Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC Playoff scenarios

People love to talk about how we can get in the playoffs as either a wild card team or division winner. That's great. But have you ever considered how our race to the top will affect teams in the other three AFC divisions?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Who cares? Most on here only care about 1 team, the Jags. We don't have multiple teams like you

She's hoping someone can find a way to get her Broncos back in this thing.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(12-05-2017, 10:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who cares? Most on here only care about 1 team, the Jags. We don't have multiple teams like you

My man nailed it on the head. I bleed teal and that's it. Grew up in Cincinnati for 15 years as a kid...never lived in Jacksonville or been there before but it's not even close.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017, 03:54 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(12-05-2017, 12:30 PM)FBT Wrote: She's hoping someone can find a way to get her Broncos back in this thing.

Denver is officially out of playoff contention. I was thinking about the other three AFC West teams, Bills, and Ravens. Maybe even hte Steelers.

(12-05-2017, 03:52 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 12:30 PM)FBT Wrote: She's hoping someone can find a way to get her Broncos back in this thing.

Denver is officially out of playoff contention. I was thinking about the other three AFC West teams, Bills, and Ravens. Maybe even hte Steelers.

Um....  None of those teams are in the AFC West.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017, 11:09 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(12-05-2017, 10:19 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 03:52 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Denver is officially out of playoff contention. I was thinking about the other three AFC West teams, Bills, and Ravens. Maybe even the Steelers.

Um....  None of those teams are in the AFC West.

AFC West (Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders) and Bills and Ravens.

Is that better?

(12-05-2017, 02:44 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: People love to talk about how we can get in the playoffs as either a wild card team or division winner. That's great. But have you ever considered how our race to the top will affect teams in the other three AFC divisions?

I think the south, and north will both send 2 . Chargers probably win the west, obviously Pats in the east.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2017, 02:30 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

The Patriots are one win away from clinching the division. That should happen at Miami on Monday night - if the Bills somehow lose.

Similarly, the Steelers will clinch the AFCN with a win, but a Bills loss would only put them in the playoffs.

Although the Chargers can't clinch anything this week, the Raiders/Chiefs game will matter to them at the end.

To clinch a playoff spot this week, we need ALL of the following:

*Colts defeat Bills
*Broncos defeat Jets
*Redskins defeat Chargers
*Patriots defeat Dolphins

The last one is on MNF, so it will become meaningless to us any of the first three don't go our way.

I am not worried about the Raiders/Chiefs game ending in a tie.