Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Giving props to Fournette

Great game yesterday. No real long runs, but some key runs for first downs. That third down run, when the Jags needed 11 yards, was key. 

As Bortles continues to improve, I suspect defenses will have to back off crowding the line, making Fournette's job easier.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-11-2017, 01:26 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Great game yesterday. No real long runs, but some key runs for first downs. That third down run, when the Jags needed 11 yards, was key. 

As Bortles continues to improve, I suspect defenses will have to back off crowding the line, making Fournette's job easier.

The rushing yards surprised me. It never felt like we controlled the run game at all.. then I looked up at the scoreboard and LF had over 100 yards and the team had over 150.

(12-11-2017, 01:44 PM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 01:26 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Great game yesterday. No real long runs, but some key runs for first downs. That third down run, when the Jags needed 11 yards, was key. 

The rushing yards surprised me. It never felt like we controlled the run game at all.. then I looked up at the scoreboard and LF had over 100 yards and the team had over 150.

And they were all SOLID yards too...no fluke fake punt or anything.  LEGIT yards

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017, 02:18 PM by J-Mizzal.)

(12-11-2017, 01:44 PM)brianmsbc Wrote:

That because he wasnt getting hit in the backfield as soon as he got the ball like other games, having the full OL helps, he didnt have any huge runs but all his short runs were for 4 or 5 yards and thats what you want.
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

He should go over 1k this coming week
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good consistent running and yards when they were needed.
The rb's are coming into their own. Especially in the third and fourth quarters.....the seathugs were getting tired.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Man, that 3rd and 11 was clutch.....great blocking and he just flew that hole. Wilson was on the sideline chomping it to bits to get back in and go for a final drive. They thought they had us stopped. Game over.

On a side note talking about our OL improvement. Bortles as been sacked only 20 times. I think there are only 3 other QB's that have been sacked less. (QB's that have started every game)
in 2016 it was 34 times.
And in 2015 he was sacked 51 times (worst in the league that year)
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA