Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
On to Houston..division game

I am a proud Jaguar homer with momentum...

Jags 27
Texans 3

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-11-2017, 04:52 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 04:26 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Jags win BIG 42-10.

Lol

Hmmmmmm?? I guess that is kinda laughable....I mean the tinhorns getting 10 is pretty comical now that I think about it.

I amend my prediction. Thanks. 42-3. Jags all day. BOOM. Banana
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I don't see us losing unless the team simply decides not to show up. It won't even be close. Yates will he running for his life the entire game. I don't see their defense doing much to stop us either.

27-6 Jaguars. Get your playoff arrangements in order. Smile

Big Grin  (This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 10:19 PM by Inziladun.)

http://www.texanstalk.com/threads/game-1...rs.112798/

"I cant live in in a world where the Jags have everything and we have nothing! 
- Count of Monte Tejano"

It's been so long to expect a win that I'm having a hard time doing so. We should win but I'm still hesitant to assume the best. Obviously we are good enough to win big. We've had a couple games where we didnt come out and play as strong as possible. I'd like to think we'll be motivated. First because a win clinches a playoff and second, the way the seattle game ended with those big TDs allowed and the end of game scuffle, hopefully our guys will be fired up.

I don't care if they win 2-0. I don't care if they win by one point. I just want them to win. That's all that matters now.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I see the jags losing this one. That TJ Yates is elite, with playoff experience. Texans roll, 20-10

Jags need to button up that confusion in pass coverage they experienced in the 4Q last week. That game score should have been 30-10. Even T.J. Yates can hit a wide open receiver for a long score. That said, I see the Jags winning 24-6
“ I was a male, trapped in a female body........and then I was born. “

As long as the Jags aren’t as cocky and arrogant as some of our posters, we should come out with the win.  On paper, Jags have the better record, better defense/offense, better coaching, etc. but that means nothing if they assume this is a win and look past the Tinhorns.  Everyone knows what’s at stake here...playoffs, a division title and a small chance at a first round buy.

Our losses this year (Titans/Jets/Rams/Cardinals) showed what happens when we don’t respect our opponent enough to bother showing up to play.  Theoretically we could lose out and limp into the playoffs, but since no one wants to see that...

We need to treat this game (and every other game from here on out) like it’s the Superbowl.  Put in the hard practice & study, bring the ‘A’ game and play hard for the full 60 mins.  Keep the stupid penalties like taunting & personal fouls to a minimum.  Make smart in-game decisions and try to out-coach the other team for once.  Doing all that will give us a 91% chance to win this Sunday!

Go Jags! ?
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(12-13-2017, 05:36 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: As long as the Jags aren’t as cocky and arrogant as some of our posters, we should come out with the win.  On paper, Jags have the better record, better defense/offense, better coaching, etc. but that means nothing if they assume this is a win and look past the Tinhorns.  Everyone knows what’s at stake here...playoffs, a division title and a small chance at a first round buy.

Our losses this year (Titans/Jets/Rams/Cardinals) showed what happens when we don’t respect our opponent enough to bother showing up to play.  Theoretically we could lose out and limp into the playoffs, but since no one wants to see that...

We need to treat this game (and every other game from here on out) like it’s the Superbowl.  Put in the hard practice & study, bring the ‘A’ game and play hard for the full 60 mins.  Keep the stupid penalties like taunting & personal fouls to a minimum.  Make smart in-game decisions and try to out-coach the other team for once.  Doing all that will give us a 91% chance to win this Sunday!

Go Jags! ?

Sometimes talent trumps all the stuff you mentioned. The Jags have are extremely more talented than the Texans right now. The Jags can have a bad game by their standards and still win by double digits. It would take a lot to go wrong for the Texans to even have a shot at pulling this game off. They'd have to score a TD or two on defense and special teams and hope for some other mistakes by the Jags. It should be a comfortable win as long as we avoid a plethora of mistakes. 

Does anyone know what the NFL will set nosebleed ticket prices for if the jags get a wildcard weekend home game? I've never made the trip from the northeast to Jacksonvillefor a game, but a few years ago I promised myself I'd make the trip south the next time they had a home playoff game.

(12-13-2017, 05:53 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 05:36 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: As long as the Jags aren’t as cocky and arrogant as some of our posters, we should come out with the win.  On paper, Jags have the better record, better defense/offense, better coaching, etc. but that means nothing if they assume this is a win and look past the Tinhorns.  Everyone knows what’s at stake here...playoffs, a division title and a small chance at a first round buy.

Go Jags! ?

Sometimes talent trumps all the stuff you mentioned. The Jags have are extremely more talented than the Texans right now. The Jags can have a bad game by their standards and still win by double digits. It would take a lot to go wrong for the Texans to even have a shot at pulling this game off. They'd have to score a TD or two on defense and special teams and hope for some other mistakes by the Jags. It should be a comfortable win as long as we avoid a plethora of mistakes. 

Does anyone know what the NFL will set nosebleed ticket prices for if the jags get a wildcard weekend home game? I've never made the trip from the northeast to Jacksonvillefor a game, but a few years ago I promised myself I'd make the trip south the next time they had a home playoff game.

Probably  $53 for nose bleed

The only thing the Texans have going for them is Hopkins.

If only the Jags had 2 elite corners to guard him.....

We should dominate this game. Hard to say that as a Jags fan but Houston is in shambles with injuries and a 3rd string QB. They just lost at home to the 49ers. They can't be a very confident bunch.
No pain, no gain.

Even with miscues by the Jags, I can’t imagine a loss. The tinhorns have one of the most talented IR rosters right now! Now, the 49ers game I’m a little concerned with.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

OMG, thank God we didn't get Savage. He would have lit up our D

Injuries continue to be a story this week. Though we may be able to win this one missing a player or two, we need to be healthy in January.

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/9...6317189121

Ugh Booga....get healthy bro. We need you come playoffs.

(12-11-2017, 03:25 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 03:02 PM)Kane Wrote: Dang... I understand moving on to the next opponent quickly after a loss...

But we should be enjoying victory Monday

Nope.

I like this new feeling. Win a game and get to the next opponent lol

Your statement takes on a completely different context from one season to the next.

Last year?  As much as we all love football, we just wanted the misery, and the season, to end.

This year?  We want to see the team get the next win...and achieve postseason glory.  The Texans are the next team we expect to beat along the way.

I love it!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Trap game

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017, 12:15 PM by Bullseye.)

(12-12-2017, 10:39 PM)Dakota Wrote: I don't care if they win 2-0. I don't care if they win by one point. I just want them to win. That's all that matters now.

This.

(12-13-2017, 12:13 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Trap game

In this regard, I think SF better falls into that category than the Texans.

Hopefully, SF will be a trap game for the tacks.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!