Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who would you rather face in the 1st round of the playoffs?

(12-06-2017, 01:05 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 08:44 AM)jagfanthrutherottenyears Wrote: Of course it's not going to happen; the titans will hit the skids and fail to make the playoffs. The Jags will win the division and will probably be playing Baltimore at home unless Pitt screws up and gives us the 2nd seed.

Pittsburgh will clinch a bye regardless. The Steelers are #1 and Patriots #2, so it will take a major domino effect for them to play in the first round. (Yes, I am aware the two teams meet in a couple weeks.) Keep dreaming.

(12-06-2017, 09:24 AM)Rico Wrote: As long as we ARE in the playoffs, I really don't care.

So you don't care if we win the division and play at home in the playoffs? All Jaguars fans want that.
All Jaguars fans knew this team didn't have 7 losses.....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-06-2017, 01:05 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 08:44 AM)jagfanthrutherottenyears Wrote: Of course it's not going to happen; the titans will hit the skids and fail to make the playoffs. The Jags will win the division and will probably be playing Baltimore at home unless Pitt screws up and gives us the 2nd seed.

Pittsburgh will clinch a bye regardless. The Steelers are #1 and Patriots #2, so it will take a major domino effect for them to play in the first round. (Yes, I am aware the two teams meet in a couple weeks.) Keep dreaming.

(12-06-2017, 09:24 AM)Rico Wrote: As long as we ARE in the playoffs, I really don't care.

So you don't care if we win the division and play at home in the playoffs? All Jaguars fans want that.

Really?  ALL Jaguars fans want that?  I've been a season ticket holder since year one and I'm not a Jaguars fan?  Keep your know-it-all attitude out of my business.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-06-2017, 01:51 PM)Rico Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 01:05 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Pittsburgh will clinch a bye regardless. The Steelers are #1 and Patriots #2, so it will take a major domino effect for them to play in the first round. (Yes, I am aware the two teams meet in a couple weeks.) Keep dreaming.

Really?  ALL Jaguars fans want that?  I've been a season ticket holder since year one and I'm not a Jaguars fan?  Keep your know-it-all attitude out of my business.

Duh, all Jaguars fans want to win every week.

I get it, you are just looking forward to seeing us in the playoffs because this is the first time in 10 years we have a realistic shot at making it. But if you only care about getting there, you obviously don't care about winning every game.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2017, 02:57 PM by RicoTx.)

(12-06-2017, 02:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 01:51 PM)Rico Wrote: Really?  ALL Jaguars fans want that?  I've been a season ticket holder since year one and I'm not a Jaguars fan?  Keep your know-it-all attitude out of my business.

I get it, you are just looking forward to seeing us in the playoffs because this is the first time in 10 years we have a realistic shot at making it. But if you only care about getting there, you obviously don't care about winning every game.

I really feel like saying some nasty things to you right now.  But you're not worth the warning.  You'll be gone soon enough...I hope.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-06-2017, 02:54 PM)Rico Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 02:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Duh, all Jaguars fans want to win every week.

I really feel like saying some nasty things to you right now.  But you're not worth the warning.  You'll be gone soon enough...I hope.

There is no reason to want me gone as long as this forum has an ignore function. I will not be gone as long as this forum is the only one for Jaguars fans. You know that.

Now let's get back to football, the only thing I come here to talk about.

(12-06-2017, 09:18 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I disagree with the Ravens. I think beating them 44-7 is not a real indicator of either team.

The Ravens defense is no joke. Flacco makes a couple big throws early and their defense stops Blake and the game is basically over.

Obviously 44 points isn't a real indicator. They clearly botched their preparation for the London trip, as Harbaugh detailed many times.

I do think we could hold them to under two touchdowns again though. I think that part is pretty legit.

(12-06-2017, 01:51 PM)Rico Wrote: Really?  ALL Jaguars fans want that?  I've been a season ticket holder since year one and I'm not a Jaguars fan?  Keep your know-it-all attitude out of my business.

