Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So proud of this team

(12-12-2017, 10:29 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 09:59 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: The crazy thing is, I bet guys like me and Brooklyn and others that you guys love to hate on, are the happiest of the group that we are winning.  We speak the truth because we truly deeply care and are passionate about this team.

When they are crap, we call them out on it.  People like you like to wrap the crap up in a pretty bow and pretend it's better than it is.

I also couldn't be prouder of this team.  I absolutely LOVE that this team is winning off the number 1 defense in the league, with the best corners (my favorite position) in the league, and a smash mouth running game.  I LOVE being a physically imposing team.  I love that our fans sent the scumbag seahawks home with some of their own medicine.

Have I been accurate in all my assessments of this team?  hell no, but neither has anyone else.  I called out Marrone and Coughlin for the Fournette benching, and boy was I wrong.

But just because we dont sing this teams praises when they stink, doesnt mean we dont care and get ecstatic when we win.  I bet we love it more than anyone.

Here's to locking up a home game where I will pay whatever it costs to go, and it'll be my first game in a long time, and boy they have earned my money this year without a doubt and I'll be happy to show them support through my wallet.

Wearing my Jags hoodie as we speak at work

In defense of Brklyn and Krayz, their posts this year generally seem to reflect what Krayz is saying here.  There have been instances of negativity, but overall, their tones have been less negative than they have been when the team was losing.  Not that I am taking a census or anything, but if/when this team wins the Super Bowl, either this year or next, I think both should be counted amongst the non bandwagon jumping fans, as opposed to the ones who invariably would hop on the bandwagon after we take home the Lombardi.

I mean, I would be pretty hurt if anyone tried to call me a bandwagon fan, call me whatever you want, but I have lived on this hell ride for the last 10 years, and threats may have been made, anger my have come out, but never once did I ever root for any other team (not counting when I was rooting for us for draft position after about week 4 of every year lmao)

there's no questioning where my loyalty lies and always has lied since I was a little kid 20 years ago

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 03:03 PM by Krayz_Jville_D.)

(12-12-2017, 12:29 PM)Perkolater Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 09:59 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: Here's to locking up a home game where I will pay whatever it costs to go, and it'll be my first game in a long time, and boy they have earned my money this year without a doubt and I'll be happy to show them support through my wallet.

I present to you the very definition of a bandwagon "fan".

choosing when to spend my money to go to games doesn't make me a band wagon fan... I couldnt stop rooting for this team if I tried, and trust me, over these past 10 years, it would have been much easier to do so, but once I am a fan of a team, I go to my grave with that team... You should hear the other teams I root for in other sports... absolutely none of them are perennial winners, in fact, they are all perennial losers, atleast over the last decade, and then maybe people would understand my passion/anger lol.  I have grown up knowing nothing but competing and sports and competition, it is what I am, and who I am.  For better or for worse.  I get to touch a lot of young people's lives for the better with my passion for competition in sports due to my job, but yes, at times, sometimes more then I would like to admit, I get carried away and can look foolish.  But my passion and dedication is NEVER in question.

I dont live in jax, few hours south, used to go to college up there and went to games all the time, its been a while, was going to go earlier this year but something came up and I had to cancel.  Already told my wife I will be going to a home playoff game no matter the cost, and should we make the superbowl, again, no matter the cost, I'll find a way there.  When you root for the teams I do, over my lifetime, to have a team possibly get there, might be the only time I live to see it, and I wouldnt miss it for the world

(12-12-2017, 12:19 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 10:36 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I missed that one...hold.

He's referring to Krayz_JVille_D, when the team announced that Fournette was missing the game because the team suspended him he posted in multiple thread right before the game that he was hoping we'd lose the game.

surely it was obvious to anyone I said that out of spite and anger.. It was pretty apparent I wanted them to win the game, and even said so during the game.  And I admitted that they made the right decision in the end, because we still won, however had we lost that game, I'm not so sure I would agree it was the right decision if of course the transgression really was what they reported..

but it's irrelevant now

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 03:06 PM by NM Jag Fan.)

For all the suffering this fan base has had to endure for the last 10 years,  this season has been a blast to watch, even from the other side of the country.   The Jags have made it worth the $360.00 I spent on the NFL Sunday Ticket!

Getting to watch them in the Playoff's is going to be AWESOME!!!

So glad this guy is GONE!

[Image: 25353668_743225255886713_807348665529476...e=5ACA00D4]
My sig goes here!

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 03:38 PM by Perkolater.)

(12-12-2017, 02:58 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: choosing when to spend my money to go to games doesn't make me a band wagon fan... I couldnt stop rooting for this team if I tried, and trust me, over these past 10 years, it would have been much easier to do so, but once I am a fan of a team, I go to my grave with that team... You should hear the other teams I root for in other sports... absolutely none of them are perennial winners, in fact, they are all perennial losers, atleast over the last decade, and then maybe people would understand my passion/anger lol.  I have grown up knowing nothing but competing and sports and competition, it is what I am, and who I am.  For better or for worse.  I get to touch a lot of young people's lives for the better with my passion for competition in sports due to my job, but yes, at times, sometimes more then I would like to admit, I get carried away and can look foolish.  But my passion and dedication is NEVER in question.

I dont live in jax, few hours south, used to go to college up there and went to games all the time, its been a while, was going to go earlier this year but something came up and I had to cancel.  Already told my wife I will be going to a home playoff game no matter the cost, and should we make the superbowl, again, no matter the cost, I'll find a way there.  When you root for the teams I do, over my lifetime, to have a team possibly get there, might be the only time I live to see it, and I wouldnt miss it for the world

OK, I will accept that at face value and cut you some slack But let me add this, I live west of Orlando, I drive back and forth to games every Sunday and have for years. I've traveled to see this team both home and away (including London) for years both when they were good.. then during the way too many bad years and now while we are on the upswing. Not ONCE have I ever posted (or even thought for even a secomd) that I hope they lost a game nor have I stopped spending my time and money on them (in fact a few years ago I stepped up to club seats so my $$ cost actually went up).

If you were in my shoes and read your previous posts and the post today about the team earning your appearance at a single game what would you think?

All that being said... get to the game.. be loud and then get back to another one!

Sorry, but wishing for the Jags to lose simply isn't something a fan does. You turn in your card once you walk through that door. You all know who you are. We know who you are too. There are still threads out there in cyberspace that show the ultimate revocation of one's fanhood.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(12-12-2017, 03:43 PM)Dakota Wrote: Sorry, but wishing for the Jags to lose simply isn't something a fan does. You turn in your card once you walk through that door. You all know who you are. We know who you are too. There are still threads out there in cyberspace that show the ultimate revocation of one's fanhood.

Male bovine excrement!

Tell us...if we picked say 9th instead of 4th this year, do we likely end up with Fournette?

If we picked 12th instead of 5th the year before, do we end up with Ramsey?

Do Ramsey and Fournette play a role in our success this year?

I advocated playing for superior draft position in the past.  Since you have knowledge about threads out in cyberspace, can you show me a thread or post where I rooted against the team this year?

I will wait.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 04:20 PM by Krayz_Jville_D.)

(12-12-2017, 03:37 PM)Perkolater Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 02:58 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: choosing when to spend my money to go to games doesn't make me a band wagon fan... I couldnt stop rooting for this team if I tried, and trust me, over these past 10 years, it would have been much easier to do so, but once I am a fan of a team, I go to my grave with that team... You should hear the other teams I root for in other sports... absolutely none of them are perennial winners, in fact, they are all perennial losers, atleast over the last decade, and then maybe people would understand my passion/anger lol.  I have grown up knowing nothing but competing and sports and competition, it is what I am, and who I am.  For better or for worse.  I get to touch a lot of young people's lives for the better with my passion for competition in sports due to my job, but yes, at times, sometimes more then I would like to admit, I get carried away and can look foolish.  But my passion and dedication is NEVER in question.

OK, I will accept that at face value and cut you some slack   But let me add this, I live west of Orlando, I drive back and forth to games every Sunday and have for years.  I've traveled to see this team both home and away (including London) for years both when they were good.. then during the way too many bad years and now while we are on the upswing.   Not ONCE have I ever posted (or even thought for even a secomd) that I hope they lost a game nor have I stopped spending my time and money on them (in fact a few years ago I stepped up to club seats so my $$ cost actually went up).  

If you were in my shoes and read your previous posts and the post today about the team earning your appearance at a single game what would you think?

All that being said... get to the game.. be loud and then get back to another one!

In no way was I trying to say I am the best fan or spend the most money.  I'll be honest, after many years of bad play, I was not spending my money to go see them lose, didn't mean I wasnt a fan of them or didnt watch the games, so kudo's to you for still doing so, and I mean that I am not saying it condescendingly

(12-12-2017, 03:43 PM)Dakota Wrote: Sorry, but wishing for the Jags to lose simply isn't something a fan does. You turn in your card once you walk through that door. You all know who you are. We know who you are too. There are still threads out there in cyberspace that show the ultimate revocation of one's fanhood.

that's completely false, rooting for the team to loose when they are already out of things so that they get better players is common sense

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 05:35 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

There is sunshine once again in the heart of Brooklyn

[Image: brooklynbridge-tomperry__card.jpg]

(12-12-2017, 12:41 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 12:08 PM)FBT Wrote: If the Jaguars lose one of the next two games, we can count on your usual meltdown declaring you aren't giving this team another dime since you're loving winning so much.  If they don't, well, thanks for buying one ticket.  We will all bow down to  your dedication.

