Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 14

Week # 13 Results
Overall Results: 31-8

Week # 14 Selections:
Buffalo
Houston
Tennessee
Seattle

I hope the Jaguars give me a loss in this week's selections.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'll take

Indy (bc of Peterman)
Houston
Arizona
Jax

1-1 last week

26-13 overall.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-10-2017, 12:47 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'll take

Indy (bc of Peterman)
Houston
Arizona
Jax

1-1 last week

26-13 overall.

I hope you hit on all these picks.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-07-2017, 04:51 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 06:43 PM)Bullseye Wrote: After winning the 3rd quarter of the season despite a loss in Arizona, the Jaguars enter the home stretch of the season smack dab in the middle of the playoff hunt, currently tied record wise for first place in the AFC South at 8-4.  As it now stands, we lose the tiebreaker over the tacks due to the week 2 loss to them, but we have the tiebreakers over the Chargers and Ravens.  But we'd of course like to have the division crown, a home playoff game, and possibly a first round bye, so we've got to win these games. The tacks have a similar schedule to us down the road, except they host the Rams in week 16 for their tough game before the closing tough game against us.  Meanwhile, toe Texans and Colts occupy their rightful places in the AFC South cellar, playing out the string.

My picks...

Colts (3-9) at Bills (6-6)-The Colts were officially eliminated from the playoffs after losing 30-10 to the Jaguars.  There is rampant speculation that Colts' coach Chuck Pagano will be fired after the season, and there is also some chatter as to whether the team may prepare to move on from Andrew Luck next year. Meanwhile, the Bills, while still in the playoff hunt, are about as listless as a team could be this time of year while still technically being in it.  They are 1-4 in their last five games, only beating an equally listless and collapsing Chiefs team.  Their run defense has gone downhill since trading Marcell Dareus to the Jaguars, and QB Tyrod Taylor has had 50 and 60 yard passing games in back to back weeks.  Will they use his knee injury to return to Nathan Peterman, who had a disastrous debut at the Chargers a few weeks back?  Bills win 17-14.

49ers (2-10) at Texans (4-8)A bottom feeding team that gained a possible franchise QB in Garoppolo faces another bottom feeding team that lost a possible franchise QB in Watson.  Maybe this is a case of the devil I know being better than the one I don't, but I think the Texans win 20-13.

tacks (8-4) at Cardinals (5-7)-The Cardinals could win this game, but since I picked the tacks to lose in an upset last week, I don't have the nerve to do it again this week.  tacks win 24-14.

Seahawks (8-4) at Jaguars (8-4)-In the week's premier match up in the division, two teams in serious playoff contention meet in Everbank Field.  Listening to the talking heads, it would appear the team are opposites of each other, where people think aside from QB, the Seahawks are an average at best team, as opposed to the Jaguars, where people are think aside from QB, the Jaguars are a potential Super Bowl team.  I think Seattle's secondary has been decimated by injury, but their front seven and Earl Thomas are still worthy of respect, while Wilson absolutely terrifies me and is getting major talk for league MVP consideration.  On Special Teams, I am also worried about Lockett.  While the Jaguars receivers have struggled with drops, I think if the OL can provide good protection, the receivers can get open, while the athleticism of the Jaguars' DEs and LBs can help keep Wilson in check better than most.   In the closest thing to a playoff game the Jaguars have hosted since 1999, the Jaguars beat the Hawks 23-21.

Last week:  2-0
Overall:  23-16

Colts
49ers
Cardinals
Have to go jags. 

18-3 overall
1-1 last week

Must have went a little crazy when making these picks (talking about the Colts). I meant to change to the Bill earlier last week, but forgot. I will take the outcome tho: Jags 1-0, Rest of AFC South 0-3
3-1 this week
21-4 overall

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(12-07-2017, 06:27 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 23-8 overall.  this week i will go with

Bills they are at home

Texans are at home as well plus sf isn't that good.

the next 2 games are tough to call. both could go either way. for all four teams. with that being said i will go with. due to my very bad weekend. I had a terrbille weekend. must keep faith though in jags.

Cards

Jags
3-1 this week

26-9 overall.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-10-2017, 12:47 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'll take

Indy (bc of Peterman)
Houston
Arizona
Jax

1-1 last week

26-13 overall.

2-2. I'll take it since the two I got right we're Jax winning and Tennessee losing!

28-15
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

3-1 this week, making me 30-13. Yeah!

(12-06-2017, 06:43 PM)Bullseye Wrote: After winning the 3rd quarter of the season despite a loss in Arizona, the Jaguars enter the home stretch of the season smack dab in the middle of the playoff hunt, currently tied record wise for first place in the AFC South at 8-4.  As it now stands, we lose the tiebreaker over the tacks due to the week 2 loss to them, but we have the tiebreakers over the Chargers and Ravens.  But we'd of course like to have the division crown, a home playoff game, and possibly a first round bye, so we've got to win these games. The tacks have a similar schedule to us down the road, except they host the Rams in week 16 for their tough game before the closing tough game against us.  Meanwhile, toe Texans and Colts occupy their rightful places in the AFC South cellar, playing out the string.

My picks...

Colts (3-9) at Bills (6-6)-The Colts were officially eliminated from the playoffs after losing 30-10 to the Jaguars.  There is rampant speculation that Colts' coach Chuck Pagano will be fired after the season, and there is also some chatter as to whether the team may prepare to move on from Andrew Luck next year. Meanwhile, the Bills, while still in the playoff hunt, are about as listless as a team could be this time of year while still technically being in it.  They are 1-4 in their last five games, only beating an equally listless and collapsing Chiefs team.  Their run defense has gone downhill since trading Marcell Dareus to the Jaguars, and QB Tyrod Taylor has had 50 and 60 yard passing games in back to back weeks.  Will they use his knee injury to return to Nathan Peterman, who had a disastrous debut at the Chargers a few weeks back?  Bills win 17-14.

49ers (2-10) at Texans (4-8)A bottom feeding team that gained a possible franchise QB in Garoppolo faces another bottom feeding team that lost a possible franchise QB in Watson.  Maybe this is a case of the devil I know being better than the one I don't, but I think the Texans win 20-13.

tacks (8-4) at Cardinals (5-7)-The Cardinals could win this game, but since I picked the tacks to lose in an upset last week, I don't have the nerve to do it again this week.  tacks win 24-14.

Seahawks (8-4) at Jaguars (8-4)-In the week's premier match up in the division, two teams in serious playoff contention meet in Everbank Field.  Listening to the talking heads, it would appear the team are opposites of each other, where people think aside from QB, the Seahawks are an average at best team, as opposed to the Jaguars, where people are think aside from QB, the Jaguars are a potential Super Bowl team.  I think Seattle's secondary has been decimated by injury, but their front seven and Earl Thomas are still worthy of respect, while Wilson absolutely terrifies me and is getting major talk for league MVP consideration.  On Special Teams, I am also worried about Lockett.  While the Jaguars receivers have struggled with drops, I think if the OL can provide good protection, the receivers can get open, while the athleticism of the Jaguars' DEs and LBs can help keep Wilson in check better than most.   In the closest thing to a playoff game the Jaguars have hosted since 1999, the Jaguars beat the Hawks 23-21.

Last week:  2-0
Overall:  23-16

This week:  2-2 and how sweet it is!

Overall:  25-18

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-08-2017, 02:32 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: For me, all of these games are too close to call.  Therefore, coin flips coming up...

(heads=home team, tails=traveling team)

Game #1 (Colts @ Bills) = TAILS = Colts
Game #2 (49ers @ Texans) = TAILS = 49ers
Game #3 (Titans @ Cardinals) = TAILS = Titans
Game #4 (Seahawks @ Jaguars) = TAILS = Seahawks

...guess this quarter doesn't like home teams <shrug>

Oh, and 2-0 last week, 29-10 overall.

Super glad our Jags were able to hang on for the win!!

1-3 this week, 30-13 overall.  Gonna ditch that quarter as soon as I run across a candy machine.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(12-08-2017, 08:29 AM)Perkolater Wrote: 25-14 overall

This week:

Bills - At home against a Colts team with nothing to play for.
49ers - I just think Garoppolo gets it done.
cards - just a feeling
hawks - Hate to say it, but at home, late game, cold weather, just think we come out flat again.

Glad to be completely wrong on my hawks pick!

3-1 this week. 28-15 overall.

(12-06-2017, 10:22 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This is kind of a difficult week to pick.  There is so much on the line and so many possibilities.

Colts @ Bills - In my mind this game is pretty much a "toss up".  Neither team is really as bad as their record and both teams kind of remind me of the Jaguars from recent past.  I initially thought that the Colts would pull this one off, but since it's in Buffalo I'll take the home team.

49ers @ Texans - Two bottom feeders fighting for draft position.  It's a matter of which team has players with more "pride" and wants to win this game.  The 49'ers are also starting a new QB.  I'll take the Texans in this one.

Cardinals @ Titans - The Titans have somehow "scratched, clawed, crawled" their way to get to where they are in the standings.  The have played far too many games from behind against mediocre teams at best to win in the 4th quarter.  I just don't see them able to sustain that.  The Cardinals on the other hand have played some good football despite losing their star running back and starting quarterback.  I see the Titans losing this one.

Seahawks @ Jaguars - If there is a "trap game" in the Jaguars' schedule this is it.  This is a game where the Jaguars have to play well in all 3 phases of the game.  While the Seahawks' defense is down a few players, they still have a very good defense and their offense is capable of making things happen.  Russell Wilson is no joke and I believe the Jaguars are taking that into account.  I can see this as being a low scoring game and a battle of defenses.  I like our Jaguars in this game IF Blake Bortles and the rest of the offense comes to play.

TLDR;

Bills
Texans
Cardinals
Jaguars

3-1 This week
30-13 Overall

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(12-06-2017, 07:14 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Last week 2-0
Overall 30-9

Bills over Colts
Texans over 49ers
Cardinals over Titans
Seahawks over Jaguars

2-2 this week
Overall 32-11
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.