Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who would you rather face in the 1st round of the playoffs?

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 06:01 PM by knarnn.)

Simple question:

The tacks, Ravens, Chiefs, or the Chargers (assuming the Chiefs continue their downward spiral)?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 05:10 PM by brianmsbc.)

Titans.

assuming Tacks = Titans.

No interest in facing Bosa + Ingram again.

The tacks. Easy. They're a bad football team.

Tacks

Def the Tacks. Having this team travel all the way to LA and facing that pass rush again would be scary.

As it stands now, the Chargers are on knocking on the door for a wild card spot. The AFC West is between them and the Chiefs, who are tied at 6-6. One of those teams will need help gettintg in from the Ravens, who are one game up at 7-5. Of course, we don't want to play against the AFC West winner in the wild card round. So the question definitely is not limited to the Titans and Chargers. It is Chiefs, Chargers, Titans, or Ravens.

If I did not alawys want the Ravens to lose, I would pick them. We almost lost to the Chargers at home. What about the Chiefs, who have a game manager QB people wanted Andy Reid to bench last week and are missing Eric Berry?

Ravens, tacks,,Chargers, and chiefs in that order.

(12-04-2017, 05:08 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: Titans.

assuming Tacks = Titans.

No interest in facing Bosa + Ingram again.

Your assumption is correct. Tacks is short for Flaming Thumbtacks. I don't know who got the idea, but it is based on their stupid logo.

Chargers will surprise some people in the playoffs I think. I'd prefer not to face them again, but I think they're gonna win their division so we wouldn't face them in the first round unless we lose to the tacks at the end of the season.

The tacks are kinda built just right to beat us as well aside from Mariota's regression this year. They run the ball well and they play good D. That's exactly the type of team that would likely give the Jags, and a lot of other teams, problems. We're that type of team too though and Bortles looks like he's playing better than Mariota at this time.

The Chiefs concern me more for Andy Reid than anything else at the moment.

The AFC North shouldn't overly concern anyone. We dominated the entire division this year. I really think the AFC Super Bowl team will be either the Jags, Chargers or Patriots with it most likely being the Patriots again.

The Chargers would scare me the most, the Ravens the least.

I want to say the Tacks, but if we did, that means we will have to lose a few more games between now and then. Also we most likely would have lost to them at the end of reg season. That feels way too much like 99 (even though the ranking would be flip flopped lol). But oh man I want some sweet revenge on their butts lol Ravens and chargers are pretty hot right now. I really don't know who I'd prefer to play right now. I'm gonna go with Baltimore based on qb play.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(12-04-2017, 05:02 PM)knarnn Wrote: Simple question:

The tacks, Ravens, Chiefs, or the Chargers (assuming the Chiefs continue their downward spiral)?

I want the tacks! easiest win available. If not tacks I will take chiefs, then Ravens (but not preferred). I want no part of Chargers, even in our good year they seem to have our number.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 07:14 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(12-04-2017, 06:36 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I want to say the Tacks, but if we did, that means we will have to lose a few more games between now and then. Also we most likely would have lost to them at the end of reg season. That feels way too much like 99 (even though the ranking would be flip flopped lol). But oh man I want some sweet revenge on their butts lol Ravens and chargers are pretty hot right now. I really don't know who I'd prefer to play right now. I'm gonna go with Baltimore based on qb play.

It only means we get a third game against the Tacks. Whether we stay in Nashville all week or return home for revenge at Duval depends on them losing.

(12-04-2017, 06:50 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(12-04-2017, 05:02 PM)knarnn Wrote: Simple question:

I want the tacks! easiest win available. If not tacks I will take chiefs, then Ravens (but not preferred). I want no part of Chargers, even in our good year they seem to have our number.

Why are the Tacks easier than the Ratbirds? Jimmy Smith just tore his Achilles tendon and Marshal Yanda is not coming back for the playoffs.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 07:23 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(12-04-2017, 06:05 PM)Upper Wrote: The Chargers would scare me the most, the Ravens the least.

This. They're the team that scares me the most of the entire AFC field. Honestly I'd rather play NE than them again
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Steelers or Patriots.

Definitely not the Chargers or Titans.

(12-04-2017, 07:23 PM)duvalpride Wrote: Steelers or Patriots.

Definitely not the Chargers or Titans.

The subject title clealry refers to the week that the Steelers and Patriots will be idle if AFC playoff rankings stand.

Have to play them all if you want the Lombardi.

Bring it.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 08:29 PM by nhiverson.)

Wildcard week I guess anyone but Chargers but we end up facing someone we have went up against most likely. I want to see us take on the Patriots I want to see what this D can do vs the best qb there is.
No Fun

Bye

1. Chiefs. That team seems lost on offense, and their defense doesn't scare me. Jags should have beat them last year in KC, and this year's Jags are better. So I don't this team is scared to play in Arrowhead.
2. Titans. But only if we lose them in game 17. I don't see the Titans beating Jags 3 times. If Jags beat Titans in week 17, I would worry about the trap. I just worry about in division rivals in playoffs because they know your weakness so much more. In that case they drop to 3.
3. Oakland. This team is sort of like the Chiefs but they would be on a winning streak if this happens, so they may be hot. Their offense has been really inconsistent all season, and defense has holes.
4. Ravens. Esp now that Jimmy Smith is out for the year. The Ravens play totally different this year outside of London. I don't see Flacco scoring on the Jags, but Bortles could easily revert to bad
decision maker, and a low-scoring game could be lost on 1 mistake.
5. LAC. Totally don't want to face this team. I'm really hoping they pull a San Diego and lose a few games in an incomprehensible way in Dec. Too many ways for them to win a game. While they have had trouble putting it all together, they could be scary if they do.