Meanwhile, those of us who have been fully invested for years with season tickets, traveling to away games, and buying the merchandise when the team wasn't winning are lesser fans than you and your swimming partner in the river of tears, Bklyn.

Did I get that right?

I've actually never questioned your fan loyalty to be honest.  I just think you're about as manic as it gets, possibly in need of medication any time the team does something bad or something you disagree with.
Passion goes a long way.  Try it sometime.  When people don't talk good or bad is when time to worry.

There's passion, and then there's manic overreacting.  There IS a difference.

Nobody can question my passion for this team. I've been there from the start and intend to support them until I'm toes up. I don't think KJD is a bandwagon fan. Just a little overly dramatic.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(12-12-2017, 06:32 PM)FBT Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 12:41 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: Passion goes a long way.  Try it sometime.  When people don't talk good or bad is when time to worry.

There's passion, and then there's manic overreacting.  There IS a difference.

Nobody can question my passion for this team.  I've Ben there from the start and intend to support them until I'm toes up.  I don't think KJD is a bandwagon fan.  Just a little overly dramatic.

every fan is different... I prefer to call out and react too the team being a perennial suck fest, you prefer to give everyone involved with the team endless support and endless benefit of the doubt giving.... Neither of us is a better or worse fan.

But belittling my style of fan over the years, and those of us who do not sit back and accept losing and incompetence I think is wrong..

but finally, after 10 years, we can all finally be together for once and all enjoy this, and hopefully, this upcoming dynasty we are possibly building

There is passion and there is emotional immaturity.

Everyone likes getting their cookie. The emotionally mature don't throw a temper tantrum whenever they don't get it.

The best way to make people not question your fan hood is to grow up.

Tank for Teddy and Tank for Geno were classics

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 09:57 PM by Krayz_Jville_D.)

(12-12-2017, 09:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Tank for Teddy and Tank for Geno were classics

I wasnt on board for tanking for either of those 2

(12-12-2017, 09:35 PM)Predator Wrote: There is passion and there is emotional immaturity.

Everyone likes getting their cookie. The emotionally mature don't throw a temper tantrum whenever they don't get it.

getting a cookie is the same as losing 10 strait years and leaving in scrub GM like gene and scrub HC like Gus?

oh ok, completely the same

Just going to throw my two cents in. Don't expect anyone to care!!

Now I live in the UK but i have been following this team from 2000. I just randomly stumbled on the Jags but I have devoted 17 years to this team, I love them, my week lives and dies on the Jags score. I watch us every single Sunday, I don't follow soccer and I have visited Jacksonville in 2003. I have been fortunate enough to meet the Jags the last 2 seasons in the UK and to actually chat to them and watch them in England is something i could never have imagined at the beginning.

The last ten years have been rough. Hell even the 7 before were rough. There have been so many false dawns, so many 'rebuilding years', so many busts. You started to wonder if we actually wanted to win. I bought in big time to the Gus/Shad/Dave time and I was happy to sit through 2-14 and 4-12 and 3-13 as it was part of what we were building too. The last two years made me wonder if it's possible to hit on an entire rebuild. Hitting on one or two positions can be hard enough but a whole franchise from the top down? That's a lot of chips to fall right.

But this season.....this season. I had no faith or negativity with this season as I felt it was all on Blake. The D on paper looked elite but can Blake not turn the ball over and ask them to do everything.

I have been blown away by everything. FRom Coughlin down. I knew Coughlin would have an effect, I just didn't think it would be this quick. I was wrong on Marrone and Wash and Hackett keeps getting better. They play with such heart and i love seeing the years of losing making the winning so much sweeter. The other thing, is we keep looking better, we don't look like a team that's peaked yet (Chiefs). The playoffs are always a lottery and we just need to approach it the Coughlin way, they would have the hardest routes (@ Dallas, @Green Bay), but they knew it was one game and just leave it all out there. Seeing us put 27 on Seattle in one half, with the Bank rocking almost enough a tear to the eye. So happy for the local fans. You deserve this more than any.

Most teams seem to be missing a big guy but we will shock some teams in the next few weeks and the 'experts' that don't even watch us.

(12-12-2017, 08:22 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 06:32 PM)FBT Wrote: There's passion, and then there's manic overreacting.  There IS a difference.

