Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jaguars can still get a first round bye if...

They win out, and the Steelers drop two!

I think we close the season 4-0 if we beat the Seahawks next weekend, and the Steelers have games against the Bengals, Ravens, and Patriots remaining.  My thinking is, division games are tough, and the Patriots game will be tough on them as well.

Basically, I'm hoping the Steelers lose a couple more, because a bye week to get healthy would be fantastic!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-04-2017, 05:13 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: They win out, and the Steelers drop two!

I think we close the season 4-0 if we beat the Seahawks next weekend, and the Steelers have games against the Bengals, Ravens, and Patriots remaining.  My thinking is, division games are tough, and the Patriots game will be tough on them as well.

Basically, I'm hoping the Steelers lose a couple more, because a bye week to get healthy would be fantastic!I

I was actually just about to ask the board who we wanted to win the Monday Night game tonight.  The obvious choice was the Bengals... But looking at the grand scheme of things, would a Bengals loss help us more (less competition for a wild card spot, if it comes to that)?

Only the first half but the Bengals are taking it to the squealers!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(12-04-2017, 10:46 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Only the first half but the Bengals are taking it to the squealers!

Yep, a loss here and a loss when they play the Pats

Looks like the Steelers are paper tigers. Played close games against inferior competition the last couple of weeks and it looks like the Bengals might beat them tonight. If we win out I think we’ll get the 2 seed because I don’t think the Steelers are going to wind up 13-3 or 14-2.

Prayers for Shazier.

If the jags take care of business and win out we will have ourselves a first round bye.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 11:51 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(12-04-2017, 07:06 PM)Min-Q Wrote:
(12-04-2017, 05:13 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: They win out, and the Steelers drop two!

Basically, I'm hoping the Steelers lose a couple more, because a bye week to get healthy would be fantastic!I

I was actually just about to ask the board who we wanted to win the Monday Night game tonight.  The obvious choice was the Bengals... But looking at the grand scheme of things, would a Bengals loss help us more (less competition for a wild card spot, if it comes to that)?

We essentially have a 3 game lead on the Bengals if they hold on and win tonight because we beat them head to head.  A Bengals win is vastly more beneficial for us.

Good lord the Bengals kill themselves. Embarrassing.

Unbelievable. Never have I seen a team look so good and dominant end up looking so terrible!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017, 01:04 AM by Jags239.)

Bengals suck. At least that Brown TD got me a fantasy win. Also, Bell's high step move thing is viscous. Dudes just pause when that happens.

The situation with Ryan Shazier doesn't look good at all. Steve Young looked and sounded really scared during the post game show.

(12-05-2017, 01:11 AM)jrvegeeta Wrote: The situation with Ryan Shazier doesn't look good at all. Steve Young looked and sounded really scared during the post game show.

Agreed, you can see him squeezing his hands but when rolling over his legs and feet were lifeless. Scary stuff.

Bungles suck.

(12-05-2017, 09:45 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Bungles suck.

Typical Bungles. 

They've lost at least 3 of their games this year in the same fashion: look good, like a team that can play with anybody,, then fold with stupidity and lose it in a true "Bungles" fashion.

The coaching and culture/atmosphere there is sorely lacking. There's no discipline at all. 

If they don't fire Lewis soon, there's something seriously wrong. 

*Jags hit paydirt when they got guys like Marrone and Coughlin, installing a tough, disciplined culture.

(12-04-2017, 07:06 PM)Min-Q Wrote:

The obvious choice for me was Steelers. I don't want the playoffs to go through Fonxborough again.

Just think. Jets game and Cards game. Shoulda been easy wins. If those games were wins we would not even be having this chat.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(12-07-2017, 09:25 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Just think. Jets game and Cards game. Shoulda been easy wins. If those games were wins we would not even be having this chat.

Rams game, as well.

(12-04-2017, 11:49 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: If the jags take care of business and win out we will have ourselves a first round bye.

We also need the Steelers to lose two games. They are 10-2. We are 8-4.

Adam Rank spelled it out here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...title-game

Quote:The 10-2 Steelers host the rival Ravens and Patriots over the next two games. Both of those are losable. But with very winnable games against the Texans and Browns to close out the regular season, Pittsburgh should finish no worse than 12-4. Meanwhile, my friends down in Duval County are 8-4. The Jags' remaining schedule: vs. Seattle, vs. Houston, at San Francisco, at Tennessee. Is it that hard to imagine this defensive dynamo running the table and finishing 12-4? No. And Jacksonville would have the tiebreaker over the Steelers, thanks to a 21-point win in Pittsburgh back in Week 5.