Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who would you rather face in the 1st round of the playoffs?

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017, 02:37 PM by J-Mizzal.)

(12-04-2017, 08:43 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: Bye

We can get the bye week if the Steelers lose to the Ravens and Pats, and we win out, I dont see the Pats losing much more.

To the question, if KC is still on this downward spiral why wouldnt you want to face them? Ravens are still not that great dont be fooled by the 44 they put up this week. Titans may not be all that but they are a division opponent and those can always be tough also they still have the best record of the rest. Now SD thats who I would want to play least.
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-05-2017, 05:53 AM)Upper Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 05:31 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: If you can beat either Pittsburgh or NE you can beat the other. We already dominated one of them in every area of the ball.

I continually see people talk about how much we dominated the Steelers, but we really need to be careful about how arrogant we would be going into a potential rematch. We were losing 9-6 late in the 3rd quarter before Big Ben melted down, Blake had less than 100 yards and a pick, and Fournette had an underwhelming 90 yards on like 26 carries before the garbage time 90 yard TD. "Dominated one of them in every area of the ball" is highly misleading.

Any RB running for 90 yards in the NFL is not underwhelming so I have no idea what your talking about, def so when the QB was that bad in passing, thats called a hard fought 90 yards, and then the 90 yard run wasnt garbage time the steelers still needed to make a stop, so plz stop with that crap.
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Right now we're slated to play KC
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-05-2017, 04:02 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Right now we're slated to play KC

At Kansas City. Tennessee is slated to host the Ravens. That is not good.

Someone pointed out to me we want the Chargers to win the AFCW because that would prevent them from returning to Jacksonville if we also win ours.

(12-05-2017, 04:14 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 04:02 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Right now we're slated to play KC

At Kansas City. Tennessee is slated to host the Ravens. That is not good.

Someone pointed out to me we want the Chargers to win the AFCW because that would prevent them from returning to Jacksonville if we also win ours.

I'm fine with the bolded scenario. We're better than KC, Tennessee would get stomped by Baltimore, and we already crushed them once.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-05-2017, 02:42 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Any RB running for 90 yards in the NFL is not underwhelming so I have no idea what your talking about, def so when the QB was that bad in passing, thats called a hard fought 90 yards, and then the 90 yard run wasnt garbage time the steelers still needed to make a stop, so plz stop with that crap.

91 yards on 26 carries is 3.3 yards per carry. That's absolutely underwhelming, especially when you consider it's coming from a healthy top 5 transcendent generational RB with a healthy line at the time.

And the 90 yard TD run came when the score was 23-9 with 1:47 left in the game. If that's not garbage time to you then I must say you sir are the one who needs to plz stop with that crap.

(12-05-2017, 05:50 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 02:42 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Any RB running for 90 yards in the NFL is not underwhelming so I have no idea what your talking about, def so when the QB was that bad in passing, thats called a hard fought 90 yards, and then the 90 yard run wasnt garbage time the steelers still needed to make a stop, so plz stop with that crap.

91 yards on 26 carries is 3.3 yards per carry. That's absolutely underwhelming, especially when you consider it's coming from a healthy top 5 transcendent generational RB with a healthy line at the time.

And the 90 yard TD run came when the score was 23-9 with 1:47 left in the game. If that's not garbage time to you then I must say you sir are the one who needs to plz stop with that crap.

Fournette literally ran the ball like 15 straight times and the Steelers couldn't stop him. 

I'm starting to think you're the new screen name of TMD
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-05-2017, 07:18 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 05:50 PM)Upper Wrote: 91 yards on 26 carries is 3.3 yards per carry. That's absolutely underwhelming, especially when you consider it's coming from a healthy top 5 transcendent generational RB with a healthy line at the time.

Fournette literally ran the ball like 15 straight times and the Steelers couldn't stop him. 

It was 13, several of which were Ivory runs, and it wound up with a not gimme 47 yard FG...whoo...

(12-05-2017, 08:46 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 07:18 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Fournette literally ran the ball like 15 straight times and the Steelers couldn't stop him. 

It was 13, several of which were Ivory runs, and it wound up with a not gimme 47 yard FG...whoo...

So a drive that starts on your own 4, gets all the way to the opponent 29, while running 8 minutes off the clock, on only runs, the ended with points is not impressive? Fournette ran 8 times for 43 yards (5.38 ypa) on a drive that the entire defense was trying to stop him and we were up 20-9.

Good god man. God forbid you give any bit of credit to the team for doing something positive.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017, 09:10 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(12-04-2017, 09:56 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It really doesn't matter. This team can beat or lose to any other team in the NFL.

I don't want to be a punching bag in New England. The wild card opponent may not matter, but seeding certainly does.

(12-05-2017, 04:51 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 04:14 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: At Kansas City. Tennessee is slated to host the Ravens. That is not good.

I'm fine with the bolded scenario. We're better than KC, Tennessee would get stomped by Baltimore, and we already crushed them once.

Don't you want to win the division and play the wild card game at home?

You jags will be surprised when mularkey opens up his playoff smashmouth football.

(12-05-2017, 09:52 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: You jags will be surprised when mularkey opens up his playoff smashmouth football.

You don't think the Jaguars already know everything about Mike Muarkey's smashmouth football? He was our coach for a year and we have played against him ever since he joined the Tacks. What would surprise us is playing a second game in Nashville.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2017, 04:02 AM by WhoYouBE.)

Titans isnt a good match up for Jax. Ravens & Chiefs are.

(12-05-2017, 10:01 AM)jagfanthrutherottenyears Wrote: If we're talking a home game in the first round, I'd take any of them. Though I think the Ravens and Chargers would be the hardest to beat at home in the playoffs.

If it's an away game in the first round, I want tenn. That would mean we lost the division and our defense would be playing lights out in the first round. Probably 12 sacks and 2 TDs and a FF recovery for a TD. It would be amazing.

Not happening against one if not the best pass-pro team in the league. They literally have two stud tackles with a pretty awesome center.

(12-06-2017, 04:14 AM)WhoYouBE Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 10:01 AM)jagfanthrutherottenyears Wrote: If we're talking a home game in the first round, I'd take any of them. Though I think the Ravens and Chargers would be the hardest to beat at home in the playoffs.

If it's an away game in the first round, I want tenn. That would mean we lost the division and our defense would be playing lights out in the first round. Probably 12 sacks and 2 TDs and a FF recovery for a TD. It would be amazing.

Not happening against one if not the best pass-pro team in the league. They literally have two stud tackles with a pretty awesome center.

Of course it's not going to happen; the titans will hit the skids and fail to make the playoffs. The Jags will win the division and will probably be playing Baltimore at home unless Pitt screws up and gives us the 2nd seed.
“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

(12-06-2017, 03:57 AM)WhoYouBE Wrote: Titans isnt a good match up for Jax. Ravens & Chiefs are.
I disagree with the Ravens. I think beating them 44-7 is not a real indicator of either team.

The Ravens defense is no joke. Flacco makes a couple big throws early and their defense stops Blake and the game is basically over.

As long as we ARE in the playoffs, I really don't care.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-05-2017, 09:52 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: You jags will be surprised when mularkey opens up his playoff smashmouth football.

For your financial sanity, I sure hope you aren't a betting man with all the Ms. Cleo predictions you spew all over this forum!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(12-04-2017, 08:43 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: Bye

That Bye has had our number in recent years.  We got them this year though.  Have the Jags ever beaten the Bye twice in the same season?  I'd like to see it happen.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2017, 01:06 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(12-06-2017, 08:44 AM)jagfanthrutherottenyears Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 04:14 AM)WhoYouBE Wrote: Not happening against one if not the best pass-pro team in the league. They literally have two stud tackles with a pretty awesome center.

Of course it's not going to happen; the titans will hit the skids and fail to make the playoffs. The Jags will win the division and will probably be playing Baltimore at home unless Pitt screws up and gives us the 2nd seed.

Pittsburgh will clinch a bye regardless. The Steelers are #1 and Patriots #2, so it will take a major domino effect for them to play in the first round. (Yes, I am aware the two teams meet in a couple weeks.) Keep dreaming.

(12-06-2017, 09:24 AM)Rico Wrote: As long as we ARE in the playoffs, I really don't care.

So you don't care if we win the division and play at home in the playoffs? All Jaguars fans want that.