Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colin Kaepernick accepts Muhammad Ali Legacy Award from Beyonce

(12-06-2017, 05:35 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 02:47 PM)Kane Wrote: Typical retort from this poster.

"I know you are, but what am I"

The idea of a black football player expressing himself seems to really bother you.

How dare he! Getting all uppity!

Just a coincidence I'm sure that so many post about Colin Kapernick and Corrine Brown - but not on Roy Moore.

Just like all of those Trump folks bumping into all those Russians. Just a coincidence!

More of the same from you.

Don't like Kaepernick and his (very) divisive behavior? Or that criminal race-baiter  Corrine Brown? You must be a racist!

I suppose when you have nothing more to add, just destroy the character of the person you disagree with. That'll show all those people how much smarter you are than him!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-06-2017, 04:56 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 02:36 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Muhammad Ali was a conscientious objector, without bone spurs. Of course he was black and a Muslim, so his objections were less valid than your average Quaker.

I have no problem with either one dodging a draft. I view the draft as a form of slavery.

That said, what Ali did was found to be a crime, while Trump was never charged. Admittedly the deck was stacked against a prominent celebrity in Ali's case in order to make a statement to other potential draft dodgers, and his race may or may not have also been a factor. Donald Trump was not an internationally (or even nationally) well known celebrity at the time.

And you can't be that naive to believe that Ali had a religious bone in his body, it was purely to get out of the army. He chose the most violent major religion in the world as his supposed basis of non-violent conscience, which goes to show that he had no clue about the religion he claimed to be a part of. 

Ali's conviction was overturned by the Supreme Court. You are showing your personal prejudice both towards Ali and Islam. We cannot talk religion too much here, but I doubt you know as much about Islam as a follower. By his words and actions, Ali showed himself to be devout Muslim, and converted well before he was drafted. You should do a little bit of research instead of pulling [BLEEP] from your [BLEEP].

Quote:"War is against the teachings of the Qur'an. I'm not trying to dodge the draft. We are not supposed to take part in no wars unless declared by Allah or The Messenger. We don't take part in Christian wars or wars of any unbelievers."

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(12-06-2017, 01:17 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 09:33 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: For being easily manipulated by an ugly fat woman?

It's ok, you can say "black". It's pretty clear that's where you were headed anyway.

Say wha?
He didn't give two craps about anything before he started dating that ugly fat woman. Why was race even entered into this exactly?

(12-06-2017, 08:01 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 01:17 PM)TJBender Wrote: It's ok, you can say "black". It's pretty clear that's where you were headed anyway.

Say wha?
He didn't give two craps about anything before he started dating that ugly fat woman. Why was race even entered into this exactly?

Because it's easy.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-06-2017, 09:47 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: It's unfortunate that some people admire anyone who they consider an "activist" without any critical thinking at all.

Most of them are incapable of any critical thinking at all, which is even more unfortunate.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2017, 09:44 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(12-06-2017, 01:17 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 09:33 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: For being easily manipulated by an ugly fat woman?

It's ok, you can say "black". It's pretty clear that's where you were headed anyway.

(12-06-2017, 01:15 PM)Kane Wrote: Awarded by Beyonce, who is a fan of the Black Panthers and married into the Illuminati.

What a weird world we live in.

I don't want to live in a world where Jay-Z is the Illuminati.

Jay Z certainly plays on TV, with the 'eyes of rah' and the triangles. Undoubtedly he is just a frontman tho. Don't worry tho, the real ones are still old and white. 

OTH Kaepernicks girlfriend fat (I assume thats who you are talking about)? Not sure you have seen a picture of her, shes not fat or ugly:[Image: Nessa:-2016-MTV-Movie-Awards--03-662x886.jpg]
[Image: url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&c...7248919247]

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(12-06-2017, 07:57 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 04:56 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: I have no problem with either one dodging a draft. I view the draft as a form of slavery.

That said, what Ali did was found to be a crime, while Trump was never charged. Admittedly the deck was stacked against a prominent celebrity in Ali's case in order to make a statement to other potential draft dodgers, and his race may or may not have also been a factor. Donald Trump was not an internationally (or even nationally) well known celebrity at the time.

And you can't be that naive to believe that Ali had a religious bone in his body, it was purely to get out of the army. He chose the most violent major religion in the world as his supposed basis of non-violent conscience, which goes to show that he had no clue about the religion he claimed to be a part of. 

Ali's conviction was overturned by the Supreme Court. You are showing your personal prejudice both towards Ali and Islam. We cannot talk religion too much here, but I doubt you know as much about Islam as a follower. By his words and actions, Ali showed himself to be devout Muslim, and converted well before he was drafted. You should do a little bit of research instead of pulling [BLEEP] from your [BLEEP].

