Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
RANT about stupid drivers

(12-09-2017, 03:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-09-2017, 03:19 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: So, what happened was my husband was going down the road (55mph speed limit) and this car is coming from his right. He slows down some as a guy pulls out making a right turn but hauls [BLEEP] to get out of his way. Then the car he hit is coming from the same road on the right. She hesitates but then hits the gas and pulls out in front of him making a LEFT TURN. He hit her on the driver side and she wasn't wearing a seat belt. Dumb cow. On so many levels. I hope she's learned a lesson. 

That road they were coming off of clearly has a stop sign and the Highway Patrol officer said she was most definitely at fault. It's a dangerous road and most people don't understand why the speed limit is 55mph because there are a lot of side roads. 

The thing is, this is not an isolated incident. He said that's the fourth close call he's had this month with people just pulling out in front of him and he was able to swerve or hit the brakes to avoid hitting them because the speed limit was much lower. I know this happens to me a lot and I see it happen a lot. People running signs and lights, pulling out thinking your going to slow down, etc. There was a lady the other day who blatantly ran a red light in a left turn lane. She was waiting for oncoming traffic to pass and she made that left turn on red. I've had people behind me honk because I stopped at a yellow light that I knew was turning red any second. I've had people honk at me for stopping at a stop sign. Seriously. 

Stuff like this is the only reason why I would be okay with the "red light cameras" because it's becoming such a serious problem. If people had to pay a fine and their DL and insurance suffered as a result of their stupidity maybe they would think twice about their choices.

Did the dumb cow get hurt?

She was complaining of hip pain when they were loading her into the ambulance. I don't wish ill will toward her, I just hope she learned a lesson.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Glad to hear your husband is okay. As someone who rides a motorcycle regularly in this town, one of my biggest concerns when riding is the idiot who decides to pull out from a side street and doesn't bother to pay attention. Jacksonville has arguably some of the worst drivers in the country. I can attest to this from personal experience. Distracted drivers are everywhere. Trying to maneuver 1,000 lbs of motorcycle through some of the traps they create can be tedious. I've had many close calls because people just don't pay attention, so when I hear of others who have actually been victimized by this, it really irks me.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017, 01:22 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(12-07-2017, 02:18 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: If they're in Florida, I believe Florida is a no-fault state and everyone's insurance is responsible for their own damage, regardless of who is at fault.

That's not how it works.  If it can be determined that 1 driver is at fault, their insurance company pays for the damages to both vehicles.

(12-08-2017, 09:25 AM)Monty Wrote: Farah&Farah?  Morgan&Morgan?

I'd say go get the Dream Team if they all weren't burning in hell right now.

[Image: 51991364.jpg]

(12-11-2017, 01:16 PM)FBT Wrote: Glad to hear your husband is okay.  As someone who rides a motorcycle regularly in this town, one of my biggest concerns when riding is the idiot who decides to pull out from a side street and doesn't bother to pay attention.  Jacksonville has arguably some of the worst drivers in the country.  I can attest to this from personal experience.  Distracted drivers are everywhere.  Trying to maneuver 1,000 lbs of motorcycle through some of the traps they create can be tedious.  I've had many close calls because people just don't pay attention, so when I hear of others who have actually been victimized by this, it really irks me.

I have a very loud aftermarket horn on my bike. I've used it on a few occasions when (usually young) drivers rolls up to a stop sign while continuously looking down. It get's their heads up and one even waved to me.

(12-11-2017, 01:16 PM)FBT Wrote: Glad to hear your husband is okay.  As someone who rides a motorcycle regularly in this town, one of my biggest concerns when riding is the idiot who decides to pull out from a side street and doesn't bother to pay attention.  Jacksonville has arguably some of the worst drivers in the country.  I can attest to this from personal experience.  Distracted drivers are everywhere.  Trying to maneuver 1,000 lbs of motorcycle through some of the traps they create can be tedious.  I've had many close calls because people just don't pay attention, so when I hear of others who have actually been victimized by this, it really irks me.

Thank you. 

My ex-husband had a motorcycle when we lived in Jacksonville, at one point it was our only mode of transportation, and sometimes it freaked me out to ride on that thing in Duval traffic. He was an excellent driver and that's the only reason I would ride on it with him. That, and the distraction level of drivers didn't seem to be as bad back then. There is no way in hell I'd ride a bike around there now. Please be safe and stay aware!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!