Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trouble in tack town?

(12-12-2017, 07:26 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 07:19 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: Yep
So aside from his hamstring, what do you think Davis' issues are?
He's not match fit right now and isn't running NFL caliber routes, both can stem from the in injury. To add to that he's playing in an offense which is awful at scheming WRs open and making matchups and Mariota has been real bad from most of the year. 

Horrible situation for a rookie WR and he's not helping himself either.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017, 11:16 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(12-12-2017, 08:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The only positive for the Tacks is they have an elite QB.  All the other players and the organization is holding MariGOTA back, they need to lock him up to a big contract soon.

No doubt.  Nobody with 10 TDs and 14 Ints (76.9 QBR) is as smooth as he is.

Lock him up.  I'm think a 7.5-year $182,891,786 contract would be fair.

(12-12-2017, 11:17 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 10:42 PM)Dakota Wrote: This is sweet music to my ears. The more torment to that team, the better.

Yeah cuz the jags have been so good for so long. 
Stay classy jacksonville

You don't get it.

It's always fun to see the tacks struggle whether we are good or not.

Last year, we finished 3-13-a horrible season by any standard.

But our season finished on a high note when we effectively knocked you guys from playoff contention.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017, 11:56 AM by Bullseye.)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...d-surgery/

This may be part of the reason the tacks are struggling offensively.

(12-13-2017, 11:41 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 11:17 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: Yeah cuz the jags have been so good for so long. 
Stay classy jacksonville

You don't get it.

But our season finished on a high note when we effectively knocked you guys from playoff contention.

No i get it. I hated the jags last december. Maybe my jag hatred is lower now since the last time we played, the Titans whooped you all over your home field. I'm holding out hope for a championship game, i think even broken mariota wins that game.

(12-13-2017, 11:57 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 11:41 AM)Bullseye Wrote: You don't get it.

No i get it. I hated the jags last december. Maybe my jag hatred is lower now since the last time we played, the Titans whooped you all over your home field. I'm holding out hope for a championship game, i think even broken mariota wins that game.
Let's just say I like our chances against you guys.

(12-13-2017, 11:58 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 11:57 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: No i get it. I hated the jags last december. Maybe my jag hatred is lower now since the last time we played, the Titans whooped you all over your home field. I'm holding out hope for a championship game, i think even broken mariota wins that game.
Let's just say I like our chances against you guys.

Me too

(12-13-2017, 11:55 AM)Bullseye Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...d-surgery/

I mentioned this a few weeks back.  (not that he may need surgery, but that he wasn't really as much of a threat to run - and that was changing the dynamic of their offense)

To put it in the form of an Oehser-ism:

"A one dimensional Mariota is, well, one-dimensional."

(12-13-2017, 11:55 AM)Bullseye Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...d-surgery/

Thanks for posting. It shouldn't come as a surprise that he still might be dealing with an injury to that hamstring. As we know with Marqise Lee and other players, hamstring issues always have a way of staying around.

(12-12-2017, 11:17 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 10:42 PM)Dakota Wrote: This is sweet music to my ears. The more torment to that team, the better.

Yeah cuz the jags have been so good for so long. 
Stay classy jacksonville

Stay classy because he doesn't want your team to do well?

Has there ever been a phrase so overused?

Honestly, this makes zero sense.  You are on a Jacksonville Jaguars message board and you expect them to feel bad for you that your team is in second place in the division, especially after all the things your fan base has said here?  Get over yourself.

(12-13-2017, 01:10 PM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 11:17 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: Yeah cuz the jags have been so good for so long. 
Stay classy jacksonville

Stay classy because he doesn't want your team to do well?

Has there ever been a phrase so overused?

Honestly, this makes zero sense.  You are on a Jacksonville Jaguars message board and you expect them to feel bad for you that your team is in second place in the division, especially after all the things your fan base has said here?  Get over yourself.

Think you misunderstood my comment. Coachspeak

Still suffering from the ankle injury last year?  Ouch.  

Hamstrings are notorious for lingering.  

That definitely impacts the dynamic of that offense if he can't run full tilt.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I actually think Mariota is a above average QB, definitely doesn't look the same and I'm assuming he's just trying to tough it out. I'm not a big fan of there scheme, just very vanilla. Got a good te, power running backs, good OL, athletic QB, solid WR in decker, and the young guy in Davis. Idk, lot of talent but doesn't seem to click together.

If you read their message board, the Titans fans, or at least the ones posting in the following thread, seem to have completely written off the season.

"Here is the scenario.......
Jags lock up the division before the finale, the Titans are in if they win.
Jags rest all their key players and beat the Titans with their back-ups. "

http://www.titansreport.com/topic/29887-...d/?page=16

(12-13-2017, 12:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I mentioned this a few weeks back.  (not that he may need surgery, but that he wasn't really as much of a threat to run - and that was changing the dynamic of their offense)

The thing about Mariota is that that hasn't been his style of play at all in the NFL.  

He doesn't leave the pocket much unless everything else breaks down or on the odd keeper here and there.  

You'll rarely see him outside the pocket running around and creating like Rodgers or Wilson. More of a pure pocket passer who can run style wise.
The Tennessee offense hasn't been designed around him outside the pocket at all. For instance Bortles run more per game than Mariota does.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2017, 01:49 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-16-2017, 06:36 AM)ColoJag Wrote: I actually think Mariota is a above average QB, definitely doesn't look the same and I'm assuming he's just trying to tough it out. I'm not a big fan of there scheme, just very vanilla. Got a good te, power running backs, good OL, athletic QB, solid WR in decker, and the young guy in Davis. Idk, lot of talent but doesn't seem to click together.

Lol, Jags fans can only hope the Titans organization feels the same way as you do and locks him up to a huge contract.  Would begin the downward spiral of the Titans.  Mariota is straight trash, healthy or not

(12-16-2017, 12:10 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 12:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I mentioned this a few weeks back.  (not that he may need surgery, but that he wasn't really as much of a threat to run - and that was changing the dynamic of their offense)

The thing about Mariota is that that hasn't been his style of play at all in the NFL.  

He doesn't leave the pocket much unless everything else breaks down or on the odd keeper here and there.  

You'll rarely see him outside the pocket running around and creating like Rodgers or Wilson. More of a pure pocket passer who can run style wise.
The Tennessee offense hasn't been designed around him outside the pocket at all. For instance Bortles run more per game than Mariota does.
That's because teams are containing him and forcing him to throw from the pocket and we have seen the results as of late.  The only reason Bortles runs more is been because of his poor oline play the last few years and he was running for his life and to keep plays alive or make something out of nothing.  Teams aren't trying to spy and contain Bortles the way they do Mariota.