Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles is driving me nuts.

(01-08-2018, 07:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 07:42 PM)Upper Wrote: If the wind truly was a factor in sunny, mid 50s Jacksonville what in the world should we expect going to Pittsburgh and then New England?

The wind really was howling through parts of that stadium Sunday.  I'm sure it had some effect on the field.  Especially on the wobblers.  The gusts were in the 25-30 mph range.

Now cut the temperature in at least half and add a stadium that is renown for it's howling and swirling winds...I can't see the issue as being anything but exacerbated come Sunday.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-08-2018, 07:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 07:42 PM)Upper Wrote: If the wind truly was a factor in sunny, mid 50s Jacksonville what in the world should we expect going to Pittsburgh and then New England?

The wind really was howling through parts of that stadium Sunday.  I'm sure it had some effect on the field.  Especially on the wobblers.  The gusts were in the 25-30 mph range.

How many missed FGs were there? And how far did they need to travel through those swirling winds?

All things being equal, how did not affect FGs, kickoffs, or punts, yet affected 4 yard screen passes?

I don't know.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(01-08-2018, 07:55 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 07:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The wind really was howling through parts of that stadium Sunday.  I'm sure it had some effect on the field.  Especially on the wobblers.  The gusts were in the 25-30 mph range.

How many missed FGs were there? And how far did they need to travel through those swirling winds?

All things being equal, how did not affect FGs, kickoffs, or punts, yet affected 4 yard screen passes?

I don't know.

You'll not catch me defending short passes being moved by wind, but I do know that I witnessed my 1/3 full can of beer being blown right off of a table in the SPA8 section of the cabanas.  LOL

(Lambo's FG just before halftime did move very noticeably left to right actually.)

(01-08-2018, 08:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 07:55 PM)Dakota Wrote: How many missed FGs were there? And how far did they need to travel through those swirling winds?

I don't know.

You'll not catch me defending short passes being moved by wind, but I do know that I witnessed my 1/3 full can of beer being blown right off of a table in the SPA8 section of the cabanas.  LOL
That's alcohol abuse! Tongue
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(01-08-2018, 08:30 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 08:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You'll not catch me defending short passes being moved by wind, but I do know that I witnessed my 1/3 full can of beer being blown right off of a table in the SPA8 section of the cabanas.  LOL
That's alcohol abuse! Tongue

I was ashamed to admit it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-08-2018, 08:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 08:30 PM)Dakota Wrote: That's alcohol abuse! Tongue

I was ashamed to admit it.

As well you should be. Cool

Reviving this thread for a pretty good read on Blake's roller-coaster-2017 season.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/1/11/...-breakdown

Quote:At his worst, Bortles is a game-wrecking presence for his own team, a turnover machine that, throughout his career, has all too often nullified the best efforts of the run game and defense with untimely picks or fumbles. Because of this, no matter how well he plays, Bortles will probably always be a punchline, and that’s something he seems to have already accepted.

Quote:But at his best — when he’s playing like he did a few times this year — he makes Jacksonville look like an AFC buzzsaw. And if Bortles can take care of the ball, hit on a few deep shots, and play confidently and efficiently on the big stage — he’ll be the one who’s laughing. At least this week.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 08:52 PM by jagherd.)

^ Good stuff right there.

It's spot on too.
Hopefully we see an "AFC Buzzsaw" Jax this weekend.

**side note - one of my good friends is a Steelers fan through and through. He'll be there in the endzone section watching in person (as he is for many games).
I hope the Jags give him a cold, miserable experience, lol!