I agree with Rico. In my opinion, I don't care what happens as long as we get to the playoffs. If we lose in the first round, I will still be happy looking back on this team with how much we turned it around. Do I want a first round win? Of course. Would I love to get to the Super Bowl? Of course. But like I was telling my wife last night, if we lose in the first round I will not be disappointed at all once I look back on how much we achieved this year. JW, you can't tell me how to feel and you can't tell someone else to change their opinion. Of course Rico and I are die-hard fans just like everyone else here including you. But everyone has different outlooks on different things in life. Doesn't make one person wrong or one person right. Everyone can have their own opinion.

(12-06-2017, 04:49 PM)Brett Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 02:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Duh, all Jaguars fans want to win every week.

I agree with Rico. In my opinion, I don't care what happens as long as we get to the playoffs. If we lose in the first round, I will still be happy looking back on this team with how much we turned it around. Do I want a first round win? Of course. Would I love to get to the Super Bowl? Of course. But like I was telling my wife last night, if we lose in the first round I will not be disappointed at all once I look back on how much we achieved this year. JW, you can't tell me how to feel and you can't tell someone else to change their opinion. Of course Rico and I are die-hard fans just like everyone else here including you. But everyone has different outlooks on different things in life. Doesn't make one person wrong or one person right. Everyone can have their own opinion.

I would rather lose a playoff game than not make it. I would rather be a wild card team than not make it. I will be happy about the fact that we did make the playoffs. But anything short of a home playoff win is a huge disappointment. If you do not care at all what happens in the playoffs, you must have no hard feelings about losing the AFC Championship Game in 2000 because a repeat of that could be coming our way.

The more I think about it, as long as the tacks fall somewhere below us, I'm good!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(12-06-2017, 05:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 04:49 PM)Brett Wrote: I agree with Rico. In my opinion, I don't care what happens as long as we get to the playoffs. If we lose in the first round, I will still be happy looking back on this team with how much we turned it around. Do I want a first round win? Of course. Would I love to get to the Super Bowl? Of course. But like I was telling my wife last night, if we lose in the first round I will not be disappointed at all once I look back on how much we achieved this year. JW, you can't tell me how to feel and you can't tell someone else to change their opinion. Of course Rico and I are die-hard fans just like everyone else here including you. But everyone has different outlooks on different things in life. Doesn't make one person wrong or one person right. Everyone can have their own opinion.

I would rather lose a playoff game than not make it. I would rather be a wild card team than not make it. I will be happy about the fact that we did make the playoffs. But anything short of a home playoff win is a huge disappointment. If you do not care at all what happens in the playoffs, you must have no hard feelings about losing the AFC Championship Game in 2000 because a repeat of that could be coming our way.

I tried being nice to you and explaining that you can't tell someone how to react with their own opinions...but you just don't get it. You frustrate the mess out of me.

(12-06-2017, 05:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 04:49 PM)Brett Wrote: I agree with Rico. In my opinion, I don't care what happens as long as we get to the playoffs. If we lose in the first round, I will still be happy looking back on this team with how much we turned it around. Do I want a first round win? Of course. Would I love to get to the Super Bowl? Of course. But like I was telling my wife last night, if we lose in the first round I will not be disappointed at all once I look back on how much we achieved this year. JW, you can't tell me how to feel and you can't tell someone else to change their opinion. Of course Rico and I are die-hard fans just like everyone else here including you. But everyone has different outlooks on different things in life. Doesn't make one person wrong or one person right. Everyone can have their own opinion.

Anything short of a home playoff win is a disappointment? So a Wild Card playoff win.... disappointing.

You make no sense

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2017, 07:13 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(12-06-2017, 05:56 PM)Brett Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 05:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I would rather lose a playoff game than not make it. I would rather be a wild card team than not make it. I will be happy about the fact that we did make the playoffs. But anything short of a home playoff win is a huge disappointment. If you do not care at all what happens in the playoffs, you must have no hard feelings about losing the AFC Championship Game in 2000 because a repeat of that could be coming our way.

I tried being nice to you and explaining that you can't tell someone how to react with their own opinions...but you just don't get it. You frustrate the mess out of me.

I was just trying to point out what is wrong with the logic people have that merely making the playoffs is not good enough. Maybe I said it the wrong way, but every time we lose a game, Jaguars fans get mad even if a blowout loss was expected. We got mad after the Rams game despite knowing how good they are. The same thing will happen in the playoffs if we don't go all the way. No matter what happens in the playoffs (assuming we make it), fans will get mad about losing the game.

