Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A-Rob: New Contract? (merged threads)

If I understand it right, his contract is up at the end of the season.  I'm sure he is going to demand top 10 money but how can you pay a guy that kind of money coming off a major injury?  The team has Hurns under contract and  2 young receivers who seem hungry.  Do you think we pay him or he hits free agency?

(merged from similar thread)
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=25924

(merged from similar thread)
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(12-11-2017, 07:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 01:35 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I normally agree with you but go look at Lee by the numbers. He's so average. Highest drop rate in the league. 

Mike Thomas and Lee are comparable. It took Lee 8 weeks to score a TD. Most TDs in a season is 3.

Hurns in 2016:  
6 drops on 76 targets   (Lee had 3 drops on 105 targets)

Lee in 2017: 
8 drops on 96 targets  

Just a little perspective for you. 

It's also important to note that Lee has played lights out the past two games. He looks very good at the moment and still leads this team in receiving yards. 

I understand people getting down on Lee for the drops, but Hurns did the exact same thing last season. 
The injury thing for Lee is in the past and Allen Hurns' injury thing is in the present.  He missed six games last year while Lee missed none. Hurns is going on  5 missed games this year as well while Lee has missed none. 

Lee seems more valuable to me when you add it all up. I'm a big Hurns fan, but I don't know if I like him better than Marqise Lee right now if a tough decision had to be made.
It also wouldn't shock me to see both Lee and Hurns elsewhere next year if Cole and Westbrook finish strong. Unlikely - but very possible if they sign A-Rob to a big deal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on topic:

I'd still offer A-Rob a fair contract. If all the reports are true about how great he looked before the injury, I think he's a good guy to head up a young group moving forward.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

With a good Oline, any WR can get open. I opt to pay big uglies and pay them bigly

(12-11-2017, 07:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: With a good Oline, any WR can get open. I opt to pay big uglies and pay them bigly

I'd prefer to pay big uglies and still acquire/retain receivers that can get open quickly against the press regardless of the O-Line. 

Paying A-Rob also means having a stud vet receiver that knows the system in a WR room that may feature two 2nd year starters. That's valuable as well.

Hurns should be let go. Lee has been healthy and shown a lot more on the field than when Hurns was healthy and playing.

(12-11-2017, 08:10 PM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: Hurns should be let go. Lee has been healthy and shown a lot more on the field than when Hurns was healthy and playing.

This is wrong, Lee isn't better than Hurns when both are healthy nor has he shown more.

Hurns is better than Lee. Lee has raw talent. Hurns has proven he can be a 1000 yard receiver. Lee just ain't that guy.

(12-11-2017, 08:36 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Hurns is better than Lee. Lee has raw talent. Hurns has proven he can be a 1000 yard receiver. Lee just ain't that guy.

Not to mention Hurns has a nose for the endzone.  Hurns has 21 TDs in 41 starts.  Over half of his starts he finds the endzone

Just guessing of course, but I think ARob will want at least 4 years 60 million despite the injury. A tag is a definite possibility but will he sign it? A team with more cap space could step up for his services.

I see serious potential for this team to start trading good players in exchange for draft picks. That keeps the cap healthy, and keeps new, fresh blood coming in the door. This team could be set to do special things for years to come.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(12-12-2017, 02:26 AM)wg171 Wrote: Just guessing of course, but I think ARob will want at least 4 years 60 million despite the injury. A tag is a definite possibility but will he sign it? A team with more cap space could step up for his services.

It all depends on if he gets the "exclusive, or non-exclusive" franchise tag.

If he gets the exclusive tag, if he doesn't sign, he doesn't play, he doesn't even get to negotiate with anybody else period. He can't deal with any other teams, or sign any contracts besides one from us.

If he gets the non-exclusive tag, he can negotiate with other teams, but we have the rights to match any offer. If we don't match the offer, we get 2 first round picks in return? That is, if I remember right.

A-Rob
Hurns
Cole
Westbrook
Another undrafted stud.

Looks good to me.

ARob is great no doubt but will most likely spend far too much time injured with a helluva price tag. Move on

Could the team afford both BB and a franchise tag for ARob? How much would that be combined??

Could it be done w/o making any major roster cuts?

...and don't forget about Patrick

(12-11-2017, 07:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 01:35 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I normally agree with you but go look at Lee by the numbers. He's so average. Highest drop rate in the league. 

Mike Thomas and Lee are comparable. It took Lee 8 weeks to score a TD. Most TDs in a season is 3.

Hurns in 2016:  
6 drops on 76 targets   (Lee had 3 drops on 105 targets)

Lee in 2017: 
8 drops on 96 targets  

Just a little perspective for you. 

It's also important to note that Lee has played lights out the past two games. He looks very good at the moment and still leads this team in receiving yards. 

I understand people getting down on Lee for the drops, but Hurns did the exact same thing last season. 
The injury thing for Lee is in the past and Allen Hurns' injury thing is in the present.  He missed six games last year while Lee missed none. Hurns is going on  5 missed games this year as well while Lee has missed none. 

Lee seems more valuable to me when you add it all up. I'm a big Hurns fan, but I don't know if I like him better than Marqise Lee right now if a tough decision had to be made.
It also wouldn't shock me to see both Lee and Hurns elsewhere next year if Cole and Westbrook finish strong. Unlikely - but very possible if they sign A-Rob to a big deal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on topic:

I'd still offer A-Rob a fair contract. If all the reports are true about how great he looked before the injury, I think he's a good guy to head up a young group moving forward.

All fair points when comparing Lee and Hurns.

I just wonder though, what if Hurns was healthy this year. Would Lee even be having the impact he is.
We just saw in this last game Cole and Westbrook possibly having a bigger impact as far as big plays go. 

In the best case scenario we keep Hurns and Lee and AR and Cole and Westbrook.
Let Greene go, Wynn still has PS eligibility iirc, Benn can go.

Stats and all that aside, my GUT tells me Hurns would be the better keep if having to choose between him and Lee. 
However, in the back of my head there's a tickle of the idea that we let AR walk, sign Lee, keep Hurns, and have Cole and Westbrook plus a 5th (either rookie draft pick or veteran FA)

This WR corp has gone from Super deep (lets talk about trading Hurns) to being scrubs that can't catch to now shining and bringing us back to the hard discussion of which good WR to let go in the offseason.
Good problems we've rarely had.

According to Ian Rapoport the projected cap for next season is in the 174-178 millions range. Another increase compared to the 167 millions of cap this year.
Another little help for us to resign ARob, keep the defense together, deal with the QB situation and everything else.

(12-13-2017, 08:31 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: According to Ian Rapoport the projected cap for next season is in the 174-178 millions range. Another increase compared to the 167 millions of cap this year.
Another little help for us to resign ARob, keep the defense together, deal with the QB situation and everything else.
You get a deal and you get a deal and you get a deal!

This is why people should never worry about resigning guys in the future. Yannick, Jack, Ramsey, ARob.... They'll all get paid eventually.

In my opinion, Hurns and obviously Arob offer much more upside and production if they were in the same situation as Lee currently (only experienced receiver playing in a young WR lineup). Don't let circumstances cause you to fall in love with Lee. He's had a nice year but Hurns and Robinson put up equal or better production without the drops in his shoes in 2018. Let go of Lee for sure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(12-13-2017, 10:42 PM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote: In my opinion, Hurns and obviously Arob offer much more upside and production if they were in the same situation as Lee currently (only experienced receiver playing in a young WR lineup). Don't let circumstances cause you to fall in love with Lee. He's had a nice year but Hurns and Robinson put up equal or better production without the drops in his shoes in 2018. Let go of Lee for sure
 Unless you are from the future and you really mean 2018 and not 2016  -- That ^ is actually inaccurate. 
Hurns had a nearly identical drop rate in 2016 to Lee's 2017 rate. Meanwhile, Lee had a much lower rate in 2016.