Quote:"War is against the teachings of the Qur'an. I'm not trying to dodge the draft. We are not supposed to take part in no wars unless declared by Allah or The Messenger. We don't take part in Christian wars or wars of any unbelievers."

You sure did make Ali look like a devout, peace-loving Muslim.

Quote:No, I am not going ten thousand miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. ... [font=Lato, sans-serif]But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is right here. [/font]

Ali was only concerned with race. He didn't like white people. He was a race separatist; he didn't think that whites and blacks could co-habitat. 

Quote:I don’t hate rattlesnakes. I don’t hate tigers. I just know I can’t get along with them ... I don’t want to try to eat with them or sleep with them.

He's a nice guy, huh?

Quote:A black man should be killed if he’s messing with a white woman

Oh, boy. He's a peaceful guy.

Quote:We’ll kill anybody who tries to mess around with our women.

Should I go on? If Ali was a "devout Muslim", then you just proved MalabarJag's point. 

Ali's activism did a lot to help civil rights, but he's a giant [BLEEP].

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2017, 09:49 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(12-06-2017, 09:42 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 01:17 PM)TJBender Wrote: It's ok, you can say "black". It's pretty clear that's where you were headed anyway.

I don't want to live in a world where Jay-Z is the Illuminati.

Jay Z certainly plays on TV, with the 'eyes of rah' and the triangles. Undoubtedly he is just a frontman tho. Don't worry tho, the real ones are still old and white. 

OTH Kaepernicks girlfriend fat (I assume thats who you are talking about)? Not sure you have seen a picture of her, shes not fat or ugly:[Image: Nessa:-2016-MTV-Movie-Awards--03-662x886.jpg]

I'm basing my opinion on this picture

[Image: Nessa+Backstage+mtvU+Woodie+Awards+CH_kHgNvXpKl.jpg]

And thats a picture of her at an awards show too... I'd like to see what she looks like outside of an awards show or photo shoot.

She's not mind-alteringly attractive. He's just easily manipulated - why should that be rewarded?

(12-07-2017, 09:41 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 09:42 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Jay Z certainly plays on TV, with the 'eyes of rah' and the triangles. Undoubtedly he is just a frontman tho. Don't worry tho, the real ones are still old and white. 

I'm basing my opinion on this picture

[Image: Nessa+Backstage+mtvU+Woodie+Awards+CH_kHgNvXpKl.jpg]

And thats a picture of her at an awards show too... I'd like to see what she looks like outside of an awards show or photo shoot.

She's not mind-alteringly attractive. He's just easily manipulated - why should that be rewarded?

That's a terrible choice of pictures, she's actually pretty hot.

Here's a more recent shot:

[Image: hi-res-cb233606237ee475cea146130c9d7667_...crop_y=top]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Meh, I don't think so but to each their own.

(12-06-2017, 05:35 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 02:47 PM)Kane Wrote: Typical retort from this poster.

"I know you are, but what am I"

The idea of a black football player expressing himself seems to really bother you.

Just a coincidence I'm sure that so many post about Colin Kapernick and Corrine Brown - but not on Roy Moore.

Just like all of those Trump folks bumping into all those Russians. Just a coincidence!

The color of the man's skin has nothing to do with it. You people keep trying to make it about race but it's not.
If a white man had worn Pig Cop socks and a Fidel Castro T-Shirt, I'd think him just as much an idiot.

Comparing Roy Moore and the Colin and Corrine things is apples and oranges to the worst degree lol
Roy Moore is accused of some horrible stuff and if ever any actual proof comes out of it, I would gladly castrate the dude myself.
Colin was a benched QB who decided all of a sudden that he needed to make a statement  Rolleyes
It brought him back to relevance in the NFL but in the worst way. It back fired on him. Damn, Karma's a [BLEEP].
Corrine Brown committed a crime and had evidence of such. so.... IDK what you're looking for there.

If any actual proof comes out that Trump instructed his team or aided his team in colluding with Russia to RIG the election, I too will call for his head.
But if people were meeting with people to get dirt on a candidate... well that's the state of US politics today. Hillary did it too.

Speaking of Hillary, she lied under oath during an FBI investigation and to congress, yet nothing happens to her. Flynn however will get punished for the exact same thing.

Yeah... double standards are crazy. Too bad that you snowflakes can point to allegations of whatever all you want but innocent until proven guilty requires proof. So without proof or evidence I'm not sure why you think people should just turn on these guys.

Damn.... imagine that... being of sane mind and requiring people to prove that something actually happened.
But continue screaming "Racist!" it's a great way to redirect from what is really going on.

Kap is awarded some award created by Sports Illustrated to honor people who they think are special.
Congrats Kap. Somehow this has given all your social justice warriors validation.  Rolleyes Laughing

(12-07-2017, 02:10 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 05:35 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: The idea of a black football player expressing himself seems to really bother you.

The color of the man's skin has nothing to do with it. You people keep trying to make it about race but it's not.
If a white man had worn Pig Cop socks and a Fidel Castro T-Shirt, I'd think him just as much an idiot.

Comparing Roy Moore and the Colin and Corrine things is apples and oranges to the worst degree lol
Roy Moore is accused of some horrible stuff and if ever any actual proof comes out of it, I would gladly castrate the dude myself.
Colin was a benched QB who decided all of a sudden that he needed to make a statement  Rolleyes
It brought him back to relevance in the NFL but in the worst way. It back fired on him. Damn, Karma's a [BLEEP].
Corrine Brown committed a crime and had evidence of such. so.... IDK what you're looking for there.

If any actual proof comes out that Trump instructed his team or aided his team in colluding with Russia to RIG the election, I too will call for his head.
But if people were meeting with people to get dirt on a candidate... well that's the state of US politics today. Hillary did it too.

Speaking of Hillary, she lied under oath during an FBI investigation and to congress, yet nothing happens to her. Flynn however will get punished for the exact same thing.

Yeah... double standards are crazy. Too bad that you snowflakes can point to allegations of whatever all you want but innocent until proven guilty requires proof. So without proof or evidence I'm not sure why you think people should just turn on these guys.

Damn.... imagine that... being of sane mind and requiring people to prove that something actually happened.
But continue screaming "Racist!" it's a great way to redirect from what is really going on.

Kap is awarded some award created by Sports Illustrated to honor people who they think are special.
Congrats Kap. Somehow this has given all your social justice warriors validation.  Rolleyes Laughing

[Image: what-do-you-mean-you-people.jpg]

I'd also like to add Kap was in the league for years with a starting QB platform to bring up his voice. He chose to do it after being benched (whether for health or play is no matter here)

Give him all the awards you want. He still hasn't done anything positive to actually bring about change. All he did was polarize an entire football fan base (fans of the NFL in general) and create more unrest.

(12-07-2017, 02:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 02:10 PM)Kane Wrote: The color of the man's skin has nothing to do with it. You people keep trying to make it about race but it's not.

[Image: what-do-you-mean-you-people.jpg]

Any people that immediately claim someone is racist when they don't agree with certain types of social politics rhetoric.

But generally I meant "libs" or "snowflakes" with the "you people" grouping.
Because there are plenty of white people who idiotically lump every white person in to some "privileged racist" group when they don't agree with Kap, Beyonce, the Bennett bros, or any of these stupid white kids who think because THEY are privileged and mommy and daddy pay for them to go to Berkeley or whatever that all white people are privileged. And the simple fact of denying that white privilege even exists is considered racist by many.

(12-07-2017, 02:10 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 05:35 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: The idea of a black football player expressing himself seems to really bother you.

Wow - I think you hit every cliche in the book, but your post is pretty long so I may have missed something.

I just find it strange how a black football player who is no longer even in the league - he got blackballed; you would think that would be enough for you - gets people so upset. So sensitive.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(12-07-2017, 02:44 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 02:10 PM)Kane Wrote: The color of the man's skin has nothing to do with it. You people keep trying to make it about race but it's not.

Wow - I think you hit every cliche in the book, but your post is pretty long so I may have missed something.

I just find it strange how a black football player who is no longer even in the league - he got blackballed; you would think that would be enough for you - gets people so upset. So sensitive.

What about all the other black players that also took a knee or sat or fist raised?
Why haven't they been "black balled"?

Sensitive? HAHAHA, that's rich coming from your side of the aisle. 
This award means about as much to me as an Oscar or Grammy... 

He's some big hero for the left and I just don't get it. What exactly did he DO?
Brought awareness to an issue no one knew about? Give me a break. The social injustices of this world have long been discussed and debated.

Are police relations better now than they were prior to his "stand"?
How about race relations between regular folks?
I wonder if his stance has caused young black men to stop committing so much violent crime against one another?

It's a fluff and you kids these days eat it all up.
Cliche? Whatever man. It isn't cliche at all. It's real talk from someone who is so sick and tired of hearing about whiny rich liberals being some sort of role model. So sick of being attacked for being a white male with a different point of view.
Tired of listening to this generation of young people that think everything should come equally to all even to those who don't earn it or live their life in a manner that does not promote wealth, education, or a general well being for oneself and one's family.

Kap's a hero to the ignorant many who believe the World is worse than a time they didn't even live in.

(12-07-2017, 10:02 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Meh, I don't think so but to each their own.

You wouldn't hit that?

(12-07-2017, 06:58 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 10:02 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Meh, I don't think so but to each their own.

You wouldn't hit that?

[Image: a21.jpg]

(12-07-2017, 08:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 06:58 PM)JackCity Wrote: You wouldn't hit that?

[Image: a21.jpg]

Hahahaha likewise.