Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A-Rob: New Contract? (merged threads)

I'd be surprised if they don't keep ARob, probably under the tag. After that, if it does come down to a choice of Lee and Hurns I think they keep Lee. I think he would complement Robinson's style more and he has ball in hand playmaking ability that Hurns doesn't. I love Hurns' toughness, but I think he doesn't have the natural ability of the other two. Robinson, Lee, Westbrook as our main 3 with Cole to stretch the field sounds good to me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd say move on from ARob and Lee. We still have Hurns, Westbrook and Cole, plus we can always add another young receiver via the draft. It's a pretty deep WR class. I don't wanna waste cap money on an inconsistent WR, coming off of season ending injury. We still have solid starters at the position without ARob and Lee. It's not like we have nothing at all. Hurns is solid when healthy and Westbrook and Cole have shown good improvement. Get them a more consistent QB and I bet they become very good NFL receivers.

Imo, I'd give Robinson the non-exclusive tag. I don't think anyone would be willing to give up 2 firsts for him, but I'd test the waters and see what happens. If a team bites, I'd let him walk. Hurns ,Cole, Westbrook, and Lee would still be an outstanding group of receivers, and having 2 additional firsts would go a long way in pushing the cap out (getting talented players at a low price). If no one is interested in Robinson, I'd shop Hurns for whatever I could get. Maybe Robinson drawing little interest on the market would drive down his contract.

(12-14-2017, 12:40 AM)Last42min Wrote: Imo, I'd give Robinson the non-exclusive tag. I don't think  anyone would be willing to give up 2 firsts for him, but I'd test the waters and see what happens. If a team bites, I'd let him walk. Hurns ,Cole, Westbrook, and Lee would still be an outstanding group of receivers, and having 2 additional firsts would go a long way in pushing the cap out (getting talented players at a low price). If no one is interested in Robinson, I'd shop Hurns for whatever I could get. Maybe Robinson drawing little interest on the market would drive down his contract.

That's not a bad approach at all IMO.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2017, 01:07 AM by Inziladun.)

Some of y'all are crazy for thinking were going to let A-Rob walk. He's a stud, lol. If it comes down to Hurns or Lee, I think we let Lee walk because we already have a contract with Hurns, there's no ? there. We could honestly just keep both if Lee isn't asking for too much but I think he's the likeliest WR to walk. Yall see how we supposedly made an offer to Kenny Britt but he went to New England instead?

How many more concussions does Hurns have in him before he calls it a career? I know it’s a good debate with valid arguments on both sides about who is better between he and Lee, but the number of concussions Hurns has had settles it pretty easily for me and I love that he was an UDFA that made a name for himself. If Lee and Robinson are both here next year I’d shop Hurns, especially with Westbrook also on the roster.

(12-14-2017, 12:07 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'd say move on from ARob and Lee. We still have Hurns, Westbrook and Cole, plus we can always add another young receiver via the draft. It's a pretty deep WR class. I don't wanna waste cap money on an inconsistent WR, coming off of season ending injury. We still have solid starters at the position without ARob and Lee. It's not like we have nothing at all.  Hurns is solid when healthy and Westbrook and Cole have shown good improvement. Get them a more consistent QB and I bet they become very good NFL receivers.

Without Arob, this team lacks a 100 yard receiver. Arob is a true number 1. Westbrook, Arob, and Hurns, Cole. I think Lee is the odd man out. But his market value is going to be pedestrian.

(12-13-2017, 11:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 10:42 PM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote: In my opinion, Hurns and obviously Arob offer much more upside and production if they were in the same situation as Lee currently (only experienced receiver playing in a young WR lineup). Don't let circumstances cause you to fall in love with Lee. He's had a nice year but Hurns and Robinson put up equal or better production without the drops in his shoes in 2018. Let go of Lee for sure
 Unless you are from the future and you really mean 2018 and not 2016  -- That ^ is actually inaccurate. 
Hurns had a nearly identical drop rate in 2016 to Lee's 2017 rate. Meanwhile, Lee had a much lower rate in 2016.

Oops. Yes referring to 2017. What I am basically trying to say is that Lee benefits from the best two receivers on our team being out, and his production would be minimal with them healthy in my opinion. Keep the two Allens and roll with the rookies who have shown promise this season. My apologies.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2017, 11:05 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-14-2017, 05:40 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(12-14-2017, 12:07 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'd say move on from ARob and Lee. We still have Hurns, Westbrook and Cole, plus we can always add another young receiver via the draft. It's a pretty deep WR class. I don't wanna waste cap money on an inconsistent WR, coming off of season ending injury. We still have solid starters at the position without ARob and Lee. It's not like we have nothing at all.  Hurns is solid when healthy and Westbrook and Cole have shown good improvement. Get them a more consistent QB and I bet they become very good NFL receivers.

Without Arob, this team lacks a 100 yard receiver. Arob is a true number 1. Westbrook, Arob, and Hurns, Cole. I think Lee is the odd man out. But his market value is going to be pedestrian.

Westbrook has only played in like 3 or 4 games. We don't know how good he can be. Besides, Robinson played every game last year and only had a pair of 100 yard games, so it's not like we're losing Julio Jones or anything. Some of you guys are making ARob out to be way better than what he actually is. I believe he can be replaced fairly easily or perhaps a new QB can form a bond with one of the young receivers already on our roster and make him a #1 target. Some QB's need an established WR who is elite and others QB's make elite WR's. Bortles will never make an elite receiver. ARob showed last season, he is not an elite receiver. Don't pay him like he is. Make him earn it. He hasn't.

