Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Font Size

I'm ok there's no font size option on the toolbar so that we're all stuck using the same size, but does that one size have to be so tiny?

I know this was mentioned by a couple posters in another board fixes thread, but I don't know if there's any intent to even eventually fix this. It's simply way too small. Look at any other text anywhere on the web. It's never, ever, this small.

For a quick reference, compare the text size of the '02 in my sig, which carried over from the prior board, to the text in this reply. 
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It is not just the font size as in 10 point, 12 point, etc. but also the font type. Here is an example:

Times New Roam 12
Arial 12

I don't know what font family we have now, but it is certainly harder to read than Arial.

(12-09-2017, 12:47 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I'm ok there's no font size option on the toolbar so that we're all stuck using the same size, but does that one size have to be so tiny?

I know this was mentioned by a couple posters in another board fixes thread, but I don't know if there's any intent to even eventually fix this. It's simply way too small. Look at any other text anywhere on the web. It's never, ever, this small.

For a quick reference, compare the text size of the '02 in my sig, which carried over from the prior board, to the text in this reply. 

I've been looking at this issue this morning.  Hopefully I'll have a fix shortly.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

If you click through to the full editor, you can select font size of the text.

That being said, I would not advise that you change the font size of all your posts as once we can figure out what to do with the font size for everyone, your posts will look weird. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=51]

Attached Files
.png   2017-12-10 10_40_04-Post Reply to Font Size.png (Size: 10.63 KB / Downloads: 33)

I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.

(12-09-2017, 12:47 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I'm ok there's no font size option on the toolbar so that we're all stuck using the same size, but does that one size have to be so tiny?

Out of curiosity, which web browser are you using?  Mobile or desktop?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-10-2017, 12:27 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Desktop for Chrome and Firefox seem to have an issue.  My mobile browser doesn't show the font in microscopic format. Of course, at my age reading glasses are needed regardless.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(12-10-2017, 01:09 PM)FBT Wrote:
(12-10-2017, 12:27 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Out of curiosity, which web browser are you using?  Mobile or desktop?

Desktop for Chrome and Firefox seem to have an issue.  My mobile browser doesn't show the font in microscopic format. Of course, at my age reading glasses are needed regardless.

My normal browser is Chrome on Linux.  The font does look a bit small to me.  However, when I look at the website using Firefox and/or my phone and tablet the fonts look fine.

(12-10-2017, 11:47 AM)Superuser Wrote: If you click through to the full editor, you can select font size of the text.

That being said, I would not advise that you change the font size of all your posts as once we can figure out what to do with the font size for everyone, your posts will look weird. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=51]

Not sure how I totally missed that.

(12-10-2017, 12:27 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

I'm using Firefox desktop. 
'02