On topic, is anyone rooting for the Chargers to win the division so we don't have to meet them in the first round?

(12-06-2017, 07:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 05:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I would rather lose a playoff game than not make it. I would rather be a wild card team than not make it. I will be happy about the fact that we did make the playoffs. But anything short of a home playoff win is a huge disappointment. If you do not care at all what happens in the playoffs, you must have no hard feelings about losing the AFC Championship Game in 2000 because a repeat of that could be coming our way.

Anything short of a home playoff win is a disappointment? So a Wild Card playoff win.... disappointing.

You make no sense

It is still a wild card game even if we play at home, you know. Playing on the road instead of at home will be a big disappointment because my expectation all season was winning the division.

Refrain from telling people what they do and do not care about.

Getting back on topic, As long as we ARE in the playoffs, I really don't care.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(12-06-2017, 11:17 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 09:52 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: You jags will be surprised when mularkey opens up his playoff smashmouth football.

For your financial sanity, I sure hope you aren't a betting man with all the Ms. Cleo predictions you spew all over this forum!

Well, my boy did bet me that we would lose to the Browns.  That's why he calls me "daddy".   Laughing Banana

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

If having to face the tacks in the first round (wildcard weekend),, I'm not too sure about that.

That'd be 2 weeks facing them in a row. It's difficult to beat the same team two straight weeks. If the Jags lose in week 17 (obviously hoping they dont!), then yeah, I'd like the odds of the Jags beating then the very next game.

However, if the Jags win in week 17,, do I like the odds of them doing it again right away? Meh,, I'd rather see the Ravens or the AFCW team.

Anyhow,,,, playoffs is playoffs. Just being there is awesome.

(12-06-2017, 08:47 PM)jagherd Wrote: If having to face the tacks in the first round (wildcard weekend),, I'm not too sure about that.

That'd be 2 weeks facing them in a row. It's difficult to beat the same team two straight weeks. If the Jags lose in week 17 (obviously hoping they don't), then yeah, I'd like the odds of the Jags beating then the very next game.

However, if the Jags win in week 17,, do I like the odds of them doing it again right away? Meh,, I'd rather see the Ravens or the AFCW team.

If we have to face the Tacks in Ruond 1, I want that game at home. Let's exact revenge for losing the home game against them in Week 2, which effectively prevented us from controlling our own destiny because they won all the same weeks we did after that. If we have to play two consecutive games in Nashville, it makes asolutely no sense to think "just getting to the playoffs" is good enough. Either way, beating them in the playoffs would be sweet.

Suppose the Tacks get in, but they don't play against us in Round 1. Would you want them to pflay against us in Round 2?

Call me greedy. Want our Jags to win out and Steelers to lose. And get that buy.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(12-06-2017, 09:29 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: Call me greedy. Want our Jags to win out and Steelers to lose. And get that bye.

The Steelers will clinch the AFCN title the next time they win a game. I am sure everyone would rather have a bye than a wild card game. How can it happen?

(12-06-2017, 09:05 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 08:47 PM)jagherd Wrote: If having to face the tacks in the first round (wildcard weekend),, I'm not too sure about that.

That'd be 2 weeks facing them in a row. It's difficult to beat the same team two straight weeks. If the Jags lose in week 17 (obviously hoping they don't), then yeah, I'd like the odds of the Jags beating then the very next game.

If we have to face the Tacks in Ruond 1, I want that game at home. Let's exact revenge for losing the home game against them in Week 2, which effectively prevented us from controlling our own destiny because they won all the same weeks we did after that. If we have to play two consecutive games in Nashville, it makes asolutely no sense to think "just getting to the playoffs" is good enough. Either way, beating them in the playoffs would be sweet.

Suppose the Tacks get in, but they don't play against us in Round 1. Would you want them to pflay against us in Round 2?

The only way the Jags would get to face the Titans in Round 2 would be if the AFCS winner somehow gets the 1 or 2 seed. Right now,, it doesn't look like that's gonna happen (maybe,, but not probable).

I don't like the prospect of having to face the Titans in week 17 and then again the very next week in the playoffs.  

But, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.