Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
On to Houston..division game

Division opponents don’t typically fall within the realm of a “trap game.” Besides, this is December football and a chance to seal a playoff spot. You can bet nobody on the Jags are overlooking the importance of this game.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-13-2017, 12:34 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Division opponents don’t typically fall within the realm of a “trap game.” Besides, this is December football and a chance to seal a playoff spot. You can bet nobody on the Jags are overlooking the importance of this game.

I agree 100%. I don't expect our players to be overlooking the importance of this game. I am actually not worried about the other 2 games after that either. They know what's at stake.

(12-13-2017, 01:15 PM)Brett Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 12:34 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Division opponents don’t typically fall within the realm of a “trap game.” Besides, this is December football and a chance to seal a playoff spot. You can bet nobody on the Jags are overlooking the importance of this game.

I agree 100%. I don't expect our players to be overlooking the importance of this game. I am actually not worried about the other 2 games after that either. They know what's at stake.
Jags should beat the Texans easily. No doubt.

Another reason these Jags will be playing hard is the chance at a first round BYE. This team has a lot to play for the next 3 games and I love it.

people no game is a give me. espailley at this time of the year. Jags were in this possion before all they had to do was win,and get in. Jags lost to a Texans team in fact got shut out. THats jags team was a better team. If i rember correctly last time jags played againest TJ yates he looked great,and beat us. I'm not saying jags will lose,im not saying they will win. What im saying is this.

its the NFL,and anything can happen,stop counting the chickens before the egg hatches people.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-13-2017, 04:58 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: people no game is a give me. espailley at this time of the year. Jags were in this possion before all they had to do was win,and get in. Jags lost to a Texans team in fact got shut out. THats jags team was a better team. If i rember correctly last time jags played againest TJ yates he looked great,and beat us. I'm not saying jags will lose,im not saying they will win. What im saying is this.

its the NFL,and anything can happen,stop counting the chickens before the egg hatches people.

I don’t see a lot of people saying it is a gimme game, quite the opposite in fact. Confident predictions is not overlooking a team that will be inspired for revenge.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017, 11:21 PM by JagFan81.)

So how many pushoffs will Hopkins get away with and how many will be flagged for DPI?!

I think we will win and we should. All eyes are on us now and I don't think we need to go out and put 50 on them but I look at the Colts game as very much a blueprint of how we should look, and the second half against Seattle (minus the silly big plays at the end) is what this team can do when it's clicking. That second half was the most impressive this team has played since Pittsburgh in '07. They were fantastic.

We just need to go and shut down the O, Bortles put points up here and there and build the lead, make Houston abandon the run, kill them with the pass D. 

Hope the Bank is packed with Jags fans this week, if there was ever a time to get behind the team.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2017, 04:45 AM by JagFanatic24.)

3rd string QB and no JJ Watt....we win big

We'll win, they won't score a single point and we'll have a 3rd 10 sack game.

Result, we'll make history while clinching a playoff berth.

(12-14-2017, 04:45 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: 3rd string QB and no JJ Watt....we win big

Don't undersell TJ Yates.  I'm sure there was a reason he was 3rd string, but from what I saw last game, he's not bad at all. 

I think we win because we have motivation and they don't.  We're going for a playoff berth and/or division title.  They're just playing out the season.   I think that could be a big factor in the 4th quarter, if not the whole game.   That plus the fact that we're better than they are.

Jaguars - 34
tinhorns - 14
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2017, 09:48 AM by knarnn.)

(12-13-2017, 11:20 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: So how many pushoffs will Hopkins get away with and how many will be flagged for DPI?!

I think we will win and we should. All eyes are on us now and I don't think we need to go out and put 50 on them but I look at the Colts game as very much a blueprint of how we should look, and the second half against Seattle (minus the silly big plays at the end) is what this team can do when it's clicking. That second half was the most impressive this team has played since Pittsburgh in '07. They were fantastic.

We just need to go and shut down the O, Bortles put points up here and there and build the lead, make Houston abandon the run, kill them with the pass D. 

Hope the Bank is packed with Jags fans this week, if there was ever a time to get behind the team.

