Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Things on some seats around the stadium

(12-05-2017, 06:03 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 05:34 PM)PF* Wrote: I can't tell much from the picture- I think it must be attached to the seat, correct? It looks too big to be wearable. Does it move with the person? Does he bump his head when he jumps up? If I spill beer on it, does it roll down his neck?

Seriously, there's not a lot of clearance anyway. You get a guy with a big head or big hair and just that is a problem.

The clamp is more clearly shown on the device which is a few rows behind the couple that is sitting on the pic.

Regarding beer spillage, since I'm very careful not to spill my beer unless it's being thrown at an obnoxious opposing fan, I may need to revert to spilling a little refillable lemonade @ the $3 per cup refill rate if the people in front of me ever shows up with these.  Heck, it may even serve as a table for my chili cheese dogs  !!!

Ah, I see it now. Yeah that wouldn't work for me. I'd knock my head on it every time I jumped up during an exciting play or whatever. Plus it looks like it would only really cover your head, which is important, but I would fund it useless.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like what Miami has done with their stadium. Besides building a new stadium, that seems our best option.

(12-06-2017, 10:24 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I like what Miami has done with their stadium. Besides building a new stadium, that seems our best option.

I like the idea of it, but it just looks so odd. When I'm in Jacksonville I do like driving by the stadium and seeing it as is. Putting a giant 'tarp' over it with a hole in the middle would be so.....odd. Aesthetically it would not be cool, but it sure would help during those early season games. 

I haven't been to a game since 2009 so, other than on TV, I haven't even seen inside the gates since Khan came in a perked things up.

(12-05-2017, 12:30 AM)FBT Wrote: Yeah, we'll see how long these last.  I watched a few people in the section in front of us who had someone they were sitting behind with these things.  They were constantly adjusting the canopy because it was blocking their view.  Seems a little silly when a hat will do the same thing.

Hre's an idea: Only make them available for the back row of each section. I don't know if it would work for the front row of Level 2, but it is worth a try.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2017, 03:16 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(12-05-2017, 11:57 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 10:51 AM)Jagwired Wrote: ...or just suck it up and sit in the] sun for a few hours. Bunch of crap. It is Florida for Christ's sake.

Yes - Thank you.  

Considering Packers fans sit in negative 10 degrees wind-chills, I think we can brave the 90 degree games with a hat and some 35 SPF Coppertone Suntan Lotion

Some people can't tolerate the heat. My yard is nearly all shade and I am much more comfortable there than in places with little or no shade. There's a reason I only go to December games.

I admit earlier this year the heat got pretty unbearable at times. After tailgating for hours, multiple beers and Jello shots and not drinking enough water, I thought I was dieing of heat stroke by the time the 3rd quarter started, from sitting in the sunny side. It was in the 90s.

It'd be nice to have some shade for the games. There was a concept for a canopy that was floating around for awhile, I thought it looked pretty sharp. But as we see with the practice arena things never come out like the concept art.

(12-08-2017, 04:19 PM)Inziladun Wrote: I admit earlier this year the heat got pretty unbearable at times. After tailgating for hours, multiple beers and Jello shots and not drinking enough water, I thought I was dieing of heat stroke by the time the 3rd quarter started, from sitting in the sunny side. It was in the 90s.

It'd be nice to have some shade for the games. There was a concept for a canopy that was floating around for awhile, I thought it looked pretty sharp. But as we see with the practice arena things never come out like the concept art.

Something like what Seattle did would be good. The Hard Rock Stadium plan would not work at EverBank because of the huge scoreboards and Fanduelville but everyone on the two sidelines would feel much better.

(12-08-2017, 04:36 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 04:19 PM)Inziladun Wrote: I admit earlier this year the heat got pretty unbearable at times. After tailgating for hours, multiple beers and Jello shots and not drinking enough water, I thought I was dieing of heat stroke by the time the 3rd quarter started, from sitting in the sunny side. It was in the 90s.

Something like what Seattle did would be good. The Hard Rock Stadium plan would not work at EverBank because of the huge scoreboards and Fanduelville but everyone on the two sidelines would feel much better.

They could very easily canopy the east and west sides of the stadium without impacting the boards or the the decks on either end, and still provide a ton of shade to almost the entire stadium.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(12-08-2017, 03:06 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 12:30 AM)FBT Wrote: Yeah, we'll see how long these last.  I watched a few people in the section in front of us who had someone they were sitting behind with these things.  They were constantly adjusting the canopy because it was blocking their view.  Seems a little silly when a hat will do the same thing.

Hre's an idea: Only make them available for the back row of each section. I don't know if it would work for the front row of Level 2, but it is worth a try.

So if you sit anywhere else but the back rows, you're screwed?  Great idea.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Any of you sit on the east side seats - other than club seats? How do you do it? Early season games on the west side can be brutal. I've seen a few people pass out.

If I had east side club seats I'm not sure how much time I'd spend in my seat. Besides the head, looking into the sun for three hours would make me blind.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

I figured it out early- I have East side and West side seats. I sit on the West side for the Sept-Oct games and then on the East side for November-December games.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

In this rendering for the Amazon HQ2 proposal, there's some kinda dome looking deal on the stadium
[Image: Rendering3.JPG]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]