Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles is driving me nuts.

(12-03-2017, 08:10 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Bortles also missing both his starting receivers.

This is true as well.  But Lee and Fournette and Lewis are not undrafted or late rounders.   However, loving see Cole get a TD.  Wasn't he a walk on?   That is outstanding.  And West Brook is getting better as well.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He had a very good game today. Receivers played well too. It's good to see him ball out.

Should it change what you already thought about Blake going into the week? Nah, not really.

This is probably a poor defensive team to judge Bortles play. Lets see what he does against Seahawks before I even remotely think of him being a Jaguar next year.

I see a still young quarterback slowing developing.

To me the running game hasn't looked as well as the stats say this season. They get stuffed at or behind the line a lot more then they should. You always hear the defense/run game is the heart of our team, but lately it's been defense then Bortles.

(12-03-2017, 08:57 PM)Jags239 Wrote: To me the running game hasn't looked as well as the stats say this season. They get stuffed at or behind the line a lot more then they should. You always hear the defense/run game is the heart of our team, but lately it's been defense then Bortles.

The running game has only started struggling when we had the two oline injuries. Was the best run game in the league over the first 6/7 weeks.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2017, 09:03 PM by homebiscuit.)

(12-03-2017, 07:42 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: He continual places the ball where our receivers are teed up for big hits. Has he hit a receiver in stride to maximize TAC? Other than I wish we could play the Colts secondary every week Bottles is what he is. He is durable as heck that is for sure. He did make some throws that hopefully indicate additional progress.

Had Dede Westbrook hauled in the pass that hit him in the hands he would have gotten plenty of YAC.

(12-03-2017, 09:01 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 08:57 PM)Jags239 Wrote: To me the running game hasn't looked as well as the stats say this season. They get stuffed at or behind the line a lot more then they should. You always hear the defense/run game is the heart of our team, but lately it's been defense then Bortles.

The running game has only started struggling when we had the two oline injuries. Was the best run game in the league over the first 6/7 weeks.

Plus the fact that Fournette can't even walk to the sidelines without being covered. Other teams are game planning big time against our run.

(12-03-2017, 08:00 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: One thing I noticed about BB5 that is different from most the other young QBs in the league, is the fact he does not wear a play armband. He is smart enough to know what the play is when its called he doesn't have to look down at his arm to relay the play or know what it was called. it shows he is pretty bright and i think he knows what he does bad and has a very good job at fixing it. Some fans think he should never throw an interception every in his entire career to be good and that just inst realistic.His numbers would be alot better if he had A. Rob and A. Hurns in the games.

I can't believe anybody would judge a QB this way. Wearing plays on the left arm can help QBs call more than one play in the huddle, run a two-minute drill, or avoid miscommunication in very loud stadiums. Sometimes a QB wants to call a play he did not hear in his headset. The arm band can help him do that. And it is not just for young QBs. Older veterans also wear a play list, including Alex Smith and Drew Brees.

Every what?

Blake Bortles will get a contract and many fan's heads will explode.  Book it.

Is he a Superstar?  No.  Is he going to win you games?  Probably not.  However, like it or not he is a serviceable QB and the team would be fools to let him walk in free agency.  I don't see him going anywhere and I don't see the "splash" free agent signing in the off-season that many want.

Let Bortles go in free agency and see how quick teams will snap him up.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(12-03-2017, 09:01 PM)JackCity Wrote:

Today we got our regular OL back. Cam Robinson is still not 100% healthy, but having all five starters again should have helped us more than it did.

(12-03-2017, 08:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bortles is a confidence player.

He was confident today in every throw he made. It also helped that he was playing against a TERRIBLE pass defense.

Yup but good that he could light up a poor secondary.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(12-03-2017, 09:16 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Blake Bortles will get a contract and many fan's heads will explode.  Book it.

Is he a Superstar?  No.  Is he going to win you games?  Probably not.  However, like it or not he is a serviceable QB and the team would be fools to let him walk in free agency.  I don't see him going anywhere and I don't see the "splash" free agent signing in the off-season that many want.

Blake Bortles is essentially under contract for two more years, the way I see it. We can't let him walk without first paying him $18 million, right?

His passes were no more accurate today than on almost any previous game this season. Receivers just didn't drop them today. I'm telling the haters, go back and watch last week's loss, or the games preceding that. His throws are 25-50% more accurate and at least catchable compared to any previous season. He's delivering the 50/50s we need, toward targets who cannot get the same separation that Robinson could. But what's crazy is when he had both Robinson and Hurns healthy in his career best throwing year 2 years ago, he couldn't throw as well as he can now. Just imagine what we would be seeing with Robinson functional.

And I have love for our receivers. I'm not picking on anybody in particular for drops. I still think we've got great players with potential. It's an exciting time to be a Jags fan.

That is an awful secondary he just played. I think he did play really well for what it's worth, but I want to see that consistently though, the good ones do it more often than not.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2017, 11:42 PM by CTEisREAL.)

Bortles against the Seattle D should be interesting viewing considering what they are doing to Wentz now..
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(12-03-2017, 11:42 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Bortles against the Seattle D should be interesting viewing considering what they are doing to Wentz now..

Crazy how they lose Sherman and Chancellor with Thomas is playing at far less than 100% and they just keep ticking. Would be quite an accomplishment if Blake looks anything like today against them.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2017, 11:58 PM by jaglyn.)

Bortles is at his best whenever we get a jump on a team early and we just build on a lead or sit on it. When we are in catch up mode or scoring back and forth he will screw up and make mistakes

Anyone else think that with ARob being gone, it allowed Bortles to learn spread the ball around? When Arob was out there Bortles was always staring him down and forcing it to him

(12-03-2017, 09:16 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Blake Bortles will get a contract and many fan's heads will explode.  Book it.

Agreed. He's playing well enough to earn himself a spot on this roster next year. I would imagine they'll try to do something more team friendly than the option number, but he'd be signed in an instant if he hit the market. There was a bidding war over Mike Glennon...
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-03-2017, 11:46 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 11:42 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Bortles against the Seattle D should be interesting viewing considering what they are doing to Wentz now..

Crazy how they lose Sherman and Chancellor with Thomas is playing at far less than 100% and they just keep ticking. Would be quite an accomplishment if Blake looks anything like today against them.

It happens a lot in the NFL. An injured Earl Thomas is better than a healthy name-your-Cotl.

(12-03-2017, 09:19 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

Blake Bortles is essentially under contract for two more years, the way I see it. We can't let him walk without first paying him $18 million, right?

We can let him walk for nothing. He only gets the $19 million if he's injured to the point he can't play, or we let him go after the start of the league year. We could theoretically cut him in say February and not pay a dime.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS