right on the dime..more so than past weeks.

(12-12-2017, 01:51 PM)Brett Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 01:33 PM)Takedakai Wrote: Completely agree with this.

Back on Main topic:

I don't know about that...watching Bortles against the Seahawks and he did have some throws that were right on the dime..more so than past weeks.

Again, Bortles does look more accurate. I'm also still speaking mostly from feeling but in weeks past I feel Lee drops one of those crossing routes where he had to jump, bats it into the air for a pick and the whole narrative is different. I guess I'm just liking seeing improvement all around and giving a little credit to the WRs for stepping it up a bit too.

(12-12-2017, 01:55 PM)Takedakai Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 01:51 PM)Brett Wrote: I don't know about that...watching Bortles against the Seahawks and he did have some throws that were right on the dime..more so than past weeks.

Again, Bortles does look more accurate.  I'm also still speaking mostly from feeling but in weeks past I feel Lee drops one of those crossing routes where he had to jump, bats it into the air for a pick and the whole narrative is different.  I guess I'm just liking seeing improvement all around and giving a little credit to the WRs for stepping it up a bit too.
Cole: Undrafted Rookie
Westbrook: Has played in 5 games?

These guys are getting more comfortable with the playbook, Bortles and what it takes to be an NFL WR. I think Westbrook is the key here. He has added so much to this offense. Clutch catches down the sideline, great hands and it appears Bortles trusts him. He may be his most trusted WR in just a short amount of time. The Jags seem to be peaking at just the right time.

Championship or this season is a bust!
Huh

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 04:12 PM by D6.)

I think the Jaguars have reached the point that any Jaguars fan that has hope for a Super Bowl Championship this season isn't pipe dreaming. Beating Seattle in December is a heck of an accomplishment. The Jaguars have an elite Defense, high caliber running game, and noticeably improved QB play. The Jaguars have a much more reliable kicking game than was the case before the kicking change was made.

With the Steelers losing Ryan Shazier for the season , the Patriots currently dealing with multiple injuries to starters on Defense, and the Eagles losing Carson Wentz for the season. the Jaguars now belong in the conversation of which teams have a realistic shot at winning the Super Bowl this season. Getting a first round bye would be a huge step in increasing the Jaguars chances. The Patriots and Steelers are probably still the teams to beat in the AFC, especially when factoring in playoff experience. But right now, it wouldn't surprise me if the Jaguars go deep in the playoffs.

I worry about the Patriots, because Brady gets rid of the ball so quickly and is, (with the notable exception of last night) accurate. But the Steelers don't scare me. The Chiefs don't scare me. Ravens? Nah.

I actually see comparisons between us and Baltimore's last Super Bowl champion. They were an underdog that snuck in and won. And they pretty much have the same make up we do. Great defense and running game, average QB.
All we need is Bortles to play at the level of his last two games. If that happens, and we can win this thing. I believe that with every ounce of marrow in my bones.

Before this season started, 8-8 would be awesome! Now? Superbowl baby :-D

(12-12-2017, 06:00 PM)waveZ666 Wrote: Before this season started, 8-8 would be awesome! Now? Superbowl baby :-D

I'm still ok if we lose in the first round of the playoffs or if we win only one game in the playoffs. Of course I want more as a fan, I'm just saying I would be happy with the turnaround of this team if we just at least make the playoffs.

Don't tell JDub that though, she'll accuse me of not being a fan.

(12-12-2017, 07:31 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/hazardoflove/status/...4424805377

Lol that's awesome, thanks for posting.