Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles is driving me nuts.

(12-12-2017, 02:01 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 11:03 AM)Monty Wrote: Is Upper TMD?

Actually, I get the KYJaggy feel from him honestly.

Good call.

"...comes armed with a compliment of advanced stats." LOL

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-12-2017, 02:07 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 02:01 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Actually, I get the KYJaggy feel from him honestly.

Most everything he says sounds just like KYJaggy preaching the word of "Spider Charts" like they're gospel, or something. As well as just a bunch of recycled stuff that hes found from other people on twitter.

It is KYJelly. I know from the jags reddit.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

I've gotten those vibes from all of "Upper's" posts, from the very start.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...o-the-jags

Bortles sounding confident!
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(12-12-2017, 02:17 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 02:07 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: It is KYJelly. I know from the jags reddit.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

I've gotten those vibes from all of "Upper's" posts, from the very start.

The king of "ANY/A"
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I do love that Deion of all people is constantly coming to the defense of Blake. Any show he's on when they go with the whole "despite their QB issues" or "if he can just manage to be mistake free" Deion is always jumping in saying to stop talking bad about Bortles and that he's been one of the main reasons we're winning.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Bortles is throwing picks at a rate lower than players like Eli Manning, Kirk Cousins, Dak Prescott, Andy Dalton, Russell Wilson, Derek Carr, Jameis Winston, Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer, Matt Ryan, Jimmy Garoppolo, Joe Flacco, Cam Newton, Jay Cutler, Marcus Mariota, and Deshaun Watson.

He has improved every year in the league. He's close behind many of the big names in career interception rate.

(12-12-2017, 11:24 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I do love that Deion of all people is constantly coming to the defense of Blake. Any show he's on when they go with the whole "despite their QB issues" or "if he can just manage to be mistake free" Deion is always jumping in saying to stop talking bad about Bortles and that he's been one of the main reasons we're winning.

Actually - Deion was critical of Blake early on this season and has changed his tune since then.  Lately - he has indeed made several comments in defense of our QB since he got on a bit of a hot streak.

(12-12-2017, 12:38 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 03:37 PM)Kane Wrote: Nah, I never said that. I'm all about upgrading. Not anything that would be a lateral movement or temporary upgrade.

I'd compare him to ANY "franchise" QB. If that's what he is. Can he elevate the play of others around him. Can he make up for deficiencies in the team?
Franchise guys bring your TEAM to another level.
Brees does it.
Brady does it.
ARod, Manning....
Bortles is a starting QB in the league no doubt. But we should now raise the bar. We should WANT greatness.

Ehhh no, their OL is always banged up and injured. My boss is a die hard GB fan... I hear about it all the time. Arod makes him money being a mobile QB that can throw on the run, he's made a career of it and it isn't on designed runs. Also GB (outside of like 1 or 2 seasons) has had pretty terrible defenses too.
You said it's been subpar his whole career. When it's mostly been very good his whole career. For instance 2014/2015/2016 it was elite. 2013 not great. 2012 not great , 2011 elite, 2010 elite etc etc
Offensive line play has been one of the hallmarks of Mike McCarthy at Green bay.

Wow... what an idiot my boss is. He has no clue his team has had an elite offensive line most of Rodgers career lol 2016 Ranks: Neg. Runs – 15th / YPC – 8th / Sacks – 13th / QB Hits – 7th , elite?
ELITE?
Even though they were ranked like middle of the road in rushing and sacks allowed most of the years you listed. And Rodgers makes them look better in passing numbers due to his ability to avoid the rush and move and make plays down field, much like Wilson does with his fairly awful OL this year.

But whatever... we're really arguing semantics when the point is. The best QBs make those around them better. Manning made Collie and Garcon star WRs. Rodgers disguised the lack of protection and the lack of run game for a lot of his career. Wilson covers up his OL problems and makes up for his defense being battered and beaten right now (Remember, they almost came back in spite of 3 INTs)
I'm not even saying Bortles should = Brady, I mean... that's a tall order for any QB. But he should be OUR Brady... OUR Manning... Not some guy you kinda think has it clicking only to let you down after getting that big pay day. And leaves you scrambling after 2 solid seasons sandwiched between trash.

