Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do you believe this CBS report on Manning?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-04-2017, 06:19 PM)jagman Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/manni...ding-spot/

It's La Canfora and it's just speculating on the Coughlin-Manning connection.  No bones to the story yet. 

It would be an enticing spot for Manning though.

Connect the dot puzzles are made for kids for a reason.

A whole lot of speculation.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I'd pay to watch if Eli came here.

Don't count on it IF we win the division and one playoff game or more.

This is what pretty much everyone has been saying since the second Coughlin agreed to come fix the Jaguars.

The only reason anyone ever even thought for one second we could be a good fit for Eli Manning or be interested in him is the Giants connection with Tom Coughlin. All this stuff about we need a QB and here is one who knows Coughlin is very ignorant; if we wanted an old QB on the downside of his career, we would have signed him in the offseason or traded for one before the deadline. Dave Caldwell has always been a "build through the draft" guy. Coughlin is not doing everything on his own and keeping Caldwell out of it.  As long as Caldwell is in Jacksonville, we aren't signing a player whose team is preparing for his retirement.

Anyone else love that Tom is here and we are beginning to cool off from the dumpster fire we’ve been for years and the idiots that fired him are really getting those flames going
A good loser is a good loser

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017, 07:17 AM by Caldrac.)

I don't think he ends up here. It's hard to determine now because of the firing of Reese and McAdoo yesterday. I am going to assume the interim coach puts Eli back out there this Sunday. But whoever Mara hires next will have a decision to make with Eli. It depends on how they view the QB position in the draft and where they'll be slotted. If they feel confident or comfortable that they'll be able to land their future in say, someone like Rosen or Jackson.

Then yes, probably a good chance Eli is out of the picture. And I think we're guaranteed that if he is released that he'll end up being a Jaguar faster than you can blink. Even if we keep Bortles. I don't see Henne coming back. You bring in Manning to compete for the job or at least push Bortles. And I wouldn't rule out them drafting a passer at some point depending on the value board they have in April of next year. It'll be an interesting off season at the very least.

Jacksonville is officially back on the map. I expect us to draw big names again now with our success. I think we'll have a Sunday night game and possibly a Monday night game FINALLY in 2018 as well after this year is over.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I already saw that their interim head coach has Eli set to start again. I'm not sure he even leaves the Giants anymore.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

If all we would have to give up would be a 4th round pick, that would be fine. I thought Manning would command a lot more. Possibly a 3rd and a 5th, which would've been too much, but a 4th would be O.K., as long as we still draft our QB of the future.

(12-05-2017, 08:56 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If all we would have to give up would be a 4th round pick, that would be fine. I thought Manning would command a lot more. Possibly a 3rd and a 5th, which would've been too much, but a 4th would be O.K., as long as we still draft our QB of the future.

He has a no trade clause from what I've heard. The G-Men would have to outright cut him.

I think Mara is trying to save face after being the orchestrator of a boneheaded personnel move.
Perhaps they move on at seasons end anyway... but I wouldn't be surprised if Eli stays for one final year.

I'll say 60% chance he stays and starts in NY under new regime.
25% chance he ends up in J-Ville
15% chance he just outright retires.

There's a no trade clause in his contract, but he can waive it if he chooses.

Don't think he comes here, though.

(12-05-2017, 08:56 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If all we would have to give up would be a 4th round pick, that would be fine. I thought Manning would command a lot more. Possibly a 3rd and a 5th, which would've been too much, but a 4th would be O.K., as long as we still draft our QB of the future.

If we wanted to trade anything for Eli Manning Tom Coughlin would have done it on Halloween.

(12-05-2017, 02:12 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

If we wanted to trade anything for Eli Manning Tom Coughlin would have done it on Halloween.

That sounds like bad luck waiting to happen.

(12-05-2017, 02:12 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

[Image: BGdfkB2CYAAtaY_.jpg]
[Image: ZaP82qT.gif]

(12-05-2017, 02:14 PM)Brett Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 02:12 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: If we wanted to trade anything for Eli Manning Tom Coughlin would have done it on Halloween.

That sounds like bad luck waiting to happen.

No, it sounds like bad luck is not going to happen because Halloween is history.

(12-05-2017, 03:56 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 02:14 PM)Brett Wrote: That sounds like bad luck waiting to happen.

No, it sounds like bad luck is not going to happen because Halloween is history.

[Image: My+joke+skyrocketed+over+your+head+not+e...342939.jpg]