Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jericho Cotchery - Should we kick the tires?

Jags could really do with some added playmakers on offense. Really should consider signing Jericho Cotchery. 

Sure he's old but he's a safe pair of hands and has playmaking ability. 

- Ran a 4.5 back in 2004. 36 inch vert. 

- Only had less than 200 yards receiving once in his career. 

- Playoff + super bowl pedigree. 

- Vet receiver to coach up our young guys.  

- Well known around the league as an excellent billiards player. 

- Runs a charity for the elderly called "Cotchery Care". 

Currently coaching with the panthers right now but could be coaxed into playing for the right deal..would be a big boost to us. 

Thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Heard Rice is available at the right price.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I wonder if Steve Largent can still ball

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2017, 02:55 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

we starting this again?

Man crush? you should of just bumped one of your other threads

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...t=Cotchery

(12-09-2017, 02:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: we starting this again?

Man crush?  you should of just bumped one of your other threads

No shame in loving a great player like Cotchery. Would give our offense a huge boost.

Simple answer........... no.

(12-09-2017, 05:33 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Simple answer........... no.

Why not??

(12-09-2017, 05:59 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-09-2017, 05:33 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Simple answer........... no.

Why not??

Cheap or not, I'd rather save every penny we can to pay for "difference makers." Jericho Cotchery is "just a guy." At this point in his career, I don't think he'd make it off the bench that much and I view him as an older, slower version of Dede Westbrook. I just don't see what he could offer from a more expensive veteran contract, that a rookie couldn't offer in a much cheaper deal. Maybe I'm being pessimistic or maybe i'm just a realist, but as well as we've done this year, I see us with a limited ceiling as long as Bortles is out QB. I believe a better QB would make our existing receivers better. As I've said before, I believe we will probably get knocked out of the playoffs fairly early. I wouldn't be too upset though, because we have far outdone what was expected this year and things only appear to be improving. Coming out of the offseason with a new starting QB and an addition or two on the offensive line and TE would immediately make us Super Bowl contenders and that is the goal. Wasting money, even a small amount on an insignificant receiver just doesn't make sense to me, when we are so close to having a complete team.

(12-09-2017, 03:20 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-09-2017, 02:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: we starting this again?

Man crush?  you should of just bumped one of your other threads

No shame in loving a great player like Cotchery. Would give our offense a huge boost.

Great player?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2017, 04:53 PM by JackCity.)

(12-09-2017, 06:57 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-09-2017, 05:59 AM)JackCity Wrote: Why not??

Cheap or not, I'd rather save every penny we can to pay for "difference makers." Jericho Cotchery is "just a guy." At this point in his career, I don't think he'd make it off the bench that much and I view him as an older, slower version of Dede Westbrook. I just don't see what he could offer from a more expensive veteran contract, that a rookie couldn't offer in a much cheaper deal. Maybe I'm being pessimistic or maybe i'm just a realist, but as well as we've done this year, I see us with a limited ceiling as long as Bortles is out QB. I believe a better QB would make our existing receivers better. As I've said before, I believe we will probably get knocked out of the playoffs fairly early. I wouldn't be too upset though, because we have far outdone what was expected this year and things only appear to be improving. Coming out of the offseason with a new starting QB and an addition or two on the offensive line and TE would immediately make us Super Bowl contenders and that is the goal. Wasting money, even a small amount on an insignificant receiver just doesn't make sense to me, when we are so close to having a complete team.

Smile

(12-09-2017, 07:31 AM)Rico Wrote:
(12-09-2017, 03:20 AM)JackCity Wrote: No shame in loving a great player like Cotchery. Would give our offense a huge boost.

Great player?

Only below 200 receiving yards once in his career. Magnificent player.

I ran a 4.5 back in '04 too.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2017, 07:35 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I'd rather being back Cecil Shorts

There is a reason he didn't play last year, not very good. Far from great

(12-09-2017, 07:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd rather being back Cecil Shorts

There is a reason he didn't play last year, not very good.  Far from great

Very dependable. Deceptively explosive. Would let us move on from Arob this year and teach all our young bucks how to play the position.

(12-09-2017, 07:39 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-09-2017, 07:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd rather being back Cecil Shorts

There is a reason he didn't play last year, not very good.  Far from great

Very dependable. Deceptively explosive. Would let us move on from Arob this year and teach all our young bucks how to play the position.

Oh yeah, I guy that's about to be 36 this summer and when he played was an average WR is gonna allow us to move on from ARob.  We have Keenan teaching these young guys how to play the position, Cole and Westbrook look to be getting better each week.  Keenan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cotchery.

Would rather sign TO honestly, who was a better receiver in his sleep and is still in great shape

(12-09-2017, 07:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-09-2017, 07:39 PM)JackCity Wrote: Very dependable. Deceptively explosive. Would let us move on from Arob this year and teach all our young bucks how to play the position.

Oh yeah, I guy that's about to be 36 this summer and when he played was an average WR is gonna allow us to move on from ARob.  We have Keenan teaching these young guys how to play the position, Cole and Westbrook look to be getting better each week.  Keenan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cotchery.

Would rather sign TO honestly, who was a better receiver in his sleep and is still in great shape

Strong hands + playoff experience >>>>>. 

Cotchery might be a pro bowler this year if we signed him in the offseason like I said

Man, these fake aquisition threads bring back the nostalgia for the bad old days, huh?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato