Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags 2 seed?

Pretty sure if the Patriots lose at Pitt this week, and we take care of business, we will then be ahead of the Patriots as the 2 seed based on conference record as our common opponents based off my quick looking was even.

That would mean a bye in the 1st round and a home game, likely vs the patriots, in the 2nd round

After watching Brady and that offense struggle vs the Miami D, and their defense revert back to the first half of the season defense, I am not afraid of them at all.  There is no way they should be able to throw on us, they have no physically imposing WR, only cooks is considered fast.  Gronk would be the biggest worry.

What does everyone think of this?  We also own the tie breaker with Pitt, but they would have to lose vs Patriots and lose an additional game which I dont see happening, so I think we want Pitt to win next week

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I am not sure of the scenario but I do know I don't want to face the Pats haha. I preferred the scenario of Pitt losing to the Ravens (RAVENS FAILED US) Then Pit losing to the Pats this week. That would have been my dream scenario Big Grin
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

All I know is that if the Jags take care of business, a bye could become reality. NE looked very pedestrian last night. Their defense is struggling this season. Then, it's just 3 more wins, and Sir Lombardi comes home to Jacksonville.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Best scenario. Pats win then get beat by a Bills team fighting for their playoff life. Steelers then lose to the spoiler Browns for their only win of the season.

Jags win out for first place!

(12-12-2017, 09:02 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: Pretty sure if the Patriots lose at Pitt this week, and we take care of business, we will then be ahead of the Patriots as the 2 seed based on conference record as our common opponents based off my quick looking was even.

That would mean a bye in the 1st round and a home game, likely vs the patriots, in the 2nd round

After watching Brady and that offense struggle vs the Miami D, and their defense revert back to the first half of the season defense, I am not afraid of them at all.  There is no way they should be able to throw on us, they have no physically imposing WR, only cooks is considered fast.  Gronk would be the biggest worry.

What does everyone think of this?  We also own the tie breaker with Pitt, but they would have to lose vs Patriots and lose an additional game which I dont see happening, so I think we want Pitt to win next week

If this scenario is accurate, I like it and it seems very possible to play out that way. 

Nothing would get the jags more national attention than beating the pats in the playoffs either
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

If the Pats lose 1 more game, and the best hope for that is Steelers or Bills; and we win the rest then we take 2nd seed. If we loose to the Titans then we take 3rd seed.

Here is my question, how are home games figured out? Im trying to plan my January weekends.

Here's the thing... When we played Pitt, big ben was struggling a bit at the time. That offense now looks damn near unstoppable. Antonio is on another level, JuJu is a factor now, Leveon Bell is unreal, the O-line is playing well. Their defense is weaker than before though.

The pats offense doesn't seem anywhere near as explosive, not to mention, as good as Brady is, he is a literal statue back their, and with our pass rush, he would be in big trouble.

As for how home games go, if you are a 1 or 2 seed, you get a 1st round bye and a home game in the 2nd round. If you are the 3rd or 4th seed, you get a home game in the 1st round, then go on the road in the 2nd round should you win

Can the Jags send another great QB into retirement????
Huh

(12-12-2017, 09:50 AM)Monty Wrote: Can the Jags send another great QB into retirement????

Doubtful, but we can spare him a trip to Minnesota.

Yep if the Patriots lose just one more, doesnt matter who they lose to, if we win out, we'd get a BYE. It's a shame the Steelers were able to pull out wins the last two weekends. If they had lost either of those games, we would control our destiny in terms of a BYE. But as it stands now, we need a little help. Honestly though I'm still not over 17 years of futility. I still have a hard time believing we'll win out. We're still too inconsistent at times.

well the next 2 games should absolutely be wins if we show up... Houston could be a blow out with Yates at QB, and San Fran is playing better and its west coast, but again, if they come READY and focused, it should be a win.

Tenn in the last week might be fighting for its life so that game is a bit worrisome

I want the Pats at home in the second round and for this defense to give Brady the Marino treatment. That would be glorious!
“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

(12-12-2017, 09:02 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: Pretty sure if the Patriots lose at Pitt this week, and we take care of business, we will then be ahead of the Patriots as the 2 seed based on conference record as our common opponents based off my quick looking was even.

As nice as that sounds, I don't think the Patriots are just going to roll over and give up the 1 or 2 seed.  Look for them to bounce back in a big way against Pittsburgh.  The media in Boston is killing them today.  That usually sparks a reaction on the field the following week.

On a side note, we're talking about playoff seeding now. It's December 12th. Isn't it nice that we're not talking about the draft already?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(12-12-2017, 09:54 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 09:50 AM)Monty Wrote: Can the Jags send another great QB into retirement????