Has the referee crew for the game been announced yet? Im ok with most crews outside of Ron Torbert's. God bless if we get stuck with him in the playoffs.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2017, 10:31 AM by jagherd.)

Houston has lost 6 of the last 7 games (no doubt the loss of Watson is the major key to that).

However, they have played some very  lose games that could've  even been victories for them:
- They lost to INDY on a last second chance to score a TD and win (Savage sacked and failed)
- They lost to the Titans on a last second Chace to score a TD and win (throw to Hopkins in end zone was incomplete,, they lose)
- They lost to the Patriots in a very tight 36-33
- They lost AT Seattle in a game that may well be called an "Instant Classic"

Houston is not a bad team,, they've just fallen short a few times,, and the QB position has been the culprit.

I don't think their offense will  be able to do much of anything against the Jags this week (Jags secondary got torched last week,,, I bet they play shutdown football this week).

And,, if the Jags O-line plays half as well as they did against Seattle,, this likely will be an "easy" win.

(12-14-2017, 10:28 AM)jagherd Wrote: Houston has lost 6 of the last 7 games (no doubt the loss of Watson is the major key to that).

However, they have played some very  lose games that could've  even been victories for them:
- They lost to INDY on a last second chance to score a TD and win (Savage sacked and failed)
- They lost to the Titans on a last second Chace to score a TD and win (throw to Hopkins in end zone was incomplete,, they lose)

Houston is not a bad team,, they've just fallen short a few times,, and the QB position has been the culprit.

I don't think their offense will  be able to do much of anything against the Jags this week (Jags secondary got torched last week,,, I bet they play shutdown football this week).

And,, if the Jags O-line plays half as well as they did against Seattle,, this likely will be an "easy" win.

My man. Indy is terrible. Titans are poop. The Pats and Hawks game you're talking about are when they had Watson.... He was the ONLY reason those games were close.

Houston is a bad team. They just lost to the 1 win (now 2 win) 49ers.

Jags -27
tinhorns - 9

(12-14-2017, 11:06 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-14-2017, 10:28 AM)jagherd Wrote: Houston has lost 6 of the last 7 games (no doubt the loss of Watson is the major key to that).

My man. Indy is terrible. Titans are poop. The Pats and Hawks game you're talking about are when they had Watson.... He was the ONLY reason those games were close.

Houston is a bad team. They just lost to the 1 win (now 2 win) 49ers.
 Yeah,, I think the Jags should win easy (defense should be much stronger than eat happened last Sunday). 

Titans aren't that bad.
And,, I could totally see Jax going out west yo the 49ers and getting beat by a team they should handle  (could totally see it). 

Houston isn't terrible,, but the Jags D should handle it like the first game probably.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2017, 03:17 PM by duvalpride.)

Coverage maps released.  Nashville will be watching Smile (announcers: Chris Myers, Daryl Johnston)

[Image: 15-FOX-V2.png]

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=15

Texans are so beat up right now. There are players who were on the street 3 weeks ago that will start on defense. 4th string LT. Lucky that Will Fuller just came back, otherwise they would be starting a 5th string WR and the slot guy would be a guy off the street.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2017, 07:00 PM by snowwolf776.)

if my memmory serves me right last times jags faced TJ yates he beat them that game. He was with Texans last time he started at qb againest jaguars,and they beat us that game.  This wil lbe a very tough game. no game wil lbeeasy from here on out.  Teams want to play spoliors now. all im saying is people are underestimateign TY yates.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-15-2017, 06:55 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: if my memmory serves me right last times jags faced TJ yates he beat them that game. He was with Texans last time he started at qb againest jaguars,and they beat us that game.  This wil lbe a very tough game. no game wil lbeeasy from here on out.  Teams want to play spoliors now. all im saying is people are underestimateign TY yates.

His only game against Jax came in 2011.  He came in in relief of Matt Leinart at the end of the half and led them to a field goal on that drive.  Those were the only points scored by the TJ Yates led Texans.  Houston won 20-13.  His numbers were bad, going 8-15 for 70 yards.

I can't wait for Sunday