Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Music

I got some LPs for Xmas/Hanukkah.

The Zombies - Odyssey and Oracle

Elton John - Tumble weed Junction

Born to Run - Springsteen

Queen - Greatest Hits

and the best one, triple LP masterpiece:

All things Must Pass - George Harrison

All of these are outstanding and sound amazing on vinyl.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Man I LOVE Rise Against!
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Never seen the movie. Nor am I a religious man. But I found this song titled "Of these, hope" from Peter Gabriel and then I stumbled upon the whole album from the movie "Passion: The Last Temptation Of Christ". I dig it.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-23-2017, 05:57 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I like almost everything. Heavy influences from 60s folk rock and progressive rock. Also have a thing for 60s and 70s soul and funk. Think George Clinton, James Brown, Earth Wind & Fire, War. But most recently I have been listening to bands like The Pretty Reckless and Motion Device (independent metal/progressive band from Canada), Imagine Dragons, and Sunshine Blind.

If you like The Pretty Reckless give Halestorm a whirl.  Lzzy Hale has one hell of a voice.  Also, did you know that Taylor Momsen the lead singer of The Pretty Reckless is none other that Cincy Lou Whoo from Jim Carrey's version of "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas"?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2018, 12:55 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-19-2018, 12:02 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Man I LOVE Rise Against!

"Soldier of War" always brings a tear to my eye. Amazing song. Some people who don't understand what the song is about, thinks it vilifies those serving our country, but it's quite the opposite. Tim (the lead singer), says the situations in the song are true stories told to him by real soldiers who he has spoken to throughout the U.S. He just wanted to show the sacrifices these people make and the memories they have to live with when they return home. It's more or less a story of why so many soldiers have PTSD.

(01-25-2018, 08:56 PM)copycat Wrote:
(12-23-2017, 05:57 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I like almost everything. Heavy influences from 60s folk rock and progressive rock. Also have a thing for 60s and 70s soul and funk. Think George Clinton, James Brown, Earth Wind & Fire, War. But most recently I have been listening to bands like The Pretty Reckless and Motion Device (independent metal/progressive band from Canada), Imagine Dragons, and Sunshine Blind.

If you like The Pretty Reckless give Halestorm a whirl.  Lzzy Hale has one hell of a voice.  Also, did you know that Taylor Momsen the lead singer of The Pretty Reckless is none other that Cincy Lou Whoo from Jim Carrey's version of "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas"?

I hate when actors try to sing, but Momsen is legit. She's probably one of my top 3-4 female rock singers. Halestorm is also pretty good. They did a remake of "All I wanna do is make love to you" by Heart and it came out amazing.

(01-26-2018, 12:51 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 12:02 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Man I LOVE Rise Against!

"Soldier of War" always brings a tear to my eye. Amazing song. Some people who don't understand what the song is about, thinks it vilifies those serving our country, but it's quite the opposite. Tim (the lead singer), says the situations in the song are true stories told to him by real soldiers who he has spoken to throughout the U.S. He just wanted to show the sacrifices these people make and the memories they have to live with when they return home. It's more or less a story of why so many soldiers have PTSD.

(01-25-2018, 08:56 PM)copycat Wrote: If you like The Pretty Reckless give Halestorm a whirl.  Lzzy Hale has one hell of a voice.  Also, did you know that Taylor Momsen the lead singer of The Pretty Reckless is none other that Cincy Lou Whoo from Jim Carrey's version of "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas"?

I hate when actors try to sing, but Momsen is legit. She's probably one of my top 3-4 female rock singers. Halestorm is also pretty good. They did a remake of "All I wanna do is make love to you" by Heart and it came out amazing.

I second DarloJAG about Rise Against. They are awesome.  I've heard Halestorm too, very talented band with a great lead singer.  They did a remake of "Slave to the Grind" that was the first thing I think I heard by them and was really impressed.

Momsen is definitely legit. I initially got turned on to them via the "My Medicine" video and went on to grab "Going to Hell" when it first came out. Great stuff.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-26-2018, 08:31 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-26-2018, 12:51 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: "Soldier of War" always brings a tear to my eye. Amazing song. Some people who don't understand what the song is about, thinks it vilifies those serving our country, but it's quite the opposite. Tim (the lead singer), says the situations in the song are true stories told to him by real soldiers who he has spoken to throughout the U.S. He just wanted to show the sacrifices these people make and the memories they have to live with when they return home. It's more or less a story of why so many soldiers have PTSD.

I second DarloJAG about Rise Against. They are awesome.  I've heard Halestorm too, very talented band with a great lead singer.  They did a remake of "Slave to the Grind" that was the first thing I think I heard by them and was really impressed.

Momsen is definitely legit. I initially got turned on to them via the "My Medicine" video and went on to grab "Going to Hell" when it first came out. Great stuff.

