Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Tom Savage: DeAndre Hopkins is 'best receiver' in NFL

Tom Savage: DeAndre Hopkins is 'best receiver' in NFL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ver-in-nfl

Houston Texans receiver DeAndre Hopkins' production this season has not waned despite losing starting quarterback Deshaun Watson to a season-ending injury.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

With all due respect to DeAndre Hopkins, Antonio Brown and Julio Jones are probably the top 2 WRs in the NFL. The sideline catch Brown made against the Packers last Sunday Night that led to the Game Winning FG, was the WR equivalent to the throw Aaron Rodgers made in the playoff game at Dallas that set up the Packers game winning FG in their playoff game last season.

Hopkins is the king of pushing off. Amazes me that he doesn't get OPI called on him more. But if they're not gonna call it, then I guess he should keep doing it.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Hop is def top 5 - dunno about the best.

(12-01-2017, 02:22 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Hopkins is the king of pushing off.  Amazes me that he doesn't get OPI called on him more.  But if they're not gonna call it, then I guess he should keep doing it.

Yes!

No way they don't see it, either.

Anotnio Brown is the best WR.

(12-01-2017, 03:18 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 02:22 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Hopkins is the king of pushing off.  Amazes me that he doesn't get OPI called on him more.  But if they're not gonna call it, then I guess he should keep doing it.

Yes!

No way they don't see it, either.

Anotnio Brown is the best WR.

The push offs are so blatant...it's infuriating.  Agree on Antonio Brown.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

I think you could argue any of the three named already. Hopkins, Julio, brown, they're all deadly.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Hopkins leads all wide receivers in drawing defensive penalties. According to a Football Outsiders graphic on ESPN’s NFL Insiders show, Hopkins has now drawn 10 pass interference penalties totaling 149 yards, which is also the highest in the league.

Odell Beckham and Julio Jones are the most physically talented, Antonio Brown and Larry Fitz are the best route runners. Hopkins fits somewhere behind these guys.

(12-01-2017, 07:03 PM)Inziladun Wrote: Odell Beckham and Julio Jones are the most physically talented, Antonio Brown and Larry Fitz are the best route runners. Hopkins fits somewhere behind these guys.
Odell shouldn't even be in the conversation.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2017, 02:22 AM by realtorpat.)

I think its hard to argue Julio at this point.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine