Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kirk Cousins or Blake Bortles

(12-08-2017, 04:10 PM)atburg Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 03:25 PM)JackCity Wrote: Because I'm comparing the mistakes they make. Not the actual QBs and their track record.  Try again Atburg, you'll get there some day...

It was an honest question, I can see feelings are starting to get hurt.

I'm closer to "there" than you want to believe. You just called Cousins " Borderline elite", not even top 15. And that is throwing out guys like Dalton, Dak, and Winston who all could make a case as better than Cousins.
No I've remained calm and correct throughout our discussion.  

Dalton and Winston don't have a case as better than Cousins though. They are objectively worse.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2017, 06:57 PM by atburg.)

(12-08-2017, 06:44 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 04:10 PM)atburg Wrote: It was an honest question, I can see feelings are starting to get hurt.

I'm closer to "there" than you want to believe. You just called Cousins " Borderline elite", not even top 15. And that is throwing out guys like Dalton, Dak, and Winston who all could make a case as better than Cousins.
No I've remained calm and correct throughout our discussion.  

Dalton and Winston don't have a case as better than Cousins though. They are objectively worse.

I did leave it at make a case, but you are probably right. Overall he is better than Blake ( he was not in the 15 I was talking about) , but I said from the start I'm not sure our record would be any better than 8-4. Just have a really hard time with the 30 million.

(12-08-2017, 06:55 PM)atburg Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 06:44 PM)JackCity Wrote: No I've remained calm and correct throughout our discussion.  

I did leave it at make a case, but you are probably right. Overall he is better than Blake ( he was not in the 15 I was talking about) , but I said from the start I'm not sure our record would be any better than 8-4. Just have a really hard time with the 30 million.

Put it this way, QB is the most important and influential position on the field. In this scenario we would be upgrading from a below average QB to an above average QB and playing this season again. 

Theres no way our record stays 8-4 in this hypothetical scenario.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2017, 10:14 PM by atburg.)

(12-08-2017, 07:33 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 06:55 PM)atburg Wrote: I did leave it at make a case, but you are probably right. Overall he is better than Blake ( he was not in the 15 I was talking about) , but I said from the start I'm not sure our record would be any better than 8-4. Just have a really hard time with the 30 million.

Put it this way, QB is the most important and influential position on the field. In this scenario we would be upgrading from a below average QB to an above average QB and playing this season again. 

You might be looking at another win (Cards) or 2 (Jets, although the big runs were backbreaking) , but the Rams, and Titans (maybe , maybe not as it was far from over at the half) are probably still losses. Looking at it this way, bye would possibly be in reach. On the other hand, he could have laid an egg in any of our wins. Tough call, could go either way.

(12-08-2017, 10:11 PM)atburg Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 07:33 PM)JackCity Wrote: Put it this way, QB is the most important and influential position on the field. In this scenario we would be upgrading from a below average QB to an above average QB and playing this season again. 

You might be looking at another win (Cards) or 2 (Jets, although the big runs were backbreaking) , but the Rams, and Titans (maybe , maybe not as it was far from over at the half) are probably still losses. Looking at it this way, bye would possibly be in reach. On the other hand, he could have laid an egg in any of our wins. Tough call, could go either way.

We had multiple chances to drive down the field against the Rams.  

Not sure you realise the effect an above average QB could have on this team Vs a below average QB. If you put Kirk on this team playing how he is now you'd be looking at us as super bowl contenders.  

QB is the Achilles heel of this team. Putting a good QB in that spot would yield enormous rewards for every part of the team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-08-2017, 10:25 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 10:11 PM)atburg Wrote: You might be looking at another win (Cards) or 2 (Jets, although the big runs were backbreaking) , but the Rams, and Titans (maybe , maybe not as it was far from over at the half) are probably still losses. Looking at it this way, bye would possibly be in reach. On the other hand, he could have laid an egg in any of our wins. Tough call, could go either way.

We had multiple chances to drive down the field against the Rams.  

Not sure you realise the effect an above average QB could have on this team Vs a below average QB. If you put Kirk on this team playing how he is now you'd be looking at us as super bowl contenders.  

QB is the Achilles heel of this team. Putting a good QB in that spot would yield enormous rewards for every part of the team.

Not necessarily,  unless those red zone numbers changed with a team change.

(12-09-2017, 11:00 PM)atburg Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 10:25 PM)JackCity Wrote: We had multiple chances to drive down the field against the Rams.  

Not necessarily,  unless those red zone numbers changed with a team change.

You disagree that having a good QB instead of Bortles would yield enormous rewards for every part of the team? I'd make all our receivers better. All our backs better. And all of our defense better.  

Cousins has been good in the redzone. Has 15 TDs , 2 Interceptions (one of which was a horrible drop by his receiver ). 54% completion rate. Bortles is 12 TDs , 0 picks, 52%