I've got everything they've ever done and I don't think I've ever heard a bad song by them. Their music is so well put together. I think people hear them and think they're a 'regular' punk rock band, but they're so much more than that. Very much nestled in my Top-10 bands.

I'm a metal guy myself. My favorite band is Trivium and I'm always listening to them. I listen to bands similar to theirs, as well as death metal, thrash, hardcore, etc.

Anyone else here familiar or like the band Hollywood Undead? I've been listening to them a lot lately.

(01-29-2018, 01:01 PM)Brett Wrote: Anyone else here familiar or like the band Hollywood Undead? I've been listening to them a lot lately.

I like their Swan Songs album. I have a special place in my heart for the song Black Dahlia because of a former relationship.

(01-29-2018, 01:01 PM)Brett Wrote: Anyone else here familiar or like the band Hollywood Undead? I've been listening to them a lot lately.

I'm familiar with them. I have American Tragedy. Not really my cup of tea, although there are a couple of tracks I like. They're too over-produced IMHO. With regard to this general kind of genre I prefer artists like Boondox and Crazy Town, a rawer kind of sound.

Man, freaking Tom Cruise of all people was outstanding in Rock of Ages.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2018, 04:40 PM by Brett.)

(01-29-2018, 02:57 PM)Dark Passenger Wrote:

I like their Swan Songs album. I have a special place in my heart for the song Black Dahlia because of a former relationship.

Nice! I love Undead, Young and This Love, This Hate from that album but not too much a fan of the other songs.

(01-29-2018, 07:08 PM)hb1148 Wrote:

I'm familiar with them. I have American Tragedy. Not really my cup of tea, although there are a couple of tracks I like. They're too over-produced IMHO. With regard to this general kind of genre I prefer artists like Boondox and Crazy Town, a rawer kind of sound.

Yeah I hear you. That's pretty interesting that you said you feel they are too overproduced because a lot of their songs seem to be about not getting respect and being pushed enough.

(01-30-2018, 04:39 PM)Brett Wrote:
(01-29-2018, 07:08 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I'm familiar with them. I have American Tragedy. Not really my cup of tea, although there are a couple of tracks I like. They're too over-produced IMHO. With regard to this general kind of genre I prefer artists like Boondox and Crazy Town, a rawer kind of sound.

Yeah I hear you. That's pretty interesting that you said you feel they are too overproduced because a lot of their songs seem to be about not getting respect and being pushed enough.

I just meant that the sound overall felt overly polished, meaning it felt like they were getting pressure and probably some help to tailor their sound to appeal to a mass-market. But I definitely get why people like them.

(01-30-2018, 07:19 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 04:39 PM)Brett Wrote: Yeah I hear you. That's pretty interesting that you said you feel they are too overproduced because a lot of their songs seem to be about not getting respect and being pushed enough.

I just meant that the sound overall felt overly polished, meaning it felt like they were getting pressure and probably some help to tailor their sound to appeal to a mass-market. But I definitely get why people like them.

Oh gotcha, yeah that makes sense. I actually didn't mind the Five Album. There are a lot of good songs I like from it like California Dreaming, Whatever It Takes, Bad Moon, Ghost Beach, Renegade, Black Cadillac, Your Life. Actually now that I tally those up probably the most songs I like from one album of theirs.

Well, I'm listeniing to early Black Sabbath right now, their "We Sold Our Soul For Rock 'N' Roll" CD.
Early Sabbath and early Pink Floyd are two of my favorites
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

(02-02-2018, 08:24 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Well, I'm listeniing to early Black Sabbath right now, their "We Sold Our Soul For Rock 'N' Roll" CD.

My first Sabbath album (and one of the first albums I bought for myself) was Sabotage. It really blew my mind, before that I didn't know you could even make music like that.

(02-02-2018, 08:24 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Well, I'm listeniing to early Black Sabbath right now, their "We Sold Our Soul For Rock 'N' Roll" CD.

I go straight for the good stuff, Black Sabbath's Greatest Hits. I love "Sweet Leaf" and "N.I.B."

(01-29-2018, 11:56 AM)Dark Passenger Wrote: I'm a metal guy myself. My favorite band is Trivium and I'm always listening to them. I listen to bands similar to theirs, as well as death metal, thrash, hardcore, etc.

I love Trivium. I'm also a big fan of Caliban, Chimaira and In Flames... 3 of my favourite metal bands..

I'm hoping for an Incubus and a Story of the Year UK tour to be announced... it's been too long!!

(02-03-2018, 01:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I go straight for the good stuff, Black Sabbath's Greatest Hits. I love "Sweet Leaf" and "N.I.B."

The "We Sold Our Soul For Rock 'N' Roll" CD is their Greatest hits through their 1st 6 LP's
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!