Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who would you rather face in the 1st round of the playoffs?

It really doesn't matter.  This team can beat or lose to any other team in the NFL.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Chiefs or tacks. Neither teams scare me and can become pretty one dimensional quickly. Ravens are not the same as what we faced early on. Chargers scare me the most as they are the most well rounded. In the end, I'd rather earn a bye.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 10:05 PM by Caldrac.)

As a fan of football. I want the best team that finishes the strongest out of this lot. Don't care if it's the stinking tacks, the Chiefs, the Ravens or the Chargers. I think our defense can line up with anybody and smack the living [BLEEP] out of them as long as they stick with man to man and get after the passer.

All we have to do is keep pounding and chipping away with the ground game. I know we've been hard on Bortles. But let's be fair here. He's played a lot better this year. And he's doing it without Allen Robinson. And a depleted and banged up receiving core with chemistry being developed during a weekly basis with two rookies in the mix. Give him time. He's comfortable with Lee but he's still feeling it out with Westbrook and Cole. A healthy Hurns could be the tipping point late in December for this offense.

But, like I said. Defensively I think we'll be able to take anybody down. Even the Patriots. We need Fournette to get hot again though. Hopefully Hackett and Marrone can start scheming the passing game up early and often enough to get the crowd away from the box. We still miss Omameh in the interior. That guy has been an unsung hero this year. Still wish they'd consider going back to Shatley at C and kicking Cann out for Linder at RG. Just seemed like we saw more creases and lanes for the running game.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Give me the Chiefs then Pittsburgh and I think we can go all the way to the Championship game.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017, 12:53 AM by NewJagsCity.)

Chiefs. They are in free fall and havent hit bottom yet.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I'd personally take anyone but the Chargers(if they get in). Baltimore we match up well against, smoked them. The Titans have regressed mightily over this season, who have had close games with every trash team they have played. Chiefs are not the same either, they have lost a lot of steam and Alex Smith doesn't scare me either.

I think if our line can get healthy and Fournette gets the injury bug out of his system, we stand a good chance of beating whoever we face in the wildcard round, San Diego would be the only game I think we lose if we have to travel to L.A.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017, 05:33 AM by Tyler1Reformed.)

Wish we could play the Pats the first game. That's the only game I care about.

(12-04-2017, 10:52 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Give me the Chiefs then Pittsburgh and I think we can go all the way to the Championship game.

If you can beat either Pittsburgh or NE you can beat the other. We already dominated one of them in every area of the ball.

(12-05-2017, 05:31 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: If you can beat either Pittsburgh or NE you can beat the other. We already dominated one of them in every area of the ball.

I continually see people talk about how much we dominated the Steelers, but we really need to be careful about how arrogant we would be going into a potential rematch. We were losing 9-6 late in the 3rd quarter before Big Ben melted down, Blake had less than 100 yards and a pick, and Fournette had an underwhelming 90 yards on like 26 carries before the garbage time 90 yard TD. "Dominated one of them in every area of the ball" is highly misleading.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017, 11:22 AM by Achilles.)

Give me the division rival thumbtacks.

Nothing would make me happier than seeing our d line flatten Mariota and our secondary pumping up those interception numbers.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Ravens, titans, chiefs. I, like many oothers, want no part of the chargers.

If we're talking a home game in the first round, I'd take any of them. Though I think the Ravens and Chargers would be the hardest to beat at home in the playoffs.

If it's an away game in the first round, I want tenn. That would mean we lost the division and our defense would be playing lights out in the first round. Probably 12 sacks and 2 TDs and a FF recovery for a TD. It would be amazing.
“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

Raiders in Jacksonville

I grew up watching the Steelers and the hated Raiders battling it out in the AFC playoffs so there will always be a cool mystic with having a traditional team like the Raiders come to Jacksonville; especially for a playoff game.

(12-04-2017, 05:45 PM)spmakros Wrote: Ravens, tacks,,Chargers, and chiefs in that order.

I was about to say "same" but I would actually switch Chargers and Chiefs.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017, 10:51 AM by MoJagFan.)

(12-04-2017, 08:15 PM)Dakota Wrote: Have to play them all if you want the Lombardi.

Bring it.

Yeah give me the Patriots because that would mean they would be on a losing streak.  I would love for the Patriots to lose out or start resting players to manipulate the seeding to face us.

PS. Let's make the playoffs first Big Grin
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I could make a killing reselling 8 of my 10 season tix if the Steelers or Patriots came to town. .... just sayin'

I'm good with tacks, ravens, or chiefs.
Chiefs D is bad and Smith has cooled off considerably. I'm not even sure they make the playoffs. Think the Bolts end up winning that division, and I wouldn't want to see them again.
Tacks they worked us earlier this year. Hoping we bounce back and beat em week 17.. I wouldn't mind facing off a 3rd time and ending their season in the wild card round.
The Ravens we already beat... sure, they got a tough D but their offense is anything but scary. And I'd like our chances to pressure Average Joe into some mistakes.
Plus their D has taken some hits with injuries and suspensions.

What's amazing is that we could wind up with a playoff field that includes 4 teams that we have beaten in the regular season and only one we didn't play, New England.

I just want to make the playoffs. Don't care who it is.

(12-05-2017, 11:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What's amazing is that we could wind up with a playoff field that includes 4 teams that we have beaten in the regular season and only one we didn't play, New England.

That seems the most likely scenario at this point somehow

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017, 02:05 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(12-04-2017, 08:15 PM)Dakota Wrote: Have to play them all if you want the Lombardi.

Bring it.

No you don't. Where did you get that idea from?

(12-05-2017, 12:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I just want to make the playoffs. Don't care who it is.

I don't want to enter the playoffs as a wild card team and go to California.