Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Browns fire GM but decide to keep Hue Jackson

Browns being the Browns.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2017, 07:23 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(12-07-2017, 04:29 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Most coaches wouldn't survive his record in Cleveland. I will say despite the wins not being there, the Browns are playing tough and staying in games and I also thought he did a good job with a weak roster in his 1 year as head coach with the Raiders back in 2011 taking them to 8-8. He had Carson Palmer at QB for part of that year. He really hasn't had anyone of note behind center since he's been in Cleveland.

All I can surmise is it must have been Sashi's decision alone to pass on Wentz two years ago and to trade out of the 12th pick this year and allow the Texans to get Watson. If Hue had supported those decisions behind the scenes, I can't imagine him still being there. I'm guessing he probably wasn't in favor of either of those moves. Kizer seemed like a pick they probably went away from their board for since all the other QBs were already gone.

Haslem seems to make all the wrong moves so maybe keeping Hue is just a continuation of that, but I don't think he's that bad. I don't like him as much as I like the job Todd Bowles has done in New York, but I do like Hue.

First of all, last year was not two years ago. Carson Wentz is a 2016 draft pick.

The Raiders also had a hard time keeping the same coach long enough. A little patience in the front office could have helped him because he managed to avoid a losing record. It isn't good when a QB like CP can't keep the starting job though and Hue Jackson was one of several head coaches who could not settle on a signal caller in Oakland.

Back to the draft. Jackson was the only HC to attend  NDSU's Pro Day because bad weather disrupted travel plans for the other 31. Cleveland was among only 12 teams that made it. What does that tell you about Sashi Brown overriding Jackson's interest in Wentz? Clearly Jackson knew enough about Wentz to be more interested in him than Brown.

(12-08-2017, 07:21 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 04:29 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Most coaches wouldn't survive his record in Cleveland. I will say despite the wins not being there, the Browns are playing tough and staying in games and I also thought he did a good job with a weak roster in his 1 year as head coach with the Raiders back in 2011 taking them to 8-8. He had Carson Palmer at QB for part of that year. He really hasn't had anyone of note behind center since he's been in Cleveland.

All I can surmise is it must have been Sashi's decision alone to pass on Wentz two years ago and to trade out of the 12th pick this year and allow the Texans to get Watson. If Hue had supported those decisions behind the scenes, I can't imagine him still being there. I'm guessing he probably wasn't in favor of either of those moves. Kizer seemed like a pick they probably went away from their board for since all the other QBs were already gone.

Haslem seems to make all the wrong moves so maybe keeping Hue is just a continuation of that, but I don't think he's that bad. I don't like him as much as I like the job Todd Bowles has done in New York, but I do like Hue.

First of all, last year was not two years ago. Carson Wentz is a 2016 draft pick.

The Raiders also had a hard time keeping the same coach long enough. A little patience in the front office could have helped him because he managed to avoid a losing record. It isn't good when a QB like CP can't keep the starting job though and Hue Jackson was one of several head coaches who could not settle on a signal caller in Oakland.

Back to the draft. Jackson was the only HC to attend  NDSU's Pro Day because bad weather disrupted travel plans for the other 31. Cleveland was among only 12 teams that made it. What does that tell you about Sashi Brown overriding Jackson's interest in Wentz? Clearly Jackson knew enough about Wentz to be more interested in him than Brown.

You come off so salty all the time. Relax mama. Using the time period “2 years ago” to reference the draft that happened prior to the most recent one is perfectly acceptable and 99.9% of people wouldn’t have felt the need to “correct” me for it.

Your recollection of Hue’s season as HC in Oakland is incorrect.  He had Jason Campbell as starter for the first 6 games and lost him due to injury for the season.  They then traded two 1sts to Cincinnati for Palmer who was holding out and demanding a trade and he started the rest of the season for them.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2017, 11:23 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(12-08-2017, 08:37 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 07:21 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: First of all, last year was not two years ago. Carson Wentz is a 2016 draft pick.

You come off so salty all the time. Relax mama. Using the time period “2 years ago” to reference the draft that happened prior to the most recent one is perfectly acceptable and 99.9% of people wouldn’t have felt the need to “correct” me for it.

Your recollection of Hue’s season as HC in Oakland is incorrect.  He had Jason Campbell as starter for the first 6 games and lost him due to injury for the season.  They then traded two 1sts to Cincinnati for Palmer who was holding out and demanding a trade and he started the rest of the season for them.

Two years ago is NEVER acceptable becaues it is a lie. Everyone knows it was in 2016, not 2015. It was in 2016 and nothing else matters.

I did not say Carson Palmer was the first QB Hue Jackson started. If Palmer was the last QB to start that year, I stand corrected.

(12-08-2017, 11:11 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 08:37 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: You come off so salty all the time. Relax mama. Using the time period “2 years ago” to reference the draft that happened prior to the most recent one is perfectly acceptable and 99.9% of people wouldn’t have felt the need to “correct” me for it.

Two years ago is NEVER acceptable becaues it is a lie. Everyone knows it was in 2016, not 2015. It was in 2016 and nothing else matters.

I did not say Carson Palmer was the first QB Hue Jackson started. If Palmer was the last QB to start that year, I stand corrected.

You throw the “lie” word around a lot.  From your use of it here I’m guessing you don’t have a working definition of what the word means.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2017, 12:09 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

(12-08-2017, 11:32 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 11:11 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Two years ago is NEVER acceptable becaues it is a lie. Everyone knows it was in 2016, not 2015. It was in 2016 and nothing else matters.

You throw the “lie” word around a lot.  From your use of it here I’m guessing you don’t have a working definition of what the word means.

Do I have to use proper names every time instead of male pronouns? C'mon, man.

Never mind. I read the word wrong because of the stupid font change when this site was upgraded.

Is Kenny Britt worth anything or nah i saw they cut him.
No Fun

(12-08-2017, 11:32 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 11:11 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Two years ago is NEVER acceptable becaues it is a lie. Everyone knows it was in 2016, not 2015. It was in 2016 and nothing else matters.

Just par for the course. I doubt any board rules cover things like demeaning and belittling.

What do I know though?...
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(12-09-2017, 10:50 AM)Dakota Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 11:32 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: You throw the “lie” word around a lot. From your use of it here I’m guessing you don’t have a working definition of what the word means.

Just par for the course. I doubt any board rules cover things like demeaning and belittling.

What do I know though?

Even if that was true, it would not make treating me like crap the right thing to do. And in fact they do cover treating people like crap - including some things you have done. I know, and you can't convince me otherwise, that you know this is in the rules and have done exactly that to me numerous times. Are you not a former moderator?

Now let's get back to the topic. I don't want to discuss it any further.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2017, 12:13 AM by TJBender.)

(12-10-2017, 12:07 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Even if that was true, it would not make treating me like crap the right thing to do. And in fact they do cover treating people like crap - including some things you have done. I know, and you can't convince me otherwise, that you know this is in the rules and have done exactly that to me numerous times. Are you not a former moderator?

Now let's get back to the topic. I don't want to discuss it any further.

Stop dragging threads off topic. We were having a conversation about Hue Jackson's future before you came along and sidetracked things with your "look at me" nonsense. It's disrespectful to everyone else on the forum when you act like that.

(12-09-2017, 06:31 AM)nhiverson Wrote: Is Kenny Britt worth anything or nah i saw they cut him.

Nah. He offers little beyond what our top four receivers do. Let someone else make him their headache.

(12-10-2017, 12:13 AM)TJBender Wrote: Stop dragging threads off topic. We were having a conversation about Hue Jackson's future before you came along and sidetracked things with your "look at me" nonsense. It's disrespectful to everyone else on the forum when you act like that.

Drop it. I also came here to talk about Hue Jackson's future and did so. We don't need to continue aruging about it in a thread.

(12-09-2017, 06:31 AM)nhiverson Wrote: Is Kenny Britt worth anything or nah i saw they cut him.

Nah. He offers little beyond what our top four receivers do. Let someone else make him their headache.

If the Browns don't want a player, there are two possibilities:

1. They are incompetent talent evaluators.
2. The player is not worth being a Jaguar.