Doubtful, but we can spare him a trip to Minnesota.

It figures that the Jags will make their Super Bowl debut in Minnesota in February.  Why couldn't the Super Bowl be in Dallas, or LA, or somewhere in Florida this year?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I expect Hoodie and the GOAT to come back firing next week against Pitt and win that game. As FBT said they reaction to their loss yesterday is going to spark a fire on the field this week.

A 2 seed would be ideal but at this point just get in. The hot team will take it from there and I expect that to be us.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 11:54 AM by Bullseye.)

(12-12-2017, 11:48 AM)FBT Wrote:

As nice as that sounds, I don't think the Patriots are just going to roll over and give up the 1 or 2 seed.  Look for them to bounce back in a big way against Pittsburgh.  The media in Boston is killing them today.  That usually sparks a reaction on the field the following week.

On the one hand, woe to those who poke the sleeping bear, so to speak.  Brady is the one guy I wouldn't want pissed off from a football perspective.  This is exactly the kind of talk that drives him to excel.

On the other, father time is undefeated.  As great as he has been for as long as he has, the immutable laws of football physics apply to Brady, too.

I hope this is the case, because we may face him in the postseason.  It would make our job easier if he plays like the Geriatric of all time vs. the greatest of All time.

(12-12-2017, 11:50 AM)FBT Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 09:54 AM)TJBender Wrote: Doubtful, but we can spare him a trip to Minnesota.

It figures that the Jags will make their Super Bowl debut in Minnesota in February.  Why couldn't the Super Bowl be in Dallas, or LA, or somewhere in Florida this year?

It would be no less a Lombardi if we won it there.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-12-2017, 10:11 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: well the next 2 games should absolutely be wins if we show up... Houston could be a blow out with Yates at QB, and San Fran is playing better and its west coast, but again, if they come READY and focused, it should be a win.

Tenn in the last week might be fighting for its life so that game is a bit worrisome

Houston is now the proverbial trap game, but I think this team is ready to lock up their playoff spot.  Hopefully they steamroll the tinhorns.  San Fran is playing better, but they have to face our defense.  This team historically plays badly on the west coast, so this is one of those games that is a concern.  Ideally, I'd like to win the next two, have the tacks lose one more, and then we're starting Chad Henne in Nashvegas.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 12:02 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(12-12-2017, 09:02 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: Pretty sure if the Patriots lose at Pitt this week

Tomlin gets outsmarted by Belichick every single time.  He's too stupid to figure out that the Pats go 4 wide on the Steelers to negate the blitz.  Also, the Steelers play a soft zone vs the Pats and Brady eats them alive.  To beat the Pats you need to bring pressure with the front 4 and play press coverage like the Giants did in each super bowl and the Dolphins did last night.  That said, Tomlin won't be able to figure out the obvious.

(12-12-2017, 11:53 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 11:48 AM)FBT Wrote: As nice as that sounds, I don't think the Patriots are just going to roll over and give up the 1 or 2 seed.  Look for them to bounce back in a big way against Pittsburgh.  The media in Boston is killing them today.  That usually sparks a reaction on the field the following week.

On the one hand, woe to those who poke the sleeping bear, so to speak.  Brady is the one guy I wouldn't want pissed off from a football perspective.  This is exactly the kind of talk that drives him to excel.

On the other, father time is undefeated.  As great as he has been for as long as he has, the immutable laws of football physics apply to Brady, too.

I hope this is the case, because we may face him in the postseason.  It would make our job easier if he plays like the Geriatric of all time vs. the greatest of All time.

(12-12-2017, 11:50 AM)FBT Wrote: It figures that the Jags will make their Super Bowl debut in Minnesota in February.  Why couldn't the Super Bowl be in Dallas, or LA, or somewhere in Florida this year?

It would be no less a Lombardi if we won it there.

While I agree with this, I don't think Father Time stops the clock in a week or two.  Brady is having a solid season.  He looked bad yesterday, but that's more of an anomaly at this point.  Age does catch up, but I think this guy is good for the rest of this  year at least.  I'd love to make his next bad game against our defense.  I think they'd rough him up pretty good if given the opportunity.

Oh, a Lombardi is a Lombardi regardless of where it's one.  Being a Florida native, I just prefer a more tropical climate to attend! The good news here is that if Jax is in the Super Bowl, ticket prices will be reasonable by Super Bowl standards.

At this point I’d rather face the Pats than the Steelers. Historically we are great against the Steelers yes, but Brady hasn’t been the same since his Achilles injury and they are one of the worst teams against the run. I think we could handle the pats at home