Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Delanie Walker: 'I'm very disrespected in the league'

Delanie Walker: 'I'm very disrespected in the league'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...the-league

Each week TE Delanie Walker powers the Tennessee offense, leading the Titans in receptions, targets, yards and plays of 20-plus yards. Yet Walker doesn't receive the same national fanfare of other TEs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Dalaney who?

He does kind of have a point, though it's not really the league that "disrespects" him it's more the media.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Honestly I think they TE hype has simmered quite a bit.

Remember when Gronk and Graham were tearing up the league.
Jordan Reed was killing it in fantasy and Eifert was a household name....

The game evolves a little bit every year... no one is talking tight ends anymore.
But I suppose when you're a tack you gotta play whatever card you can to get some attention lol

I'd take him on this team.

I can't stand him. Especially after the fact when we beat them one year and he was whining and complaining that the Titans lost to the "Jaguars". Seems like such a baby.

Seeing how he is a majority og the tacks offense, he kind of has a point. To whine about it though? Just play ball. On the team front, hard to earn any talk or respect when you’re barely winning games, against bad teams.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I agree. Now get that little turd of a QB you have to throw you some TDs for my FF playoffs.

(12-05-2017, 12:24 PM)Kane Wrote: Honestly I think they TE hype has simmered quite a bit.

The game evolves a little bit every year... no one is talking tight ends anymore.
But I suppose when you're a tack you gotta play whatever card you can to get some attention lol
The game is actually evolving to favor TEs more. But it just depends on the offensive system. Graham has struggled in Seattle his first year but he was also banged up with injuries.

(12-05-2017, 02:52 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Seeing how he is a majority og the tacks offense, he kind of has a point. To whine about it though? Just play ball. On the team front, hard to earn any talk or respect when you’re barely winning games, against bad teams.

This is the thing though.

I don't watch the Titans that closely, but from what I gather they play from behind or play close most of the time and get their wins in the 4th quarter.  From what I know their best offensive players are Mariota, Walker and Henry perhaps in that order.

Regarding the part in bold though, that's the difference in the culture between the Titans and other teams including the Jaguars.  One single player is all about "me first" rather than it being about the team.

Just to give an example, I saw an interview not long ago with Calais Campbell regarding his sack numbers, and his response was something along the lines of "I don't really care about that, it's all about what the team accomplishes".

I know that it's comparing two different positions, but it's the mindset of the players.  Campbell is all about the team while Walker is all about himself.

The same could be said in Pittsburgh regarding Martavis Bryant and  JuJu Smith-Schuster.  When players start to make the game about themselves rather than the team, it ultimately is going to hurt the team.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017, 10:00 PM by Jeff.Fisher.)

(12-05-2017, 09:36 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 02:52 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Seeing how he is a majority og the tacks offense, he kind of has a point. To whine about it though? Just play ball. On the team front, hard to earn any talk or respect when you’re barely winning games, against bad teams.

This is the thing though.

I don't watch the Titans that closely, but from what I gather they play from behind or play close most of the time and get their wins in the 4th quarter.  From what I know their best offensive players are Mariota, Walker and Henry perhaps in that order.

Regarding the part in bold though, that's the difference in the culture between the Titans and other teams including the Jaguars.  One single player is all about "me first" rather than it being about the team.

Just to give an example, I saw an interview not long ago with Calais Campbell regarding his sack numbers, and his response was something along the lines of "I don't really care about that, it's all about what the team accomplishes".

I know that it's comparing two different positions, but it's the mindset of the players.  Campbell is all about the team while Walker is all about himself.

The same could be said in Pittsburgh regarding Martavis Bryant and  JuJu Smith-Schuster.  When players start to make the game about themselves rather than the team, it ultimately is going to hurt the team.

Walker has kind of showed this side of himself this season. Other than that, dont know of anyone else. And pittsburgh is full of those type players, and i think that culture starts with their head coach

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017, 11:17 PM by WhoYouBE.)

Factors of Kelce and Gronk being outsized personalities and getting more attention than Walker are true. Kelce is a glorified TE who actually is more of a WR. Gronk is the real thing but playing for NE with the best QB in the game is a factor of why he is so hyped. But with nearly the same amount of career catches as Walker, Gronk has 75 career TDs compared to Walker's 33 and in 3 fewer seasons. I know he was a back up for 7 seasons, thats why

Someone as ugly as him should be thankful he can make millions playing a game.

He's a great player, but every time I see news about him it's decidedly negative. Either whining about disrespect or crying about losing to the Jaguars or the like. Quite the shame, really. If you want respect the first step is being respectable, and he's not seemed to be.

Delanie Walker is hands down our most reliable receiver. He would be starting on any NFL maybe save the Patriots and he would give Gronk a run for his money. He's that good. Delanie has been laboring in Tennessee on bad to mediocre teams for a few years but still putting up big numbers without a lot of attention from the national press. When he rolled his ankle severely right before the bye week, everyone here did a collective "UH OH!". But he came back after the bye week and hasn't missed a game.

(12-06-2017, 02:08 PM)Sevenfeet Wrote: Delanie Walker is hands down our most reliable receiver.  He would be starting on any NFL maybe save the Patriots and he would give Gronk a run for his money.  He's that good.  Delanie has been laboring in Tennessee on bad to mediocre teams for a few years but still putting up big numbers without a lot of attention from the national press.  When he rolled his ankle severely right before the bye week, everyone here did a collective "UH OH!".  But he came back after the bye week and hasn't missed a game.

It's like that regarding any good player on a poor team.  As I said before, it becomes (to them) all about themselves and is not about their team.  He doesn't care about his team's accomplishments and/or accolades it's all about him.

It's bad enough when fans whine about media "respect", it's worse when players start whining about it.

Well here at Duval Pride we know who he is, and know he is prob the best receiver on that offense. And if opposing fans from your division know who you are, thats worth a lot more than fake media respect IMO.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2017, 09:52 PM by Bullseye.)

(12-05-2017, 09:15 PM)WhoYouBE Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 12:24 PM)Kane Wrote: Honestly I think they TE hype has simmered quite a bit.

The game is actually evolving to favor TEs more. But it just depends on the offensive system. Graham has struggled in Seattle his first year but he was also banged up with injuries.

I agree to a point.

I think the evolution is more towards a running attack.  Running games are now in vogue, as more and more teams are featuring the running game.  Even the Saints had a game where they had some 24 straight runs against Buffalo.  We had a game where we passed maybe twice in the 2nd half against the Steelers, and had one drive where we rushed 14 straight plays.  Hadn't seen figures like that since the 80s.

To the extent TEs are more utilized in rushing attacks, they are invariably going to be used in play action scenarios that more run heavy attacks are going to produce.

All in all, I think this evolution back towards rushing attacks is a good one for football.  Accordingly, I also like better utilization of the TE.

(12-06-2017, 02:08 PM)Sevenfeet Wrote: Delanie Walker is hands down our most reliable receiver.  He would be starting on any NFL maybe save the Patriots and he would give Gronk a run for his money.  He's that good.  Delanie has been laboring in Tennessee on bad to mediocre teams for a few years but still putting up big numbers without a lot of attention from the national press.  When he rolled his ankle severely right before the bye week, everyone here did a collective "UH OH!".  But he came back after the bye week and hasn't missed a game.

I'm not sold on him as an overpowering blocker, but man is he an outstanding receiving threat, and I think ultimately for TEs, that is more important.

As a football fan, he is fun to watch.

As a Jaguars fan, I'm ready to see him retire.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!