Like I've said over and over, I'm glad Bortles is becoming better like many of us had hoped he would, especially those of us that were arguing with many of you in years prior saying "give him time".
I don't hold much about the first couple seasons against Bortles. I expected him to play better this season and it took him awhile to start coming around.
But the truth is... we still don't know if Bortles has the stuff to bring this team back from certain defeat. And don't tell me many QBs can't do that. We see it all the time in the NFL. Perhaps he continues to get better and better. 
Perhaps it's all moot when the season is all said and done and he lights it up in the playoffs with a comeback victory on the way to the yadda yadda...
Maybe...
But I'm not gonna feel bad about being hesitant in crowning Bortles as quickly as everyone else.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2017, 07:28 AM by JackCity.)

(12-13-2017, 12:41 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 12:38 AM)JackCity Wrote: You said it's been subpar his whole career. When it's mostly been very good his whole career. For instance 2014/2015/2016 it was elite. 2013 not great. 2012 not great , 2011 elite, 2010 elite etc etc
Offensive line play has been one of the hallmarks of Mike McCarthy at Green bay.

Wow... what an idiot my boss is. He has no clue his team has had an elite offensive line most of Rodgers career lol 2016 Ranks: Neg. Runs – 15th / YPC – 8th / Sacks – 13th / QB Hits – 7th , elite?
ELITE?
Even though they were ranked like middle of the road in rushing and sacks allowed most of the years you listed. And Rodgers makes them look better in passing numbers due to his ability to avoid the rush and move and make plays down field, much like Wilson does with his fairly awful OL this year.

Yes elite. Last year David B and Bulaga were the best tackle tandem in football. T.J Lang was a pro bowler. Widely regarded as one of the best lines in football last year. You'd have a hard time finding people who didn't have them in the top 5 Olines , let alone top 10. Those stats are nice but I'm not sure you know what you're talking about, or your boss for that matter. Probably the best pass blocking line in the league in 2016.

You are aware that offensive line play is Mike McCarthys speciality right? He's known around the league as a head coach who almost always has strong line play and is very good at developing linemen.

And no if you listen to offensive linemen talk about blocking for Rodgers they will tell you he's really hard to block for. His constant resetting in the pocket while he holds onto the ball makes it harder for linemen to sustain blocks and adjust to the defenders. He holds on to the ball longer than any QB in the league bar Tyrod Taylor. On the flip side he can save linemen at times by avoiding the rush.

Let's keep this thread going. Cus #5 keeps getting better and better

(12-17-2017, 05:22 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Let's keep this thread going. Cus #5 keeps getting better and better

Yes he does. Idk if this is just what Blake would normally look like when he's confident and comfortable or if he's making serious strides under marrone and Hackett, but I like what I'm seeing.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2017, 07:37 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Where is the paper to sign his extension? He deserves it.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Gotta give credit where credit is due. Bortles has been playing some great ball this last month and has steadily been improving.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

5 is out there doing work 3 straight weeks now

props

Don’t tell Spacecoast guys.

ok, he good

(12-17-2017, 08:46 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Don’t tell Spacecoast guys.

Wonder what Upper's excuse will be? Houston isn't good so destroying them doesn't count.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Bortles playing the best football of his career at the most crucial part of the year is truly beautiful to watch. He's doing literally everything better as QB.

(12-18-2017, 06:31 AM)JackCity Wrote: Bortles playing the best football of his career at the most crucial part of the year is truly beautiful to watch. He's doing literally everything better as QB.

that really is the key, he's getting hot when it matters the most.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(12-18-2017, 06:31 AM)JackCity Wrote: Bortles playing the best football of his career at the most crucial part of the year is truly beautiful to watch. He's doing literally everything better as QB.

He's had games where he's looked good although I don't remember him throwing this accurately, this consistently. And to string together games like this in a row...if he can maintain it going forward, he's the franchise QB everyone has been waiting for. Some players just take a little longer to turn the corner.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.