Nobody can question my passion for this team.  I've Ben there from the start and intend to support them until I'm toes up.  I don't think KJD is a bandwagon fan.  Just a little overly dramatic.

every fan is different... I prefer to call out and react too the team being a perennial suck fest, you prefer to give everyone involved with the team endless support and endless benefit of the doubt giving.... Neither of us is a better or worse fan.

But belittling my style of fan over the years, and those of us who do not sit back and accept losing and incompetence I think is wrong..

but finally, after 10 years, we can all finally be together for once and all enjoy this, and hopefully, this upcoming dynasty we are possibly building

The big difference here, and the unmitigated truth is that if and when the team slips up again, one of us won't blow a gasket, pitch a tantrum, and refuse to attend another game until they win.  The other will take the lumps, and carry on supporting the team, attending games, etc.  No tantrum.  No meltdown.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(12-12-2017, 11:59 PM)FBT Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 08:22 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: every fan is different... I prefer to call out and react too the team being a perennial suck fest, you prefer to give everyone involved with the team endless support and endless benefit of the doubt giving.... Neither of us is a better or worse fan.

The big difference here, and the unmitigated truth is that if and when the team slips up again, one of us won't blow a gasket, pitch a tantrum, and refuse to attend another game until they win.  The other will take the lumps, and carry on supporting the team, attending games, etc.  No tantrum.  No meltdown.

naw, this team making the playoffs is more than anyone could have realistically hoped for this season... this season is almost already a win.  Now that doesnt mean we wont lose a game that we shouldnt lose with another awful coaching clock management situation again, and if that happens, I absolutely will call them out, but this team has already surpassed anyones expectations this year, and I am happy with them even with a 1st round exit

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017, 05:59 AM by Predator.)

(12-12-2017, 09:56 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 09:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Tank for Teddy and Tank for Geno were classics

I wasnt on board for tanking for either of those 2

(12-12-2017, 09:35 PM)Predator Wrote: There is passion and there is emotional immaturity.

getting a cookie is the same as losing 10 strait years and leaving in scrub GM like gene and scrub HC like Gus?

Funny because you reacted the same way a spoiled two year old does when he doesn't get his cookie.

All of us were exposed to 10 years of losing and Gene and Gus, it was just most of us reacted to it in a more mature and less annoying manner.

You are no happier when things go your way than anyone else. You just act like a spoiled brat when they don't.

If you want people to respect you and your opinion, grow up and act like someone who deserves respect and not a whiny 2 year old.

(12-13-2017, 05:58 AM)Predator Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 09:56 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: I wasnt on board for tanking for either of those 2

Funny because you reacted the same way a spoiled two year old does when he doesn't get his cookie.

All of us were exposed to 10 years of losing and Gene and Gus, it was just most of us reacted to it in a more mature and less annoying manner.

You are no happier when things go your way than anyone else. You just act like a spoiled brat when they don't.

If you want people to respect you and your opinion, grow up and act like someone who deserves respect and not a whiny 2 year old.

I'm still waiting for an explanation of why a 'fan' would hope we lose for suspending a player that broke team rules.  That's been glossed over pretty quickly.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-13-2017, 08:46 AM)Rico Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 05:58 AM)Predator Wrote: Funny because you reacted the same way a spoiled two year old does when he doesn't get his cookie.

I'm still waiting for an explanation of why a 'fan' would hope we lose for suspending a player that broke team rules.  That's been glossed over pretty quickly.

Passion? Duh!

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017, 09:18 AM by Krayz_Jville_D.)

(12-13-2017, 05:58 AM)Predator Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 09:56 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: I wasnt on board for tanking for either of those 2

I'm sorry, maybe I gave the impression that I care what other people think of me on a message board.. If I did, then I apologize, because I don't care at all.

If you think it is mature and less annoying to sit there and defend Gene Smith year 3 and 4 of his "rebuild" and call anyone who says he needs to go bibbers and bed wetters and all the other names that were thrown out,  then rinse and repeat with bad coaching etc, then I dont know what to tell you, because I would rather listen to someone complain and call out everything that is wrong rather than listen to someone stupidly defend obvious incompetent coaches/GM's and call anyone names who disagrees

To me that is lunacy, you can call it maturity.  Like I said, dont matter to me how you think of me.  I dont need your acceptance or approval to be a fan

(12-13-2017, 08:46 AM)Rico Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 05:58 AM)Predator Wrote: Funny because you reacted the same way a spoiled two year old does when he doesn't get his cookie.

I already responded to this.. it was a dumb thing to say but that same day I said I obviously said it in jest and spite and wanted them to win.. pretty clear that's what it was without even having to say that