Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Professional Networking Thread

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2017, 02:30 PM by imtheblkranger.)

As I prepare to begin my MBA studies and continue looking at my future career, I figured, let's expand this professional network. 

We have people from all over the country and even across the pond on this board. Many of us have gotten to know and respect other posters over the years. It's a perfect place to network a bit. 

Consider this first post a "feeling out" process to see if any here would be interested.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How would you see the Networking work, in a perfect world?

As in, what would YOU hope to achieve from it?..

Excuse my ignorance, but working in the Ambulance Service, I don't deal with 'Networking' all that much, so I'm intrigued..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2017, 01:03 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(12-06-2017, 12:28 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: How would you see the Networking work, in a perfect world?

Excuse my ignorance, but working in the Ambulance Service, I don't deal with 'Networking' all that much, so I'm intrigued..

A good question if you don't know much about how it can be beneficial.

In a basic sense, learn where people you know live and what they do in a professional setting and possibly be able to use that to get your foot in a door somewhere that you couldn't on your own. 

For instance, if someone is looking to move to my area and is interested in doing something related to my field, I might be able to get their name to the top of a list of resumes or get them a second look essentially. 

Basically just making connections that you may or may not be able to use in the future. Who knows, someone could be interviewing with or looking to hire one of my clients and I may be able to lend a hand in the process.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-06-2017, 01:01 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 12:28 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: How would you see the Networking work, in a perfect world?

A good question if you don't know much about how it can be beneficial.

In a basic sense, learn where people you know live and what they do in a professional setting and possibly be able to use that to get your foot in a door somewhere that you couldn't on your own. 

For instance, if someone is looking to move to my area and is interested in doing something related to my field, I might be able to get their name to the top of a list of resumes or get them a second look essentially. 

Basically just making connections that you may or may not be able to use in the future. Who knows, someone could be interviewing with or looking to hire one of my clients and I may be able to lend a hand in the process.

Clarification received and appreciated, thanks.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Hi, my name is TJ, I live in the Panhandle, I work in what many would consider banking and really can't be much more specific than that, and I'm now officially a cryptocurrency miner, which may not may not be considered a conflict of interest with my day job.

(12-06-2017, 01:15 PM)TJBender Wrote: Hi, my name is TJ, I live in the Panhandle, I work in what many would consider banking and really can't be much more specific than that, and I'm now officially a cryptocurrency miner, which may not may not be considered a conflict of interest with my day job.

Is it worthwhile to mine at this point? Everything I've read is that the cost for a right powerful enough to really mine, you'd be better off just investing it in the currency itself
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2017, 01:39 PM by Dakota.)

Dakota worked throughout the aviation industry until 2015. He has a BS from Southern Illinois University in aviation (Go Flying Salukis!). He has a MS in aviation safety from Embry Riddle Aviation University.

Since 2-23-2015, Dakota has become a cancer warrior. That is when he was diagnosed with stage 4 Renal Cell Carcinoma. Still  fighting, but it costs close to 25,000 per month to keep me alive. I don't know how long that will hold up.

I do however, donate much of my time to a project in the midwest. My family, along with I, donated close to 200 acres of natural land in southwestern Michigan to be a nature preserve. I am active with this, and often travel up to Michigan to help and oversee various projects.

http://swmlc.org/project/portman-nature-preserve/
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(12-06-2017, 01:24 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 01:15 PM)TJBender Wrote: Hi, my name is TJ, I live in the Panhandle, I work in what many would consider banking and really can't be much more specific than that, and I'm now officially a cryptocurrency miner, which may not may not be considered a conflict of interest with my day job.

Is it worthwhile to mine at this point? Everything I've read is that the cost for a right powerful enough to really mine, you'd be better off just investing it in the currency itself

Depends on the coin.

(12-06-2017, 12:21 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: As I prepare to being my MBA studies and continue looking at my future career, I figured, let's expand this professional network. 

MBA ?  You may want to go back and retake your 3rd grade English course.

Big Grin 

(12-06-2017, 01:47 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 12:21 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: As I prepare to being my MBA studies and continue looking at my future career, I figured, let's expand this professional network. 

I don't get it. Then again, I have been married for quite some time now.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(12-06-2017, 01:47 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

I would chalk that up to autocorrect changing begin to being.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-06-2017, 02:30 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 01:47 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: MBA ?  You may want to go back and retake your 3rd grade English course.

I would chalk that up to autocorrect changing begin to being.

HA !!   Just be careful when you text your friend to let her know that you're coming over @ sex

It's been done already. It's called linkedin.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-06-2017, 08:52 PM)hb1148 Wrote: It's been done already. It's called linkedin.

Well then everyone feel free to post your LinkedIn profiles if you want. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthew-vannostran-75457b21
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Anyone here in the AdTech field?

Rough crowd.

I'm nobody important but I run auto repair shops. I have a BS in business from Daytona state. Not a master tech by any means but I've been doing it long enough I effectively manage techs, sales people and the overall operations of a decent size shop. Started out changing oil in an independent shop 10 years ago and worked my way into management. I now run a corporate chain store, eventually I'd like to have my own shop one day.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]