ARob, Hurns, Cole, Westbrook. Draft someone.

We good. Throw in Andrews at TE from Oklahoma. I like it.

(12-14-2017, 01:25 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: How many more concussions does Hurns have in him before he calls it a career? I know it’s a good debate with valid arguments on both sides about who is better between he and Lee, but the number of concussions Hurns has had settles it pretty easily for me and I love that he was an UDFA that made a name for himself. If Lee and Robinson are both here next year I’d shop Hurns, especially with Westbrook also on the roster.

Excellent thought about Hurns and concussions. Hadn't thought about that. Here's what worries me about Lee: He can't control his emotions/mouth on the field. He has already hurt us a couple times with that. I thought it was going to happen this last week against Seattle in that sideline scruffle. I'd sure hate to lose some critical game because Lee feels disrespected.

(12-14-2017, 11:04 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-14-2017, 05:40 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Without Arob, this team lacks a 100 yard receiver. Arob is a true number 1. Westbrook, Arob, and Hurns, Cole. I think Lee is the odd man out. But his market value is going to be pedestrian.

Westbrook has only played in like 3 or 4 games. We don't know how good he can be. Besides, Robinson played every game last year and only had a pair of 100 yard games, so it's not like we're losing Julio Jones or anything. Some of you guys are making ARob out to be way better than what he actually is. I believe he can be replaced fairly easily or perhaps a new QB can form a bond with one of the young receivers already on our roster and make him a #1 target. Some QB's need an established WR who is elite and others QB's make elite WR's. Bortles will never make an elite receiver. ARob showed last season, he is not an elite receiver. Don't pay him like he is. Make him earn it. He hasn't.

Yeah but Arob scored 14 Touchdowns and had 1400 yards receiving and has shown with a capable QB he can put up Julio type numbers. Last year Bortles was looking like he threw with his left arm. This year he tore his ACL. So since this is a crystal ball league he will be retained.

(12-14-2017, 01:03 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(12-14-2017, 11:04 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Westbrook has only played in like 3 or 4 games. We don't know how good he can be. Besides, Robinson played every game last year and only had a pair of 100 yard games, so it's not like we're losing Julio Jones or anything. Some of you guys are making ARob out to be way better than what he actually is. I believe he can be replaced fairly easily or perhaps a new QB can form a bond with one of the young receivers already on our roster and make him a #1 target. Some QB's need an established WR who is elite and others QB's make elite WR's. Bortles will never make an elite receiver. ARob showed last season, he is not an elite receiver. Don't pay him like he is. Make him earn it. He hasn't.

Yeah but Arob scored 14 Touchdowns and had 1400 yards receiving and has shown with a capable QB he can put up Julio type numbers. Last year Bortles was looking like he threw with his left arm. This year he tore his ACL. So since this is a crystal ball league he will be retained.

This isn't a "crystal ball" league, it's a "What have you done for me lately" league.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2017, 04:11 PM by Kane.)

If we let AR15 walk we could replace him with Arden Tate, in the 2nd, possibly 3rd round. Big 50/50 ball receiver.
If we let Lee hit FA, we could draft James Washington to replace him or perhaps Parris Campbell in the middle rounds (round 3 or so)
If we let Hurns go cut Hurns maybe someone like Anthony Miller in the later rounds. (round 4 or later)

(12-14-2017, 03:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-14-2017, 01:03 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Yeah but Arob scored 14 Touchdowns and had 1400 yards receiving and has shown with a capable QB he can put up Julio type numbers. Last year Bortles was looking like he threw with his left arm. This year he tore his ACL. So since this is a crystal ball league he will be retained.

This isn't a "crystal ball" league, it's a "What have you done for me lately" league.

I agree. It is a what have you done lately but it's also a crystal ball league. With a decent QB (2015 Bortles), Arob and Hurns went ham. But some guys like Lee, some guys like Arob, and Some Hurns.

Each his own I guess.

(12-14-2017, 04:11 PM)Kane Wrote: If we let AR15 walk we could replace him with Arden Tate, in the 2nd, possibly 3rd round. Big 50/50 ball receiver.
If we let Lee hit FA, we could draft James Washington to replace him or perhaps Parris Campbell in the middle rounds (round 3 or so)
If we let Hurns go cut Hurns maybe someone like Anthony Miller in the later rounds. (round 4 or later)

I can't tell if this is sarcasm, but Washington is a sure-fire first rounder and Miller is a borderline first rounder.

Trade him for all he's worth.

(12-14-2017, 11:37 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Trade him for all he's worth.

The trade deadline was six weeks ago.  

He'll be a free agent in 2018 if they don't offer/negotiate a deal before then.

Isn’t A-rob only 24? Why get rid of someone so young and entering their prime years??
I would personally like to see what an offense with A-Rob and 4nette looks like.

(12-15-2017, 12:07 AM)MojoKing Wrote: Isn’t A-rob only 24? Why get rid of someone so young and entering their prime years??
I would personally like to see what an offense with A-Rob and 4nette looks like.

Me too.  Coming off of the injury - they should get him at a slight discount.  There are lots of variables concerning the roster, the cap, and the doctors reports on A-Rob's recovery - but if the reports are good from the docs - I'd be fine with A-Rob getting a 4 year deal worth around 44-48 million.  I think he'll earn it.